Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Notification Panel Variable

AndyAA

Question

Hi all,

I want to set up Notifications (Push/E-Mail) for many sensors (door/window, flood, ...). If I use the notification feature of the sensor, I can only select predefined notifications from the notification panel.

But if I write static text there (like "window open), I don't know which window it is.

Is there a possibility to include a variable in the notification panel text which uses the device name, device room or similar? Use the notification panel like a very basic template?

Otherwise I would always have to create a single magic scene for each sensor, and if I want to change text, I have to change all manually...

Regards,

Andy

Edited by AndyAA

6 answers to this question

On 3/8/2017 at 9:20 AM, AndyAA said:

seems this is not possible :-/

not with HCL, not sure if possible with HC2 by using LUA

• Inquirer
  • 1 minute ago, Flowy said:

not with HCL, not sure if possible with HC2 by using LUA

OK thanks a lot, then I will just set up scenes combining devices, or set up notifications for each sensor with custom text...

3 minutes ago, AndyAA said:

OK thanks a lot, then I will just set up scenes combining devices, or set up notifications for each sensor with custom text...

Hi @AndyAA

If you have a HC2, I just published a new scene that helps send all types of messages/notifications/tts.

You can find it here...

Please login or register to see this link.

Unfortunately, its lua and won't work with the HCL :-|

• Inquirer
  • 7 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

Hi @AndyAA

If you have a HC2, I just published a new scene that helps send all types of messages/notifications/tts.

You can find it here...

Please login or register to see this link.

Unfortunately, its lua and won't work with the HCL :-|

Hm... I expected this somehow with LUA :-) I can open the Lua interface even on HCL by setting "false" to "true" (/fibaro/en/scenes/edit.html?id=new&isLua=true) - but it would be too easy if this would be the way to bypass the limitation ;)

But no problem, if the system itself will be satisfying, I might change from the HCL to HC2 in future, this was just the better starting/testing entrypoint as the HC2 much more expensive just for this feature mainly ;)

3 minutes ago, AndyAA said:

Hm... I expected this somehow with LUA :-) I can open the Lua interface even on HCL by setting "false" to "true" (/fibaro/en/scenes/edit.html?id=new&isLua=true) - but it would be too easy if this would be the way to bypass the limitation ;)

But no problem, if the system itself will be satisfying, I might change from the HCL to HC2 in future, this was just the better starting/testing entrypoint as the HC2 much more expensive just for this feature mainly ;)

Hi @AndyAA

When I started, I was using a little of the block scenes but quickly switched tp basic scenes in lua. This was when I was able to start to unleash the real power and flexibility of the HC2

and even though it can be buggy and frustrating at time , I wouldn't go back..

hang in there, it'll be worth it..:-D