Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Free power UI designer [ finally found ]

Guest Roman

Guest Roman

Hello all Fibaro users.

For a long time I'm trying to find application which allows to create custom UI. I really like native Fibaro application, but it would be much easier to see plan of house from top view with all controls.

In this topic I would like to share my experience.

I usually spend a lot of time to navigate between many sections in Fibaro mobile application. 
For example if I want to run scene, turn of dimmer, see which devices is turned on in bedroom I need to do many clicks.

If you know 

Please login or register to see this link.

, It's quite easy but doesn't cover such case. Additionally it could be configured only from mobile phone.

Let's move to main part. Accidentally, I found very cool solution. It called Home Remote.

Link to site:

Let me describe main points:

• It's freel;
  • There is cool designer application, which allows to draw any UI;
  • It has native application for Android, Apple and Windows;
  • Developer adds new functionality and fix bugs super fast!
  • Flexible idea of it, allows to support almost any devices via HTTP!

When I found it, it didn't support Fibaro. I contacted to Bill (author of this application) and he added Fibaro support in several days, it's incredibly!

Now, I developed my first project - something like plan of my apartment.

I have one page application, but it's very powerfull:

- I can run main scenes;

- I can see states and control all my light sources;

- I can see and set temperature;

- In future I will add video from camera, audio control, and TV.

I think this is the best solution which allows to create custom design. And such application should live and grow.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

@Roman, Great. Thanks for This. I also searched and tried different dashboards. None of them give me any result in an hour.
This one below was less then 1 hour work. It opens opportunities.

5 hours ago, Roman said:

Hello all Fibaro users.

For a long time I'm trying to find application which allows to create custom UI. I really like native Fibaro application, but it would be much easier to see plan of house from top view with all controls.

In this topic I would like to share my experience.

I usually spend a lot of time to navigate between many sections in Fibaro mobile application. 
For example if I want to run scene, turn of dimmer, see which devices is turned on in bedroom I need to do many clicks.

If you know 

, It's quite easy but doesn't cover such case. Additionally it could be configured only from mobile phone.

Let's move to main part. Accidentally, I found very cool solution. It called Home Remote.

Link to site:

Let me describe main points:

• It's freel;
  • There is cool designer application, which allows to draw any UI;
  • It has native application for Android, Apple and Windows;
  • Developer adds new functionality and fix bugs super fast!
  • Flexible idea of it, allows to support almost any devices via HTTP!

When I found it, it didn't support Fibaro. I contacted to Bill (author of this application) and he added Fibaro support in several days, it's incredibly!

Now, I developed my first project - something like plan of my apartment.

I have one page application, but it's very powerfull:

- I can run main scenes;

- I can see states and control all my light sources;

- I can see and set temperature;

- In future I will add video from camera, audio control, and TV.

I think this is the best solution which allows to create custom design. And such application should live and grow.

Hi @Roman

Thanks for sharing.

I have worked a lot with openremote and a litle with demopad but they never seem to have met my expectations.

This one looks promising .. must ad it to my to-do list

Thanks

-f

Hi @Roman

Just installed it and it is indeed looking promising! I will play around with it and see what can be done. Thnx for sharing!

this looks great, downloded to test with my HCl all workded in the designer could contol lights etc, But once saved an pended on iPhone just got error "Invalid variable" any thoughts on why this might be ??

Guest Roman
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you for feedback.

As I mentioned this is not my project, I just found this application.

Fibaro support was added about one week ago. So probably there are some bugs there.

Author of this application is made forum:

So you can ask him about it. In my case we replied very fast.
    Designer app is updated very often and automatically. But there is some delay for updating mobile clients.

I agree this app looking ver promising! And I'm sure we can help author to improve it. While implementation I opened access to my HC2 and he developed support for Fibaro.

It's a free project that lives off donations. I believe it must continue to live and develop.

Hi @Roman,

thanks for sharing! Only thing that I don't like with this solution is that there is only designer for Windows which I hate. I hope they will make designer also for Mac.

• Like 1

Found this on their google groups community

This looks like it could be promising...

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2017_03/Capture.PNG.a6820ddc3c6895095859d9f2b0724a70.PNG" alt="Capture.PNG.a6820ddc3c6895095859d9f2b0724a70.PNG" />

Guest Roman
  • Topic Author
  • Also, check example projects.

So you can implement any design:

Usually, I download icons from this site:

9 minutes ago, Roman said:

Also, check example projects.

So you can implement any design:

Usually, I download icons from this site:

Thanks for that  @Roman

nice find also with the icons

Edited by AutoFrank

Does this allow me to add an external designed three dimensional layout?  "like id be looking down from above with color and detail?"

This is great @Roman thanks for sharing, at first look it appears to be exactly what I've been looking for.

Cheers,

al.

Guest Roman
  • Topic Author
  • 15 hours ago, matt1981 said:

Does this allow me to add an external designed three dimensional layout?  "like id be looking down from above with color and detail?"

Main idea, you can install clinet application to your phone or tablet. After it you will be able to associate file extension *.hrp with it.

So everytime when you try to open *.hrp file in this application, new project will be loaded and connected to Fibaro Server.

In my case I use dropbox. I just always opens latest version of my smart home project.

2 hours ago, Roman said:

Main idea, you can install clinet application to your phone or tablet. After it you will be able to associate file extension *.hrp with it.

So everytime when you try to open *.hrp file in this application, new project will be loaded and connected to Fibaro Server.

In my case I use dropbox. I just always opens latest version of my smart home project.

Hello,

You have done a terrific work. But also it will be more easy and useful if you make some tutorials how to use that program with fibaro . It will be very helpful

Thankyou

sounds interesting, ive just never heard of an HRP file before.  maybe if you could post a few examples with tutorials, that would be great!

Guest Roman
  • Topic Author
  • It's just extension of file. Designer application creates files with names like this: myHouse.hrp

After it, you just need to send this file to Tablet and open it. Client application automatically opens it.

• 5 years later...
    On 3/8/2017 at 9:23 AM, Sankotronic said:

Hi @Roman,

thanks for sharing! Only thing that I don't like with this solution is that there is only designer for Windows which I hate. I hope they will make designer also for Mac.

Just stick it in a VM, once you've designed your remote you don't have to touch it again

On 3/8/2017 at 4:53 PM, matt1981 said:

You can use a floor planner program to create a top down 3D layout and then add it in as a background image. You can either use multiple images and use parameters of certain devices to change the background, or you can just create areas of low opacity to fill in the colour (you can link the colour of those blocks to the colour of an RGBW controller) - I've got the colours working on mine, I'm just in the middle of drawing out the background floorplan image and will then tweak the overlay.