Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Best Practices ALARMs

AndyAA

Question

Hi all,

I've set up all my doors and windows with door/window sensors (including temperature modules), and 2 smoke detectors and 3 flood detectors.

What's the best (and usable) way to set up really critical alarms (if armed)? Do I really need to set up the alarms using the alarm settings in the advanced tab of each sensor? Or is it also reliable to use a single scene, connect all sensors with OR and send a notification? In this way, I would also not be able to include the sensor room or name in the message, but I would be able to change the text at one location instead of needing to edit every single sensor.

Just want to find out what's your best practices, how you set it up for alarming you?

Do ALARMS/Notifications work like "listeners"? Can i Just configure a scene which has all items like "if smokedetector=breached, or..." and the send push notifications? Or doesn't this work as Scenes always are started by manual actions/buttons/mobiles or by the setting of a single sensor (like notifications)?

Regards,

Andy

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by AndyAA
added scene alarming question

4 answers to this question

one scene for each monitored alarm.

it would be a chaos to receive a general alarm without knowing if it is smoke, water, earthquake, thievies, aliens, ...

unfortunately this practice in the poor HCL eats RAM

• Inquirer
  • Thanks a lot, I think I'll set it up somehow like "grouped" alarms. I'll group all outer window/door sensors, another group for water and one for smoke... 

And I'll also set up methods to arm only parts of them (if possible), so I might not arm all window sensors if I'm at home... The "Alarm" feature only is used for motion/door sensor, but I think I can set up scenes which I can execute manually to arm specific sensors..

@Andyaa, you can also use the alarm settings of the sensor to set an arming condition. See screenshot below.
    I have two different, let say, switches. One is for arming all the sensors when noboby is at home. One is for arming during the night.

So, in that case, you add additional condition in the sensor. You're scene can remain the default scene which will arm all sensors but those specific sensors with an additional condition will not be armed.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by wpeeters
    more details