Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

2 x Two/Multi-way switching with Dual Switch FGS-223

eug2000

Question

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance for your advice.

My electrician is about to install my fibaro modules and I was hoping to get him some advice.

Is it possible to run 2 separate two-way switches off the single FGS-223? ie, one two-way switch circuit on S1 and another on S2?? I'm not sure if it is possible, as there is only one L and one N connection - or does this not matter? There is plenty on the net about wiring a single two-way circuit, but I can't find anything about wiring 2 x two-way circuits on the one double switch.

Is this possible?? If it is possible, can someone provide me with a wiring diagram that I can give to my electrician?

Thanks heaps in advance for your help!

Regards,

Eugene.

14 answers to this question

Here are several diagrams. You can use one of those on S1 and the same or on S2. It may take some rewiring. These are drawn for the previous models of relay switches, but they still apply. The difference is, the old models had a separate L and I - the FGS2x3 has L and I connected internally. I had a cursory look and all the schematics below have L an I tied together anyway, so it makes no difference.

Please login or register to see this link.

4 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

Here are several diagrams. You can use one of those on S1 and the same or on S2. It may take some rewiring. These are drawn for the previous models of relay switches, but they still apply. The difference is, the old models had a separate L and I - the FGS2x3 has L and I connected internally. I had a cursory look and all the schematics below have L an I tied together anyway, so it makes no difference.

Please login or register to see this link.

Or you can take this lovingly

Please login or register to see this attachment.

crafted original  

Just now, Jamie mccrostie said:

crafted original  

For what it is worth, I really Iike that: drawn on paper, photographed with your phone. If the forum software allowed me to, I'd give you a plus five! :-)

4 minutes ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

@petergebruers I started on a paper napkin but the ink smeared to much, the kind  waitress where im dining gave  me a piece of paper :mrgreen:

@Jamie mccrostie

@petergebruers

Jamie - I think you just summed up the secret sauce of this forum. People willing to make an effort helping people with whatever they have to hand ... hats off to you 

• Inquirer
  • Hi all,

Thanks heaps for the replies (especially the effort for the hand-drawing!).

I'll pass it on to my sparky and let him know. Fit-off is in 2 days, so will report back with any problems!

Cheers,

Eugene.

Hi Eugene, Gents,

Would love to hear how you went with this. I have similar wiring although the Switch 1 circuit also has two intermediate toggle switches between the two SPDT switches. See attached. 

Switch 2 works fine for me but Switch 1 only works through the app, the toggle switch on the wall has no effect.

The Vesternet article suggested you must have momentary switches for this config - any thoughts? I have set the parameter 20 to allow toggle switch.

Cheers,

Arnulf

2 hours ago, wirefreeAU said:

Hi Eugene, Gents,

Would love to hear how you went with this. I have similar wiring although the Switch 1 circuit also has two intermediate toggle switches between the two SPDT switches. See attached. 

Switch 2 works fine for me but Switch 1 only works through the app, the toggle switch on the wall has no effect.

The Vesternet article suggested you must have momentary switches for this config - any thoughts? I have set the parameter 20 to allow toggle switch.

Cheers,

Arnulf

Dont know why its not working that should work fine.

Check to see  if S1 switches when bridged out to live (without 3 way circuit connected).

Then with S1 disconnected check to see if you have 240v to Neutral  on the S1 wire in every other  switch position.

If not, was the  3 way circuit working before you fitted FGS223? Intermediate switches connected correctly.

You just have to work through these points

If you did use momentary they need to be in parallel between S1 and L

Edited by Jamie mccrostie

On 3/9/2017 at 7:23 AM, Jamie mccrostie said:

crafted original  

This is really helpful,

my 2 way light switch is labelled com, l1 and l2, how would they relate to the sketch?

• Inquirer
  • I know this is a really old post, but my electrician did get the two way switching working with momentary bell press mech, not latching switches. Sorry, don't have a diagram or anything, as the sparky did it all! The only thing he couldn't get working, was the little "LED indicator" in the switches - they only work at one end of the switches, not the other.

2 hours ago, eug2000 said:

I know this is a really old post, but my electrician did get the two way switching working with momentary bell press mech, not latching switches. Sorry, don't have a diagram or anything, as the sparky did it all! The only thing he couldn't get working, was the little "LED indicator" in the switches - they only work at one end of the switches, not the other.

You wont get those going with this set up.

On 9/22/2018 at 6:45 PM, Zaide said:

This is really helpful,

my 2 way light switch is labelled com, l1 and l2, how would they relate to the sketch?

Did you get these working. I would also like to know how this sketch relates to COM, L1 / L2?

On 3/16/2017 at 4:09 PM, wirefreeAU said:

Hi Eugene, Gents,

Cheers,

Arnulf

Good Morning fellow Fibaro installers. Just wondering if you managed to get the above wiring diagram configuration to work?

I have exactly the same set up wired into a house, switching lights without the FGS-223 works fine, but once the FGS-223 is installed i can't get the Intermediate lighting circuit to latch or trigger via the remote switches (works fine via the App)

I've tried changing Parameter 20 but have no luck.