Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to use a set temperature in the heating panel in scene?

Figlio

Question

Hi all,

How do I get te currently set temperature from a heating panel of a certain room to use in a scene?

I'm trying to do the following. I have a scene looping to switch the boiler on and off depending on the current temperature in a room. For each room I have a heating panel and a danfoss value on each radiator. I use this value to readout the currently set temperature (which is done through the heating panel). This works very fine. However, in my living room i have floor heating without a danfoss value. I like to also program different temperatures  using the heating panel but for that i need to get the set temperature from the panel instead of from the danfoss valve. How?

Hope someone can help me out... Any help is much appreciated!

6 answers to this question

Hi, I have a similar problem: how to know the current desired temperature (from heating panel setup) to adapt the speed of a heatpump to reach the setpoint in the correct amount of time ? I'd like to know the current setted temperature from the heating panel but do not find this variable accessible.

Any suggestion ?

thanks,

Marco

58 minutes ago, MarcoMocellin said:

Hi, I have a similar problem: how to know the current desired temperature (from heating panel setup) to adapt the speed of a heatpump to reach the setpoint in the correct amount of time ? I'd like to know the current setted temperature from the heating panel but do not find this variable accessible.

Any suggestion ?

thanks,

Marco

Cant you get this via API GET request?

try searching Tutorial introduction to API calls by @AutoFrank

Edited by Jamie mccrostie

I have a partially finished VD that might help, it gets the current temperature from the healing panel. 

See here and scroll down a bit:

There is some code in this VD which fetches the current temperature from the heating panel for a selected panel number.  It takes account of any manual or vacation overrides, in addition to the scheduled temperature.  Take a look in the main loop, and find the getPanelDetails function.  You can also find out the panel Id for a selected room number using the getDefaultZone function.

For use in a scene, then these are the two functions with the HTTP Get commands replaced with api.get. 

Please login or register to see this code.

Please login or register to see this code.

• Like 1