Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeon Multisensor Gen5 - Motion Sensor

mrtn

Question

Hi all

I have recently bought the Aeon Multisensor (Gen 5) and can't get the motion sensor to work. Once added, I get the temperature and lux being reported but the PIR doesn't seem to work.

Have any of you got the same issues?

Tested on 4.111 and 4.112 Betas

Edited by mrtn

8 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, mrtn said:

Hi all

I have recently bought the Aeon Multisensor (Gen 5) and can't get the motion sensor to work. Once added, I get the temperature and lux being reported but the PIR doesn't seem to work.

Have any of you got the same issues?

Tested on 4.111 and 4.112 Betas

Hi @mrtn

If it is the Multisensor6 (square one as opposed to round one)

I had a lot of problems getting these to include with all slaves (lux, temp, humidifty, etc)

See thread here for discussion - 

Please login or register to see this link.

for me there was no silver bullet except patience (lots of ) and time

The only silver lining for me that when one did include correctly, it seemed to work fine from there

-f

• Inquirer
  • Hi @AutoFrank

It's actually the round one... (previous version)

I've already got the square one which works okay but I am not entirely happy with its PIR's sensitivity so wanted to give the earlier model a go.

2 minutes ago, mrtn said:

Hi @AutoFrank

It's actually the round one... (previous version)

I've already got the square one which works okay but I am not entirely happy with its PIR's sensitivity so wanted to give the earlier model a go.

@mrtn

Sorry :-( can't help you with one

Hi i ve thesame problem with thesame sensor - still didn't figure out what is wrong with it - so i send to aeon to check it out

Hi @mrtn and @confesor,

please check bellow link:

This sensor is without template and Fibaro will not make one, but some of the parameters can be added manually and then it seems to work. I haven't check yet with mine.

Before adding parameters on advanced tab of the sensor remove tick for Use template for parameters then press save button and make sure that you wake up sensor. Then add parameters manually press again save button and then wake up sensor. That should do the trick.

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @mrtn and @confesor,

please check bellow link:

This sensor is without template and Fibaro will not make one, but some of the parameters can be added manually and then it seems to work. I haven't check yet with mine.

Before adding parameters on advanced tab of the sensor remove tick for Use template for parameters then press save button and make sure that you wake up sensor. Then add parameters manually press again save button and then wake up sensor. That should do the trick.

Hi @Sankotronic

Thanks for the info. I gave up on mine and sent it back - good old Amazon :-D

These settings work for me, and all the sensors  (Lux, Motion, Humidity & Temp) report. Give the a try

Please login or register to see this attachment.

i have 1 old Aeotec multisensor gen 5 and i want to check its temp but temperatur doesnt show temperature, please give me desired setting if manually add parameter needed then guide me.

Please login or register to see this attachment.