Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

My Setup (HW, SW, Scenes, VD, Map, etc)

AutoFrank

Question

Updated Aug 2018

Now that my setup is reaching an amount of stability and it is getting to where I want it I decided I would update my setup post and also structure it a bit better.
The core of my automation system if I exclude all the AV equipment is as follows

• HC2 runnnig 4.18. Approximately 102 z-wave devices and about 20 Sonoff wifi devices running Tasmota
  • RPi running sonos http-api and HA Bridge, RPi running Unifgi Controller, RPI running octpprint fro 3d printer control, SPC Gateway for Siemens Alarm integration
  • 4 IP cameras, 6 Echo Dots, 14 sonos zones, GC-100-12 for IR control over all media devices (TV, Media Sources, Projector,, etc), HDMI Matrix
  • Automatic  Dust collection system in garage (3d printed blast gates, limits switches with wemos D1 mini monitoring inputs and smart control switching of vacuum system)

Room setup

• I have the usual rooms across ground floor, first floor, garage and outside
  • I also have a section called System with the following rooms where i have all my scenes and VD's (more details on this below)
    • Control – manual control of house stuff, Settings – Where I can tweak the automation, Status – display various system status stuff, Automation – only used by other scenes/VD, Alexa – only used by Alexa
    • Development – stuff I’m working on

Critical Scenes and VD’s

• Main Scene – master scheduler & Hometable – used to track id’s of scenesm, VD’s and devices and custom icons
  • Timers + Sunset/Sunrise + weather courtesy of Sankotronic
  • SCVD Watchdog scene - monitors for error or stopped VD and restarts them, monitors for specific debug messages and clears them if required
  • Smart message Hub – used for main events that I want to know happen (alarm on/off, house modes, etc)
  • Multiple Data Loggers – used for background tasks that I can check if I need to (keep clutter out of message Hub)
  • Network device Monitors & State Table to track network devices status and system state information
  • Lights in critical areas are automated as well as music and media, the rest is manual when needed.
  • House modes can override automated settings (entertain mode changes behavior of garden, patios, bbq area lights) 
  •  

Some of what I have running is...

1. Morning audio greeting in our bedroom and the kids bedroom, weather, temp in house, time, etc  (our alarm clock!) 2.    After greeting it groups players, selects a radio station, checks if it's available and if not selects another one
  2. Starting music in the kids bedrooms for night time. I also check periodically if the radio station available and restarts the radio station or selects another one if not available. 
  3. Announcements for when fridges or freezers go over temp
  4. One button click for night, welcome back, leaving home (music, lights, TV, music adjustment + audible greeting ( time and temp of house on arrival) open zones on leaving, Zone Inihibit leaving and night options if windows are left open
  5. TV switch on in the playroom switches off the music, camera snapshops of front gates when they are opened/close
  6. Use of MP3 clips that systems uses instead of Polly TTS if internet is offline

... and the list goes on

System Overview

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by AutoFrank

Bravo! Good to see such an extensive and clean intro with support material linked in

Edited by 1152

• Inquirer
  • 56 minutes ago, 1152 said:

Bravo! Good to see such an extensive and clean intro with support material linked in

Thanks @1152

Hi @AutoFrank,

Nice and clean system with many nice capabilities you have. I just wonder what that Minion Dave is doing on your map? Oh, that's me! :) I'm so happy that I could contributed! I will do the same for my system.

• Inquirer
  • 27 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @AutoFrank,

Nice and clean system with many nice capabilities you have. I just wonder what that Minion Dave is doing on your map? Oh, that's me! :) I'm so happy that I could contributed! I will do the same for my system.

@Sankotronic

credit where credit is due and, not sure if you spotted but I also put you in the legend on the page... fitting I thought, as many people think you're a legend on the forum..  :-D:-D (terrible pun)

before you wrote the main scene, I had about 6 scenes that badly mimic'd about half the functionality you built in so you saved me a lot of hassle

I thought it might be helpful to show new users what is possible and that there is a lot of great solutions on the forum.

I can't wait to integrate the google calendar but I have some other important upgrade work to complete before I uncover that gem ;-)

Thanks for sharing this @AutoFrank...it's nice to see what other HC users are doing with their systems, to get some ideas for your own.

• Inquirer
  • Just now, Dave Harrison said:

Thanks for sharing this @AutoFrank...it's nice to see what other HC users are doing with their systems, to get some ideas for your own.

@Dave Harrison

Thanks, hopefully somebody else will also share and I'll get some ideas for mine :mrgreen:

BTW - really like the http code you have been sharing....

17 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

BTW - really like the http code you have been sharing....

Cheers! :-D

• Inquirer
  • Added screenshots of some of my VD's and how they are used in the system (direct interaction or through scenes or a mix)

@AutoFrank and the best thing is you always know where all your remotes are :mrgreen:

15 hours ago, AutoFrank said:
    • Kitchen TV - direct interaction (not used a lot)
    • Garage Control - direct interaction via a small 7" cheap table in garage and from my phone
    • Humidity Monitor - used by scenes only to turn on mirror demist and extractor fans
    • LAN Monitor (and WWWAPI Monitor) - used by scenes only
    • Landing Remote - direct interaction (needs some work)
    • Rack Control - mainly used by scenes to turn on/ff fans based on temp/prestentState/sleepState
    • Bed LE - not really used, will be deleted
    • Light Presets - used only by scenes (good density of control)
    • Alarm Control - used only by scenes
    • House Modes - direct interaction
    • Music Presets - used only by scenes (good density of control)
    • Gate Control - used by scenes and scene controller in hall
    • Media Presets - used by scenes ( being enhanced )

• Gate Control - used by scenes and scene controller in hall

The BEST :-)

• Inquirer
  • 28 minutes ago, rasiam said:

Really inspiring @AutoFrank, thanks for sharing. Just started on my own map, just 10 implemented bokses but a lot of future ones :) 

Thanks @rasiam

Can't wait to see what others are doing as well... 

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

And not one down the side of the couch

yep.... :mrgreen:

This might be bad form, but any pics of the house? Thats a seriously impressive amount of kit, you must have quite a house to keep it all in! 8-)

• Inquirer
  • 6 minutes ago, Cameleon said:

you must have quite a house to keep it all in!

Unfortunately not - I spent all the money on the smarts :-)

Its a little like this one....

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Just now, AutoFrank said:

Unfortunately not - I spent all the money on the smarts :-)

Its a little like this one....

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Ah all in the bunker then :mrgreen:

• Inquirer
  • Updated equipment list with new purchases

Added two pictures of the 2 small racks in our Utility room that holds all the centralised equipment

43 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

Updated equipment list with new purchases

Added two pictures of the 2 small racks in our Utility room that holds all the centralised equipment

Node 0 (zero) is always the money shot - nice 8-)

Like to live dangerous, with the waterpipes in your main cabinet ;)

I had that for years till I finally finished the cupboard most things are in....