Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

My Setup (HW, SW, Scenes, VD, Map, etc)

AutoFrank

Question

Updated Aug 2018

Now that my setup is reaching an amount of stability and it is getting to where I want it I decided I would update my setup post and also structure it a bit better.
The core of my automation system if I exclude all the AV equipment is as follows

• HC2 runnnig 4.18. Approximately 102 z-wave devices and about 20 Sonoff wifi devices running Tasmota
  • RPi running sonos http-api and HA Bridge, RPi running Unifgi Controller, RPI running octpprint fro 3d printer control, SPC Gateway for Siemens Alarm integration
  • 4 IP cameras, 6 Echo Dots, 14 sonos zones, GC-100-12 for IR control over all media devices (TV, Media Sources, Projector,, etc), HDMI Matrix
  • Automatic  Dust collection system in garage (3d printed blast gates, limits switches with wemos D1 mini monitoring inputs and smart control switching of vacuum system)

Room setup

• I have the usual rooms across ground floor, first floor, garage and outside
  • I also have a section called System with the following rooms where i have all my scenes and VD's (more details on this below)
    • Control – manual control of house stuff, Settings – Where I can tweak the automation, Status – display various system status stuff, Automation – only used by other scenes/VD, Alexa – only used by Alexa
    • Development – stuff I’m working on

Critical Scenes and VD’s

• Main Scene – master scheduler & Hometable – used to track id’s of scenesm, VD’s and devices and custom icons
  • Timers + Sunset/Sunrise + weather courtesy of Sankotronic
  • SCVD Watchdog scene - monitors for error or stopped VD and restarts them, monitors for specific debug messages and clears them if required
  • Smart message Hub – used for main events that I want to know happen (alarm on/off, house modes, etc)
  • Multiple Data Loggers – used for background tasks that I can check if I need to (keep clutter out of message Hub)
  • Network device Monitors & State Table to track network devices status and system state information
  • Lights in critical areas are automated as well as music and media, the rest is manual when needed.
  • House modes can override automated settings (entertain mode changes behavior of garden, patios, bbq area lights) 
  •  

Some of what I have running is...

1. Morning audio greeting in our bedroom and the kids bedroom, weather, temp in house, time, etc  (our alarm clock!) 2.    After greeting it groups players, selects a radio station, checks if it's available and if not selects another one
  2. Starting music in the kids bedrooms for night time. I also check periodically if the radio station available and restarts the radio station or selects another one if not available. 
  3. Announcements for when fridges or freezers go over temp
  4. One button click for night, welcome back, leaving home (music, lights, TV, music adjustment + audible greeting ( time and temp of house on arrival) open zones on leaving, Zone Inihibit leaving and night options if windows are left open
  5. TV switch on in the playroom switches off the music, camera snapshops of front gates when they are opened/close
  6. Use of MP3 clips that systems uses instead of Polly TTS if internet is offline

... and the list goes on

System Overview

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by AutoFrank

Good evening @AutoFrank,

I'd like to share a VD I just brewed in my "Mad Lab", maybe you have a use for it:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

And the VD: 

This comes from a: trying to declutter my GUI and b: a bit bored while my wife watches the daily soap;)

P.s. still in a very crude form. Thinking about what to add and if I should add more

Edited by jimicr
uploaded correct picture

• Inquirer
  • 6 minutes ago, jimicr said:

Good evening @AutoFrank,

I'd like to share a VD I just brewed in my "Mad Lab", maybe you have a use for it:

And the VD: 

This comes from a: trying to declutter my GUI and b: a bit bored while my wife watches the daily soap;)

Thanks @jimicr

Yep, I defo have a use for it.. :-)

Just noticed I upload a wrong png. One should be lux and the other temperatures. But my pc crashed trying to correct it...

Edited by jimicr

3 minutes ago, Bodyart said:

That's a nice one @jimicr

Thanks, corrected the png.

Any suggestions are welcome :) 

Hello,

could you share VD of Alarm Status?

Edited by oldman

• Inquirer
  • 54 minutes ago, oldman said:

Hello,

could you share VD of Alarm Status?

Hi @oldman, I just sent you pm

On 3/13/2017 at 6:33 PM, AutoFrank said:

Some of what I have running is...
    1.    Morning greeting in our bedroom and the kids bedroom, weather, temp in house, time, etc  (our alarm clock!) 
    2.    After greeting it groups players, selects a radio station, checks if it's available and if not selects another one
    3.    Starting music in the kids bedrooms for night time. I also check periodically if the radio station available and restarts the radio station or selects another one if not available. 
    4.    Announcements for when washer, dryer, dishwasher cycle finish, fridges/freezers/wine fridge (most important device   ) over temp or no power
    5.    Greeting when we arrive back (one button press) - time and temp of house and any queued announcements, music resumes in players that were playing 
    6.    TV switch on in the playroom switches off the music 
    7.    Scene triggered by @Sankotronic Main Scene that pauses all zones upstairs and ungroups then (a custom api call wrttten for me by the api developer) mid morning as part of shutdown
    8.    Leaving house (one button press) pauses all music and lets us know if it can set the alarm or what zones that prevent alarm setting
    9.    Good night (one button)  similar to Leaving home , pauses all audio except kids bedrooms and shuts everything off
    10.    If a rear sensor by the garage picks up somebody while the alarm is active it plays a very loud bark from the garage using an MP3. This only every happened to me :-) 
    11.    ... and the list goes on

Your home automation scripts and design is awesome!

I'd like to add some of your features to my own home.

Could you share with me how do you do the music/media control?

....pauses all music and lets us know if it can set the alarm or what zones that prevent alarm setting

...music resumes in players that were playing

...select specific playlist for each room or as an Alarm

...TV switch on in the playroom switches off the music  (TV control)

...Media Control: Apple TV... 

and also the "queued announcements," when you arrive back?

Thanks a lot in advance. Awesome work. ;)