Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Connection from Google Assistant to Fibaro HC

niekv

Are there plans to make a connection via Fibaro ID from Google Assistant to FIBARO HC? Would be very nice!

Regards Niek

only option right now that works with google home is the ha-bridge.  but you must have a physical google home or echo to use this bridge to control it.  there is a few users, myself included that use this.  this option allows you to use the echo and the google home to voice control lights, virtual devices and scenes.

Edited by matt1981
editional edits

• 4 months later...
On 3/17/2017 at 4:05 PM, matt1981 said:

only option right now that works with google home is the ha-bridge.  but you must have a physical google home or echo to use this bridge to control it.  there is a few users, myself included that use this.  this option allows you to use the echo and the google home to voice control lights, virtual devices and scenes.

I am having hard time pairing the Google home to the HA Bridge. DId you run into any issue? 

9 minutes ago, ashug987 said:

I am having hard time pairing the Google home to the HA Bridge. DId you run into any issue? 

No. I've had it and running for the last few months without any issues... When you use the older apk, it works only on the local network when you're setting it up... I'm currently on the most current version of the APK and again, I haven't run into any problems or issues. I'd suggest to just keep trying the connection process... 

Matt

suddenly stop working now.  Are you guy having any issue with google home with ha-bridge?  It was working but suddenly stop responding to ha-bridge device around 21-Jul.   It was very frustrating that until fibaro has no roadmap to google home.   i am exploring homeseer right now

On 7/25/2017 at 7:10 PM, [email protected] said:

suddenly stop working now.  Are you guy having any issue with google home with ha-bridge?  It was working but suddenly stop responding to ha-bridge device around 21-Jul.   It was very frustrating that until fibaro has no roadmap to google home.   i am exploring homeseer right now

try deleting all the cached data for the HA bridge and then start the HA bridge and try pairing. It worked for me.

You can run google home direct to Fibaro, by calling HTTP events using webhooks.  Not secure, so if you are going to use it, create a username and password on your HC2 which just has access to the single device you want to control, and then include this authentication information in the HTTP get command.

• 2 weeks later...