Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

cameras, cameras and more questions

AutoFrank

Question

Hi,

I have decided to tackle the cameras part of my setup and I'm looking for some help and maybe some guidance from some of the camera gurus.

I have spent the night reading the camera posts and unfortunately I am none the wiser :-(

I have decided to take the bold step and create a new post ;-)

I have 4 Trendnet

Please login or register to see this link.

dome cameras and they are hooked to my Synology NAS Surveillance station .. all the is working dandy 

.. but I have this cool HC2 that I'd like to make work a little more for its money...

I have the cameras added using the Hikvision Ds2cd2132i plugin. I understand the cameras are the same 'under the hood'

In the web UI using chrome I can't see the picture but if I switch to Firefox I can see the picture. The same happens if I go directly to the camera UI so I'm putting that down to some chrome extension that is not compatible.

This is the way I have them setup (hc2 settings and camera settings)

Please login or register to see this attachment.

JPG stream - Streaming/channels/102/Picture

MJPG stream - Streaming/channels/102/Preview

Ultimately I'd like to be able to detect motion in the area using my sensor and grab a snapshot but would like start small. 

I have not been able to get any tablet or phone to show the images either on my local LAN or remotely.

I have tried iPad2, iPad Air, Samsung Galaxy 4 (10" and 7"), Insignia Tablet (10-" android) or a galaxy S7 or S6 phones

Considering what I have and what I have treid could anybody offer a course of treatment I could try (besides throwing the camera in the bin)

Thanks in advance

-f

5 answers to this question

HI @AutoFrank,

Have a look at this site: 

Here you can find a great lot of settings of various camera's.

My experience is that there are a lot of different settings for the same brand of camera and a small detail like stream 101 or stream 1 can make a huge difference (That they will work or not).

Also have a good look at which stream(s) they supply, 1 stream or 2 streams; very often you have to change the sub-stream (Second-stream) to JPEG as the first stream is H.264 (which Fibaro can't handle). These substream / JPEG settings have to made on the CAM it selves.

Mostly it can be done but it needs some puzzling.....

And: A lot of users are waiting for Fibaro to introduce H.264 integration.....

• Inquirer
  • 5 minutes ago, TRicky said:

HI @AutoFrank,

Have a look at this site: 

Here you can find a great lot of settings of various camera's.

My experience is that there are a lot of different settings for the same brand of camera and a small detail like stream 101 or stream 1 can make a huge difference (That they will work or not).

Also have a good look at which stream(s) they supply, 1 stream or 2 streams; very often you have to change the sub-stream (Second-stream) to JPEG as the first stream is H.264 (which Fibaro can't handle). These substream / JPEG settings have to made on the CAM it selves.

Mostly it can be done but it needs some puzzling.....

And: A lot of users are waiting for Fibaro to introduce H.264 integration.....

@TRicky

Thanks, I'll take a look at the link and see if the camera supports 2 streams ...

More reading for me..

-f

• Inquirer
  • @TRicky

I found the substream but it's mjpg

Do you know if this will work with the hc2 

I assume i need to use a different url to setup the substream in the hc2 ? 

Thanks 

Hi @AutoFrank,

The Hikvision cam's I have are installed with the following parameters:
    JPG Stream path: Streaming/channels/102/picture
    MJPG Stream Path: Streaming/channels/102/httppreview
    The Hikvision plugin for this model wasn't available in the HC2 so I took a similar model of Hikvision.

Normally cam's use port 80 but for instance with a Foscam camera you have to use the second stream and that's normally on port 88.
    As example: 192.168.1.XXX:88
    Mostly when cam's have a H.264 or Onvif output it will be on the first stream (port 80) and mostly they will have a second stream
    which, if you're lucky, can be set to MJPG / MJPEG and mostly can be reached on port 88.
    These settings have to be altered in the menu of the cam it selves.
    If you set the first stream to a lower resolution like MJPG your Synology will also get a lower resolution, and that's what you never want!

Also: setting the frame rates too high will result in no pictures.
    I see you also have a Synology.... Referring to the settings in Surveillance Center is a good guide.
    In Surveillance Station you best use the first stream (H.264 or Onvif) and set the second stream to MJPG / MJPEG to be used by your HC2

And: Firefox is the best browser for camera streams, also with your NAS, since Chrome has stopped support for plugins :(
    Surveillance Station through Chrome disables your option to zoom in, Firefox doesn't.
    I have in my HC2 UI no live streaming but JPG snapshots but on my Mobile App they're streaming (an HC2 thingy....)
    And on my Synology App all (brands of) cam's are streaming perfectly

Added HC2 screenshot is for a Hikvision model DS-2CD2112-I
    and the plugin I used in my HC2 is for model DS2CD2132i
    It's mostly about the model number DS2CD21XX-X. The first 2 numbers of the model number are indicating the range (21 in my case)
    I also added a Surveillance Station Settings screenshot of the same Hikvision cam.

• Inquirer
  • 10 minutes ago, TRicky said:

Hi @AutoFrank,

The Hikvision cam's I have are installed with the following parameters:
    JPG Stream path: Streaming/channels/102/picture
    MJPG Stream Path: Streaming/channels/102/httppreview
    The Hikvision plugin for this model wasn't available in the HC2 so I took a similar model of Hikvision.

Normally cam's use port 80 but for instance with a Foscam camera you have to use the second stream and that's normally on port 88.
    As example: 192.168.1.XXX:88
    Mostly when cam's have a H.264 or Onvif output it will be on the first stream (port 80) and mostly they will have a second stream
    which, if you're lucky, can be set to MJPG / MJPEG and mostly can be reached on port 88.
    These settings have to be altered in the menu of the cam it selves.
    If you set the first stream to a lower resolution like MJPG your Synology will also get a lower resolution, and that's what you never want!

Also: setting the frame rates too high will result in no pictures.
    I see you also have a Synology.... Referring to the settings in Surveillance Center is a good guide.
    In Surveillance Station you best use the first stream (H.264 or Onvif) and set the second stream to MJPG / MJPEG to be used by your HC2

And: Firefox is the best browser for camera streams, also with your NAS, since Chrome has stopped support for plugins :(
    Surveillance Station through Chrome disables your option to zoom in, Firefox doesn't.
    I have in my HC2 UI no live streaming but JPG snapshots but on my Mobile App they're streaming (an HC2 thingy....)
    And on my Synology App all (brands of) cam's are streaming perfectly

Added HC2 screenshot is for a Hikvision model DS-2CD2112-I
    and the plugin I used in my HC2 is for model DS2CD2132i
    It's mostly about the model number DS2CD21XX-X. The first 2 numbers of the model number are indicating the range (21 in my case)
    I also added a Surveillance Station Settings screenshot of the same Hikvision cam.

Thanks @TRicky

I did some digging this evening and found a Fw update.  I tried it on one of my cameras and it gave me a second stream (mjpg). First stream is H.264.

The /1 and /2 streams seem to work okay and using these on hc2 Web ui under FF gave me a picture for the first time. :-D

Next step is to see if I get a pic on the iPad and android tablets and phones 

From what you say I could use the one for my nas and one for hc2 which would be perfect. 

I also seem to have some 'IR bleed' ( Blurry pic at night ) so I need to sort that out.

Thanks for the help

-f