Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SOLVED]FGS-223 - adding parameter ?

benjynet

Question

Hi Fibaro.

Is it possible to add a parameter "Always ON" like wall plug for each relay on this module ? Thanks a lot.

6 answers to this question

Due Z-Wave specification this option should be achieved without configuration parameter.

You can lock device state using CC Protection (local and remote), just use those:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Inquirer
  • Ok but it's impossible to do this for each relay, no ? Because in my case, i have a fan powered with one relay (i want "always on" for measuring power - first speed - It should not stop functioning) and the other one would allow to go on second speed.

Clearly, i would like one relay "Always on" and second relay "On/Off".

Thanks for reply :)

With CC Protection you can use Local or Remote protection only for whole device.

Unfortunately Z-Wave+ Specification forbid directly using CC Configuration to substitute any functionality which can be achieved by another Command Class (in this case - Protection).

If you are using this Switch only remotely you can turn ON first channel and then "disable" the device in the system - then it will be impossible to turn it off remotely. 

• Inquirer
  • Ok i can do this (it is remotely only) but if I "disable" the device, Is the power measurement still working and go up in the energy panel ?