Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

unwanted roller shutter movements

dancar

Question

Dear community,

I'm facing an issue with my roller shutters since the very beginning of the installation.

I have >9 roller shutters in my house + HC2+ 1 range extender + 12 thermovalves + dimmers + motion sensors

I have 2 roller shutters that for some strange reasons do the following:

- in my badroom from time to time close the blind completely (during the night, and usually in the same hours)

- in my kichen (near the HC2 location) close the blind completely during the afternoon (before the scene I made)

Indeed I have two scenes that are impacting blinds:.

scene 1) close bedrooms blinds + some others in the house at 9pm each day

scene 2) open the other blinds each day at 7am (excluding bedroom, since I open them maually when I wake up)

Guys, I'm really getting crazy why this is happening!

Any help?

6 hours ago, dancar said:

Dear community,

I'm facing an issue with my roller shutters since the very beginning of the installation.

I have >9 roller shutters in my house + HC2+ 1 range extender + 12 thermovalves + dimmers + motion sensors

- in my badroom from time to time close the blind completely (during the night, and usually in the same hours)

- in my kichen (near the HC2 location) close the blind completely during the afternoon (before the scene I made)

scene 2) open the other blinds each day at 7am (excluding bedroom, since I open them maually when I wake up)

Any help?

Hi @dancar

If you want help ;-)you might have to copy and paste the scenes here for people to see whats going on.

• Inquirer
  • Here below the very simple scenes I made:

OPEN BLINDS (I made by using graphic blocks), I copy paste here the converted LUA code if may help:

Please login or register to see this code.

CLOSE BLINDS (I made it by using graphic blocks as well).  LUA code:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Inquirer
  •  

roller shutter ID of my Bedroom: 79

roller shutter ID of my kitchen: 42

forgot to mention there's a 3rd scene that is closing other blinds (where ID 42 is) at a different time:

CLOSE BLINDS KITCHEN 

Edited by dancar

10 hours ago, dancar said:

Dear community,

Any help?

Have you checked what your event panel says when blinds close at unschedualed times?

• Inquirer
  • 1 minute ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

Have you checked what your event panel says when blinds close at unschedualed times?

If I'm not wrong it does track the movement. But not sure 100% if it does all the times. Have to check again regularly when it happen.

22 minutes ago, dancar said:

If I'm not wrong it does track the movement. But not sure 100% if it does all the times. Have to check again regularly when it happen.

Is the fibaro blind controller behind the wall switch or are they a distance apart?

Does it definitly happen  at the same time of day?

Do you dont think mabe a faulty wall switch could be causing it? Or is it  multible blind controlers moving ?

Does the wall switch feel positive when you switch it?

Edited by Jamie mccrostie

• Inquirer
  • 4 minutes ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

Is the fibaro blind controller behind the wall switch or are they a distance apart?

Does it definitly happen  at the same time of day?

Do you dont think mabe a faulty wall switch could be causing it? Or is it  multible blind controlers moving ?

Does the wall switch feel positive when you switch it?

the blind controllers are close to the blinds almost in all windows. Not enough space in the switch box. 

Usually it happen same time of day, but not every day!

The wall switches of my house are all new. Wondering how can I check a fault if they are working properly. I don't have multiple blind controllers. Each blind has its own controller and switch.

The wall switch appears to feel positive whenever I switch it. But I didn't focuse in the past days on how "positive" the feel is. :)

6 minutes ago, dancar said:

the blind controllers are close to the blinds almost in all windows. Not enough space in the switch box. 

Usually it happen same time of day, but not every day!

The wall switches of my house are all new. Wondering how can I check a fault if they are working properly. I don't have multiple blind controllers. Each blind has its own controller and switch.

The wall switch appears to feel positive whenever I switch it. But I didn't focuse in the past days on how "positive" the feel is. :)

Yes sorry if they are new switches they should be ok thought they might be old.

Are the switches close to the controllers?

May be try turning scenes off for a day and see if it still happens 

And or tracking  thru event panel timming To see if theres a patten.

• Inquirer
  • 3 minutes ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

Yes sorry if they are new switches they should be ok thought they might be old.

Are the switches close to the controllers?

May be try turning scenes off for a day and see if it still happens 

And or tracking  thru event panel timming To see if theres a patten.

ID79 is far away from the controller, but there's a zwave extender supporting it.

ID42 is very close to the controller. 

I'm still wondering why these two and if there's somehow any relationship with the scenes. I'll try to turn off the scenes for a week to see if happening again.

7 minutes ago, dancar said:

ID79 is far away from the controller, but there's a zwave extender supporting it.

ID42 is very close to the controller. 

I'm still wondering why these two and if there's somehow any relationship with the scenes. I'll try to turn off the scenes for a week to see if happening again.

Sorry when I say controller not HC

the blind controller

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

Sorry when I say controller not HC

the blind controller

in that case the swithes are 1,5m away from the controller

• Inquirer
  • dear all,

after one week monitoring I realized that there's a strange interference among 3 roller shutter devices.

roller shutter A in my guest room

roller shutter B in my bedroom (far from HC2 with a zwave repeater located in the guest room)

roller shutter C in my kitchen (close to HC2)

Whenever I push the button of roller shutter A, I trigger B and C movement on the same direction. Like having the 3 devices associated! Can anyone help my why this is happening? Some configuration problem?

This is not happening if I use the Fibaro to change blind position of A. Only by pressing the button. Something related to the range extender?

thanks

12 minutes ago, dancar said:

dear all,

after one week monitoring I realized that there's a strange interference among 3 roller shutter devices.

roller shutter A in my guest room

roller shutter B in my bedroom (far from HC2 with a zwave repeater located in the guest room)

roller shutter C in my kitchen (close to HC2)

Whenever I push the button of roller shutter A, I trigger B and C movement on the same direction. Like having the 3 devices associated! Can anyone help my why this is happening? Some configuration problem?

This is not happening if I use the Fibaro to change blind position of A. Only by pressing the button. Something related to the range extender?

thanks

You could reset blind controllers to default settings in patameters

go through the associations for those three devices and make sure nothings ticked.

did you leave the scenes off for the week?

You would think if associated they would go down with down button too

• Inquirer
  • On 22/3/2017 at 8:32 AM, Jamie mccrostie said:

You could reset blind controllers to default settings in patameters

go through the associations for those three devices and make sure nothings ticked.

did you leave the scenes off for the week?

You would think if associated they would go down with down button too

I didn't leave the scene off during the week. I convinced that the issue is on this strange "unwanted" association. I checked and there is nothing ticked in the association table. I just reconfigured the device remotely. I'll check this evening when back at home. 

This is an interesting thread -- I've been dealing with the same problem with the Somfy Z-Wave shutter controllers. Three different locations, 3 different HC2 setups. 

Welcome to the ghost who controls your house !

I have a lot of roller shuttters and from time to time one would close or open by itself.  Not the same, not at the same time, not everyday. Have no idea what's causing this behavior as the event panel doesn't show what triggered that movement. It just like a "ghost" command. 

In the same category there are some Fibaro wall plugs that randomly turn off. 

I really like to help you, but for more than a year my 6 roller shutters modules just working fine. They are two together in one switch box. Actually one likes to loose calibration after power failure and that is probably due to some faulty circuit inside module itself but after recalibration it works just fine! Luckily we don't have so much power failures in village where I live.

But during this last year, I had some action from them opening blinds at midnight or closing them at the noon, but at the end it was always some bug in my scenes  So fortunately no ghosts at all but just me and my LUA learning. :) 

Still, if you know how, maybe you should check associations if there are some that you forget about. Also this graphic or block scenes seems to me that are maybe easy to build, but that is exactly their disadvantage. If you have HC2 then invest some time to understand LUA and you will have very capable home automation with some "ghosts" in the beginning but they will despair as you progress in LUA learning. If you don't want to learn LUA, that's ok, because here on this forum there are some users that are trying to build some decent automation scripts for those users that like more easy way :) 

• Inquirer
  • after one week monitoring, my ghosts disappeared. I narrow down the blind that was triggering the unwanted movement, I simply reconfigured it from scratch. Now my 9 roller shutters are finally independent. Hope this may help other people in the same situation. 

Thx!!

3 hours ago, dancar said:

after one week monitoring, my ghosts disappeared. I narrow down the blind that was triggering the unwanted movement, I simply reconfigured it from scratch. Now my 9 roller shutters are finally independent. Hope this may help other people in the same situation. 

Thx!!

Cool, just a process of elimination.