Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

unwanted roller shutter movements

dancar

Question

Dear community,

I'm facing an issue with my roller shutters since the very beginning of the installation.

I have >9 roller shutters in my house + HC2+ 1 range extender + 12 thermovalves + dimmers + motion sensors

I have 2 roller shutters that for some strange reasons do the following:

- in my badroom from time to time close the blind completely (during the night, and usually in the same hours)

- in my kichen (near the HC2 location) close the blind completely during the afternoon (before the scene I made)

Indeed I have two scenes that are impacting blinds:.

scene 1) close bedrooms blinds + some others in the house at 9pm each day

scene 2) open the other blinds each day at 7am (excluding bedroom, since I open them maually when I wake up)

Guys, I'm really getting crazy why this is happening!

Any help?

Hi.

I'll try to revamp this thread with my experience. I'm using multiple roller shutters (various generations), for controlling window rollers and garage doors.

I already had two separate cases when one garage door or another, just opened by themselves in the middle of the night. I wouldn't make such a big fuss about it if this would happen to the windows.

But for the garage, where I already have installed quite some sensitive and expensive devices, this is already a security topic. 

Some relevant details: all rollers are set to ignore alarms (there was anyway no temperature spike in those cases), there are no scenes set and running for any of the garage doors.

So....was anyone able to get to bottom of this? Or if there any workarounds to correct this? Maybe to set a scene that checks the status combined with another trigger (hour of the day, alarm set, etc) to close the doors?

thanks

• Inquirer
  • On 1/22/2021 at 1:35 PM, cristimv said:

Hi.

I'll try to revamp this thread with my experience. I'm using multiple roller shutters (various generations), for controlling window rollers and garage doors.

I already had two separate cases when one garage door or another, just opened by themselves in the middle of the night. I wouldn't make such a big fuss about it if this would happen to the windows.

But for the garage, where I already have installed quite some sensitive and expensive devices, this is already a security topic. 

Some relevant details: all rollers are set to ignore alarms (there was anyway no temperature spike in those cases), there are no scenes set and running for any of the garage doors.

So....was anyone able to get to bottom of this? Or if there any workarounds to correct this? Maybe to set a scene that checks the status combined with another trigger (hour of the day, alarm set, etc) to close the doors?

thanks

I have still this issue since 2017. Never found a way to solve it. And I changed several HC FW...