Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

(SOLVED) Danfoss LC13 device is not awake, transmit failed

Guest Lode

Question

Guest Lode

One of my Danfoss LC 13 valves says at regulary base "Device is not awake", "Transmit failed".

It works fine in the heating panel and also manually no problems.

Any ideas ?

I changed the batteries already without success.....

Edited by Lode

19 answers to this question

I had the same problem, i chance the wakeup time to 900 and the problem was solved. 

Maybe its works for you to.

Guest Lode
  • Inquirer
  • 3 hours ago, Reinhold said:

I had the same problem, i chance the wakeup time to 900 and the problem was solved. 

Maybe its works for you to.

@Reinhold

Thx for your reply.

Wakeup time is 900 but i will try another value.

After I saw your post I have started watching mine and then had a look at configuration.

The association on mine is missing. Should have one association group.

1 Target for Wake Up and Override Notifications (max. nodes in group: 1) should == hc2

I tried remove and re-add of one of my nodes and no luck. Looks like a possible issue.

ahh

manual has issues

Command Classes
    Supported Command Classes
    Battery (version 1)
    Clock (version 1)
    Thermostat Setpoint (version 2)
    Wake Up (version 2)
    Version (version 1)
    Climate Control Schedule (version 1)
    Multi Command Encapsulated (version 1)
    Manufacturer Specific (version 1)
    Protection (version 2)

but does not admit it support association though a paragraph earlier it supports one class????

and then it says it is a routing slave (odd for a battery device but then says it does not route.

Technical Data
    Battery Type 2 * AA
    Explorer Frame Support No
    SDK
    Device Type Slave with routing capabilities
    Generic Device Class Thermostat
    Specific Device Class Setpoint Thermostat
    Routing No
    FLiRS No
    Firmware Version 3.48

will have a play and report back

Guest Lode
  • Inquirer
  • @robmac Odd.....no associations here.

@Reinhold Guess what...... i just added a random value (750) and it works :-D Thx a lot !

Edited by Lode

understand now but think there is an  issue in fibaro template. routing true should be routing false

@robmac "routing slave" is typical for battery devices. Sometimes called "Slave with routing capabilities" which sounds easier to me. It means that the device can USE routes to reach it's destination. But it cannot route messages for other devices.

Regarding association... I suppose you mean that the wake-up command has a notificationNodeId. You see that in the advanced logging? I think this device has no ordinary associations and wake-up should be set to your primary ID at inclusion time. I'm pretty sure this information is not available in the web interface. I have a spare LC12, I can include it to see if it does(n't) get the right setup. Please let me know if this is useful...

1 hour ago, Lode said:

@robmac Odd.....no associations here.

@Reinhold Guess what...... i just added a random value (750) and it works :-D Thx a lot !   

I got this advice, and I remember it quite well, it was concerning my first LC12 issues. Support advised to set a different wake-up time per thermostat. A 10 second difference should do the trick. So start at 890 then 880, 870 and so on. This recommendation was repeated to me about a month ago. I suppose that these things get synchronised in some way and have collisions, causing al sorts of trouble. But I don't know the exact reason behind this advice. Does it help? I'm implementing it right now :-)

Guest Lode
  • Inquirer
  • @petergebruers

I changed the value of that one device that was giving me that problem and i didn't noticed it anymore.

So it does help. Why ? No clue.....

10 hours ago, petergebruers said:

@robmac "routing slave" is typical for battery devices. Sometimes called "Slave with routing capabilities" which sounds easier to me. It means that the device can USE routes to reach it's destination. But it cannot route messages for other devices.

Regarding association... I suppose you mean that the wake-up command has a notificationNodeId. You see that in the advanced logging? I think this device has no ordinary associations and wake-up should be set to your primary ID at inclusion time. I'm pretty sure this information is not available in the web interface. I have a spare LC12, I can include it to see if it does(n't) get the right setup. Please let me know if this is useful...

I got this advice, and I remember it quite well, it was concerning my first LC12 issues. Support advised to set a different wake-up time per thermostat. A 10 second difference should do the trick. So start at 890 then 880, 870 and so on. This recommendation was repeated to me about a month ago. I suppose that these things get synchronised in some way and have collisions, causing al sorts of trouble. But I don't know the exact reason behind this advice. Does it help? I'm implementing it right now :-)

Hi @petergebruers

Sorry my post was not clear issue is that manual says clearly that device is a routing slave but does not support routing but fibaro template says it does?

Please login or register to see this code.

<routing>true</routing> should be 
            <routing>false</routing>

also the device is a slave but supports association. That is a funny. Fibaro has no way to check if this is set.

and hopefully this could also include HC2

"Make sure to use Danfoss Living connects only with Z-Wave controllers fully implementing all battery life time extention methods recommended by Danfoss. All controllers based on Z-Wave.Me software (e.g. RaZberry) fully support these methods."

Edited by robmac

Guest Lode
  • Inquirer
  • From the manual :

In order to ensure proper routing with battery operated devices, the controller must support SUC.

and while the valve device uses a custom class the base class is the fibaro base and type of the master is com.fibaro.zwaveDevice so unless the routing is overridden and cancelled in the lower class is it possible HC2 might think it can route?

Please login or register to see this code.

36 minutes ago, robmac said:

(...)   <routing>true</routing> should be 
            <routing>false</routing>

also the device is a slave but supports association. That is a funny. Fibaro has no way to check if this is set.

Regarding routing: I'm pretty certain that an LC12 doesn't do routing so routing should be false, I agree... Or maybe its routing is just really bad. But I read somewhere the LC13 is OK. I once owned a device that REALLY didn't do routing: an Everspring "AD142 Dimmer Plug". I sent it back ;-)

Regarding association: I have one LC12 that's not included right now. I can include it on a recent version of Z-Way, that system may reveal information that Fibaro hides. Maybe this evening. Let me know if you're interested.

37 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

Regarding routing: I'm pretty certain that an LC12 doesn't do routing so routing should be false, I agree... Or maybe its routing is just really bad. But I read somewhere the LC13 is OK. I once owned a device that REALLY didn't do routing: an Everspring "AD142 Dimmer Plug". I sent it back ;-)

Regarding association: I have one LC12 that's not included right now. I can include it on a recent version of Z-Way, that system may reveal information that Fibaro hides. Maybe this evening. Let me know if you're interested.

interested . I gave my r***zp to my brother so can not have a look.

This does feel like reliving a few years back. I certainly remember playing these games with these before. I thought Danfoss was all good on LC13 but it does look like the new template style might have taken us backwards?

Hopefully just a reconfiguration and all fixed.

Edited by robmac

Guest Lode
  • Inquirer
  • I've been reading somewhere (don't know where anymore) that the Danfoss thermostats MUST have a direct connection with the controller.

So no routing ?

17 minutes ago, Lode said:

I've been reading somewhere (don't know where anymore) that the Danfoss thermostats MUST have a direct connection with the controller.

So no routing ?

I got this from other forums & from support:

• LC12 do not route for more than one hop - because they are using old SDK.
    • LC13 is a lot better than LC12, but there is one problem with them - there are two versions (1.0 and 1.1), 1.0 has an issue, when E5 error appear it won't quit this state even if communication will be restored - using "LI" function from menu won't work too. Only way to get rid of it is to remove batteries and insert them again.

That's information from July 2015. Since then, Danfoss has been preparing a Z-Wave Plus version (no kidding). When they release it, quite possible that happens this year, I'll buy 2 to replace my oldest LC12. Those LC12 will serve on radiators that I don't care about. This reflects my appreciation of the LC12s, doesn't it? I don't want LC13 because it does not have firmware update capability. It doesn't guarantee that they will ever release an update, but not having OTA capability means no updates... That's how I see it.

Does this clear up some possible confusion about routing versus non-routing and direct connection?

I replaced my LC12 a few years ago and have a mix of LC13 1.1 and older versions. The confusion is the latest lc13 manual says non routing. But who knows if Danfoss's own manual has error or not.

I think it is the manual and a translation by fibaro

from z-wave alliance 

Please login or register to see this link.

<Supports_NWI>true</Supports_NWI>
      <Supports_Explorer>true</Supports_Explorer>
      <is_FLiRS>false</is_FLiRS>

so if fibrao routing =   <Supports_Explorer> then all is good and it is just mixed up terminology and a bad manual.

Edited by robmac

Guest Lode
  • Inquirer
  • As long as they're doing their job i'm fine whit that :mrgreen::mrgreen:

do not mix routing with routing :)

Both LC12 and LC13 support routing (they are routing slaves), but both does not support listening mode(flag) so nothing will get routed / repeated via these thermostats

Please login or register to see this attachment.

On ‎18‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 3:30 PM, Lode said:

One of my Danfoss LC 13 valves says at regulary base "Device is not awake", "Transmit failed".

It works fine in the heating panel and also manually no problems.

Any ideas ?

I changed the batteries already without success.....

see here, it seems that Danfoss is entering sleep mode too fast (in some case), so the controller have to retransmit again, but it looks that the communication is still working

On 19-3-2017 at 0:18 PM, petergebruers said:

(...)

So, that went really bad. I wanted to check the rear NTC of my spare LC12 and when I put it back together, I ripped of the connector to the motor. I'm an idiot, I have assembled these LC a few times, lack of sleep probably! It seems really difficult to repair now... Maybe I'm not even going to try because... Well... I'll replace my LC12 with the Z-Wave plus version when it's available anyway.

But I thought of something... I saw this in Z-Way but not in HC: wake-up setting command has two parameters. The first, we all know, is "time in seconds". The second, hidden by Fibaro, is "device ID". I didn't test it but it makes sense that the wake up is *directed to one of your controllers". So if you have a secondary, you can actually ask that the device sends wake up that *that* controller and not just a fixed ID (or the first ID). Maybe that is what you saw somewhere mentioned as "association of a LC".

I think the open-zwave code confirms my idea: a "WakeUpCmd_IntervalSet" command consists of a 3 bytes of "interval" (interesting to know, wake up is a 24 bit number. It had to be, because 1 day = 86400 seconds doesn't fit 2 bytes.) and then a byte set to "GetControllerNodeId()". Your first controller will be node 1, but they (correctly) assume it can be another ID...