Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dimmer 211 and chandelier with 6 bulbs

plutonium

Question

Hi forum,

I need small help from you. In living room I have chandelier with 6 bulbs (dimmable LED) connected on Fibaro Dimmer 211.

When I switch off lights, one bulb remains to illuminate. (look at the picture) If I remove that bulb, other one starts to shine...if I remove second, third will shine and so on...

Do you have any suggestion what can I do about it?

Maybe bypass ?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by plutonium

8 answers to this question

3 hours ago, plutonium said:

Hi forum,

I need small help from you. In living room I have chandelier with 6 bulbs (dimmable LED) connected on Fibaro Dimmer 211.

When I switch off lights, one bulb remains to illuminate. (look at the picture) If I remove that bulb, other one starts to shine...if I remove second, third will shine and so on...

Do you have any suggestion what can I do about it?

Maybe bypass ?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Proberly bypass.

211 manual says min load 25w

What wattage are the lamps?

Edited by Jamie mccrostie

Hi @plutonium

Well, my dimmers 2 control nicely one LED of 6.5 W to group of 7 LED with total power of 60 W, all LED dimmable. But most of them are 3 wire connection. So, my question to you: is this dimmer connected in 2 or 3 wire system? If it is connected in 2 wire system then bypass can really help even total power is 36 W. Or you need to calibrate it again and then play with parameters until it is ok.

1 hour ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @plutonium

Well, my dimmers 2 control nicely one LED of 6.5 W to group of 7 LED with total power of 60 W, all LED dimmable. But most of them are 3 wire connection. So, my question to you: is this dimmer connected in 2 or 3 wire system? If it is connected in 2 wire system then bypass can really help even total power is 36 W. Or you need to calibrate it again and then play with parameters until it is ok.

I agree. But @plutonium says he has dimmer 1. So he does not have calibration. That version also exhibits higher leakage, both in 2 and 3 wire setup. I'm 99% sure that bypass 1 helps in thise case, I've got one :-)

Please make sure it's the right version: dimmer 1 -> bypass 1 and dimmer 2 -> bypass 2. They are not compatible.

1 hour ago, petergebruers said:

I agree. But @plutonium says he has dimmer 1. So he does not have calibration. That version also exhibits higher leakage, both in 2 and 3 wire setup. I'm 99% sure that bypass 1 helps in thise case, I've got one :-)

Please make sure it's the right version: dimmer 1 -> bypass 1 and dimmer 2 -> bypass 2. They are not compatible.

@petergebruers, you are right. I should read more carefully. 

@plutonium, I have one bypass 1 that I have no use for, so if you need it I can send it to you just send me PM.

19 hours ago, plutonium said:

6W each. Total 36W.

Also are the lamps mains voltage or is there a transformer in the base of fitting?, If transformer is that marked as dimmable?

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".