Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Inconsistency of Swipe

jamietang

I'm having problem with my Swipe, my swipe is connected to USB power and pasted on the wall.

I have set Fibaro swipe to:
swipe up = run a scene that turn on 3 lights in sequence, I add 1 sec delay in between each

swipe down = same with above but turning off all 3 lights

it supposed to turn on lights 1, then lights 2 after 1 sec, and lights 3 2 sec later.

The problem is that, it is not consistent enough, sometimes it works fine, but sometimes, it will turn on lights 1, then after 2 sec turn on both together. that's fine.
sometimes it will turn on 1&2 as normaly, but it takes 10 sec to turn on lights 3, or even not turning it on at all.

I've also tried it without the delay, but it's total mess, the delay somehow make it more predictable

anyone face this problem before? I've tried to move the controller nearer to the Swipe, it does helps where the lights will turn on faster, but doesnt solve that issue.

Hi @jamietang,

All that Swipe does is trigger scene. Scene is then responsible to turn on or off lights with delay. So what type of scene do you use to turn on/off lights with swipe? Is it LUA, Magic or Block scene? With what type of modules you control those lights, switch, dimmer or something else? Can you post your scene here?

Did you notice delays on other actors? Do you have any dead nodes, devices that are shown with grey X on interface?

I have Swipe that is powered with USB and it is working flawlessly. I can say that it has 90% successful swipes.

• Topic Author
  • 16 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @jamietang,

All that Swipe does is trigger scene. Scene is then responsible to turn on or off lights with delay. So what type of scene do you use to turn on/off lights with swipe? Is it LUA, Magic or Block scene? With what type of modules you control those lights, switch, dimmer or something else? Can you post your scene here?

Did you notice delays on other actors? Do you have any dead nodes, devices that are shown with grey X on interface?

I have Swipe that is powered with USB and it is working flawlessly. I can say that it has 90% successful swipes.

I'm using a block scene to control, fibaro double switches, Fibaro roller shutter 2. Attached with one of the scene, others is similar just different device

Generally they work well, maybe 90% of the time, but client wont accept 90% successful swipes, if it fails 1 time out of 100 it is a failure to them.

Client just complain another more serious issue, they claimed that the swipe triggered "swipe left" scene on it's own while nobody is near the Swipe. Anyone knows if Swipe can be trigger by insect such as fly or beetle? I tried using 1 finger and it does work, makes me thinking whether small animal will be able to trigger Swipe if they are close enough.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Swipe rodant :mrgreen: just another form of automation

Sorry i shouldnt make fun of your issue. Painful if you install something and it doesnt work.

Ive stayed clear of swipe had something similar on a past tv, way too much of a gimmick.