Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

amatt

Question

Does anyone know of a way that when someone rings your doorbell and you are watching tv that it will display a live view on your tv of your ip camera located at your doorstep?

13 answers to this question

somehow, when you have an network receiver, like the denon 4100 type... you can sent a command to the receiver what switch the input where the camera is been connected to it. 

You will need a 3rd party controller like URC, RTI, or similar use it to send http command to control av receiver, tv or display to camera input. otherwise use ircache however i have not tried this. 

you can see here. we used RTI to paused movie then switch input to cameras, also turn lights on

Edited by Matt654

2 hours ago, Matt654 said:

You will need a 3rd party controller like URC, RTI, or similar use it to send http command to control av receiver, tv or display to camera input. otherwise use ircache however i have not tried this. 

you can see here. we used RTI to paused movie then switch input to cameras, also turn lights on

Nice RTI sollution.

We use Control4 for that.

I have Denon AVR-X4100W to switch source to AUX2 (cameras) when someone push the door bell. Then shows me on tv live picture of selected camera (Entrance cam) on Hikvision DVR/NVR via HDMI cable connected to Denon AVR....

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by ggrizliv

I have the opposite issue.  The security door in the apartment complex has a TV channel dedicated to the front door downstairs which comes through via the aerial cable.  I have used a HDHomeRun Connect which have used take the TV feed onto the Intranet which can be viewed as an MPEG file..for example... http://192.168.0.19:5004/auto/v20.mpeg, but I'd like to see this as a "camera" in Fibaro.  I have tried using that address as the MPEG path in the standard Camera virtual device without success.  Does anyone have any ideas?  thanks

This is easily achieved with Kodi (formerly XBMC), see below screen shot from my TV when someone comes to my door:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I also have cameras pop up when a vehicle enters my property from any gate and also as a baby monitor on movement in the children's rooms at night.

If you don't mind getting your hands a little dirty Kodi can add an entirely new layer to you HA system.

Check out this post to find out more: 

Thanks @Robert Folbigg

I'll add that to my "winter" project list :-) as it'll be a good one to get stuck  in when the night close and the rain is hammering outside

1 hour ago, AutoFrank said:

Thanks @Robert Folbigg

I'll add that to my "winter" project list :-) as it'll be a good one to get stuck  in when the night close and the rain is hammering outside

No Problem @AutoFrank,

let me me know if you want any advice, it took me around 2 weeks of tinkering to get my setup going smoothly with Live TV, PVR, Plex, Netflix, Netflix PVR, HC2 device control and HC2 camera pop.

It was definitely worth doing though as I can now watch all my movies and streaming services plus control my home from the one interface on all of my screens.

FYI I am using Raspberry Pi's on my screens and a virtual windows 7 PVR backend with 8 tuners installed. This windows box serves up media and live TV to 8 screens in my home.

On 15-7-2017 at 7:14 PM, ggrizliv said:

I have Denon AVR-X4100W to switch source to AUX2 (cameras) when someone push the door bell.

How is the doorbel connected to the Denon?

RVELTHOEN: I have Urmet audio doorphone, so when someone push my doorbell button, doorphone ring and fired up my fibaro relay. And then I have a scene, when relay is on, DENON switch to my AUX2 source (cameras) for 20 seconds, and then switch back to primary source. On Denon AUX2 source I have DVR/NVR recorder connected, so i see live camera stream on TV.  I have no TV with PictureInPicture function yet like Robert Folbigg on his picture :(

Edited by ggrizliv

Nice, i have a scene starting when somebody presses my doorbel and mail me a screenshot, but my cams are IP cams, so no HDMI output.

So i can not make that, but thanks for the explanation of your setup.

I have both IP (3x - 3Mpx) and CVI (2x - 2Mpx & 1x - 3Mpx) cameras on DVR/NVR recorder. Yes, when I watch TV, when is doorbell pushed i get live picture on tv, but when I'm away from home, I get picture screenshot from my entrance camera to my iphone :) And works great.

Edited by ggrizliv