Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HomeKit Fibaro flood sensor config

Henriksen

Question

I bought the HomeKit Flood sensor but starting to regret. 

1. Functionality is not the same as Z-wave version. Can not be wireless powered.

2. I need to configure the tamper function to off. The manual states that you can but the app doesn't? The Only thing the manual states is use a compatible app! If I don't solve this I can't use the device...

Any ideas?

6 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Henriksen said:

1. Functionality is not the same as Z-wave version. Can not be wireless powered.

2. I need to configure the tamper function to off. The manual states that you can but the app doesn't? The Only thing the manual states is use a compatible app! If I don't solve this I can't use the device...

Any ideas?

1. What d you mean by "Cannot be wireless powered". It is powered in same way like Z-Wave version (except wired connection 12/24V). With battery CR123A. Wireless or non-battery powered is mostly Enocean technology.
  2. I will play with D/W sensor. It came for warranty. I will try to find out, where i can change parameters.

• Inquirer
  • Good thing you saw my typo. I ment wired connection, my use is intended in the engine room of my boat and 12V connection would be great.

Much appreciated if you find out how to turn off tampering.

8 hours ago, Henriksen said:

Good thing you saw my typo. I ment wired connection, my use is intended in the engine room of my boat and 12V connection would be great.

Much appreciated if you find out how to turn off tampering.

So, i find a problem, i did not find any parameters to set. I tried Home app and Fibaro app either, but i did not found anywhere where to set parameters. I used iPad and tried to dig it out. Unfortunately without success. I did not tried AppleTV though, maybe there is some settings hidden.

@T.Konopka Where can we find parameters settings in Fibaro app for homekit devices?

Hello,

HomeKit Flood Sensor is only battery powered. One cannot power it with external power source.
    At the moment, it is not possible to change parameters in a HK device. We are planning to release updates for devices and the app, but there is no expected date of release.

• Inquirer
  • Thank you for quick response! Only too bad Fibaro claimes to have functionality or doesn't say before you purchase the product. According to the manual for this device you can set parameters, which basically is a lie. This is regrettably not the first time for Fibaro. I really like Fibaros concept, ideas and design. 

I am stuck with a product that doesn't meet requirements...