Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Thanks Fibaro Support

AutoFrank

Question

Hi Admin and Support Team,

Poitr from the support team worked on my HC2 today helping me get rid of some unwanted devices.

It was arranged earlier in the week and clear instructions given for me to prepare the system for access

I just wanted to extend my thanks for an excellent tech support service

Keep up the great work

-f

4 answers to this question

Credit where credit’s due. Long time since I had to resort to support. Which brings me to my question: Why would/should we have to get help to something as rudimentary as it should be to get rid of unwanted devices? Any lessons learned that you would care to share?

• Inquirer
  • 14 minutes ago, 1152 said:

Credit where credit’s due. Long time since I had to resort to support. Which brings me to my question: Why would/should we have to get help to something as rudimentary as it should be to get rid of unwanted devices? Any lessons learned that you would care to share?

@1152

Good question 

My issue stemmed from 2 problems.

1 ) I installed the DSC Alarm Plugin and it created 64 devices, the uninstall didn't seem to work.

2) I had a lot of issues including the Aeotec MS6 and as I was working with 15 of them I had a lot of 'debris' afterwards. Part of it was an issue including the MS6 and the HC2 which TBH I never got to the root of it and partly was my impatience as I was trying to understand the problem and get the devices working.

Did they say why you can't uninstall alarm plugins. I had the same problem with a different alarm system