Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Plug-ins

fastie81

Hi,

We had another version of the HC2, and I would like to know when plug-in will be made available again?

I keep installing my plugin but keep losing them after an update. I would like to make it permanent. 

Any Timelines will be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Chris

3 minutes ago, fastie81 said:

Hi,

We had another version of the HC2, and I would like to know when plug-in will be made available again?

I keep installing my plugin but keep losing them after an update. I would like to make it permanent. 

Any Timelines will be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Chris

Plugin for?

1 hour ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

Plugin for?

@Jamie mccrostie,

User plugins instead of VD. Plugins are giving better user experience and are simple to install and can look better than VD. If Fibaro enable user plugins then I can develop Smarter Coffee plugin instead of VD. For plugin user needs only to give coffee machine IP and port and can start using it immediately without fuss with tampering trough VD code and setting up globals and icons!

Plugins bring simplicity and power to every user. It is really shame that Fibaro still didn't find a way to satisfy security and this great advantage that will give FGHC so big advantage over other solutions.

@Sankotronic yes I know what plugins are, i was just interested which one that @fastie81 was having trouble dissapearing after his upgrades

And yes the ones that are there are usally lacking in functionality and there arent enough of them, 

Agreed

@Sankotronic I understand that briefly Fibaro allowed user designed plugins 

How was this a security problem?

Or was there just potental to cause the system issues

Edited by Jamie mccrostie

The idea of plugins is still great but the problem with a non-proprietary system is that it is dependent on the subsystems.

For example the Samsung-TV-plugin doesn't work with the newer Samsung TVs...seems that Samsung has something changed with the firmware (e.g. port).

That`s why I've lost my faith in a stable, real smart home with a open system.

• Topic Author
  • 11 hours ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

@Sankotronic yes I know what plugins are, i was just interested which one that @fastie81 was having trouble dissapearing after his upgrades

And yes the ones that are there are usally lacking in functionality and there arent enough of them, 

Agreed

@Sankotronic I understand that briefly Fibaro allowed user designed plugins 

How was this a security problem?

Or was there just potental to cause the system issues

Hi Jamie

Sorry, My plugin is for my daikin heatpump/Aircon. This is a plugin that I found on a Fibaro Forum when 4 was in beta and users was able to create plugin, I have since edit it and make it work for me, However I have to reinstall it(AKA backdoor) after every firmware update. On most of the firmwares there was talk about the next one, but we how many into v4 now?

Why this is block I don't understand, as it was said due to security. 

But to come back to the question, Is Fibaro going to enable this again anytime soon?

Thanks

Chris

19 hours ago, fastie81 said:

But to come back to the question, Is Fibaro going to enable this again anytime soon?

+1. This needs to be brought back as soon as possible to allow us to catch up with Vera, Homeseer, etc. Falling further behind every day...

• Topic Author
  • 5 hours ago, devfern24 said:

+1. This needs to be brought back as soon as possible to allow us to catch up with Vera, Homeseer, etc. Falling further behind every day...

That is they main reason I am asking, cause I am seriously considering moving to Vera again. and I know there is a lot of ppl that would say dont, but Fibaro are make a lot of promises and not really living up to anything. 

Sorry bit of frustration sitting in. 

15 hours ago, fastie81 said:

That is they main reason I am asking, cause I am seriously considering moving to Vera again. and I know there is a lot of ppl that would say dont, but Fibaro are make a lot of promises and not really living up to anything. 

Sorry bit of frustration sitting in. 

I still use a Vera as a secondary controller and interface it to my HC2 using API. Vera has a superior DSC alarm plugin, far superior door lock functionality, and far superior geofencing. The Vera app for Android isnt very good but its great on my iPhone. I really hope we can get user plugins back and some good door lock functionality so I dont have to use multiple controllers anymore...