Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Little change = huge benefit

HomeSystem.sk

I have little idea. We had one big instalation last week and I got really annoyed by adding devices, having to open them one by one just to change the name and room. Basicaly that is all you need to do with most devices after you add them (then change the switch type,... but that is not with every device, so thats ok).

I love the new window that apears after adding new device and I would like to ask, if it would be possible to make some changes in it.

Basically - you add new device and Fibaro asks what will it control (that is great as people did not understand that this has affect for mobile app).

Now, what if that window gives you the oportunity to change the name of the devices and the room it belongs to? That would just be amazing. I know it would make the window bigger (multisensors...) but it would just make instalations so much easier. 

For example, after adding wall plug it would have 3 windows - Name, room, controlled device.

For motion sensor - room, name for each sensor.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

On 4/5/2017 at 2:33 AM, HomeSystem.sk said:

I have little idea. We had one big instalation last week and I got really annoyed by adding devices, having to open them one by one just to change the name and room. Basicaly that is all you need to do with most devices after you add them (then change the switch type,... but that is not with every device, so thats ok).

I love the new window that apears after adding new device and I would like to ask, if it would be possible to make some changes in it.

Basically - you add new device and Fibaro asks what will it control (that is great as people did not understand that this has affect for mobile app).

Now, what if that window gives you the oportunity to change the name of the devices and the room it belongs to? That would just be amazing. I know it would make the window bigger (multisensors...) but it would just make instalations so much easier. 

For example, after adding wall plug it would have 3 windows - Name, room, controlled device.

For motion sensor - room, name for each sensor.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Great idea!

@T.Konopka You forward this as an improvement, do you have a list of that somewhere? Do you guys do anything with 

Please login or register to see this link.

? That should be the nr 1 spot for all improvement and communications if work is being done on that. That is what most company's do to keep the community happy ;)

If the realization of user ideas depends on voting ?!? then

+1 I vote too.... :-)

+1 from me and maybe one improvement. I don't know if @HomeSystem.sk mentioned it. I hate redirection if i'm making a big project from page for add or remove devices to device page.

Or Fibaro can make double-click option on name of device to rename it. Then simply drag and drop to the room.

Use case:

User adding may devices and he is under pressure. What he can do is add device -> then pop up will appear and he name it, set room and controlled device. Then he stays on the page (no redirection to device, like after adding e.g. Switch 2) and he do that for rest of devices until he is finished.

Hello,

I have been informed that this solution has been being worked on for some time already. If we achieve the goal of how it suppose to work and look then it will introduced in the future ;-)