Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Double Switch 2 only half working

Tonyb_AU

I have recently installed a Fibaro Double switch 2, the lights connected to Q1 are working fine all the time, however the lights connected to Q2 sometimes do not switch on/off as required. I can turn off the first lights multiple times no problem, and at the same time the second lights do not, however this does not occur all the time.

I'm pretty sure it can't be a communication issue, as the issue would happen on both Q1 & Q2.

Anyone have any idea ?

3 hours ago, Tonyb_AU said:

I have recently installed a Fibaro Double switch 2, the lights connected to Q1 are working fine all the time, however the lights connected to Q2 sometimes do not switch on/off as required. I can turn off the first lights multiple times no problem, and at the same time the second lights do not, however this does not occur all the time.

I'm pretty sure it can't be a communication issue, as the issue would happen on both Q1 & Q2.

Anyone have any idea ?

Is it during local switching or remote switching or both ? Are you using push buttons or toggle switches? Have you tried a soft reconfigure? 

What kind of load? LED? More issues with turn-on than turn-off?

This old topic (started by me) might apply:

Please login or register to see this link.

• Topic Author
  • both local and remote switching, and not a load issue as it has around 400w of lighting on it (not LED)

using toggle switches, and configured correctly via parameters.

have ve the same device at home configured the same with toggle switches and no problems 

Edited by Tonyb_AU

Can't think of anything in particular. Is it possible to do some troubleshooting? If possible, change the load on Q2 anyway., if it isn't resistive. I say that because I think you say "switching off" is more of an issue than "turning on", so the "sticking" might still apply. Second thing to try is to disconnect the wire from S2 (at the moduler). Then try if remote operation works reliably. That might be an indication of an electrical problem.

Hello good day. I have a similar problem. But in my case it is channel 1 that does not work. It stays on all the time and there is no way to turn the load off. This happened in a customer's house I disconnected and I made tests in the office and it happens the same as soon as I connect the current the load is turned on and it does not turn off. Channel 2 if it works fine.

49 minutes ago, Rafael Suarez said:

Hello good day. I have a similar problem. But in my case it is channel 1 that does not work. It stays on all the time and there is no way to turn the load off. This happened in a customer's house I disconnected and I made tests in the office and it happens the same as soon as I connect the current the load is turned on and it does not turn off. Channel 2 if it works fine.

It sure sounds like welded contacts. Please follow the link I mentioned in post number 3, to get some background.

Please tap the module with the back of a screwdriver from different directions. You may get it unstuck.

Thank you very much. Was watching the previous post has all the characteristics of being that the problem. I will try to make it functional with the screwdriver. Thank you very much

And I effectively took off. Now it works great

And I effectively took off. Now it works great