Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Hue light delay

Bodyart

Question

Hi all,

often i see, that some HUE bulbs are not reacting, to commands throu Fibaro, of that Fibaro says, that the bulbs are unreachable.

Anyone simmilar experience with it?

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Bodyart said:

Hi all,

often i see, that some HUE bulbs are not reacting, to commands throu Fibaro, of that Fibaro says, that the bulbs are unreachable.

Anyone simmilar experience with it?

Hi @Bodyart

Not having that problem for some time after replacing HUE bridge v1 for HUE bridge v2 and repositioning of the bridge. Fibaro really doesn't have anything to do with that problem. It shows only what HUE bridge reports.

Zigbee wireless system is similar to z-wave and sensitive to signal attenuation. If bulb is too far from HUE bridge or there is obstacle between like thick concrete wall then this happens. Solution is to put another bulb somewhere in between or to move HUE bridge to location that is in the middle of the Zigbee network, what is more acceptable for you.

I have 31 HUE bulb and one HUE LED strip and they are all working nice. Only trouble makers are two bulbs outside the main entrance. Since there is a thick concrete wall with electrical wires and electrical box between them and HUE bridge they are unable to communicate with bridge directly but they use other bulbs for that. So, very rarely one of them sometimes don't respond to command. I'm now thinking to replace old HUE bulb that they use for communication with bridge with newer one because I believe that newer bulb, except that have brighter LED's also have better communication capabilities.

• Inquirer
  • 13 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @Bodyart

Not having that problem for some time after replacing HUE bridge v1 for HUE bridge v2 and repositioning of the bridge. Fibaro really doesn't have anything to do with that problem. It shows only what HUE bridge reports.

Zigbee wireless system is similar to z-wave and sensitive to signal attenuation. If bulb is too far from HUE bridge or there is obstacle between like thick concrete wall then this happens. Solution is to put another bulb somewhere in between or to move HUE bridge to location that is in the middle of the Zigbee network, what is more acceptable for you.

I have 31 HUE bulb and one HUE LED strip and they are all working nice. Only trouble makers are two bulbs outside the main entrance. Since there is a thick concrete wall with electrical wires and electrical box between them and HUE bridge they are unable to communicate with bridge directly but they use other bulbs for that. So, very rarely one of them sometimes don't respond to command. I'm now thinking to replace old HUE bulb that they use for communication with bridge with newer one because I believe that newer bulb, except that have brighter LED's also have better communication capabilities.

Hi @Sankotronic,

Glad to hear that the problem is only on HUE. I have here Bridge v2 (acctually I have 3 bridges, but only one ine use, since i have one 15 buls (2 to come; the new RGBW E14 Hue) 4 of them are Lightify in the bathroom. I'm using the Hue in the living room on the first floor (where the bridge is placed) and in the rooms above on the second floor where is only wooden ceiling and wooden floor. But the respondance of the bulb is sometimes in the livingroom on short distance of the bridge. Still don't understanf the mechanism.

Best regards,

Bodyart

Edited by Bodyart

41 minutes ago, Bodyart said:

But the respondance of the bulb is sometimes in the livingroom on short distance of the bridge. Still don't understanf the mechanism.

Hi @Bodyart,

Please check my newest TIP & TRICK added to following post regarding this problem: