Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro / Alexa Integration plans ...

AutoFrank

• Topic Author
  •  

Hi 

I have installed the skill and can see all my devices but I cannot see any scenes 

Has anybody managed to see their scenes ?

Thanks

Frank

Guest spazpeker

mine does not discover either, tried disconnecting HA Bridge and forgetting all devices

Also deleted the custom skill off the amazon AWS and developer sites

oops its got them all 179 devices....oh what a mess...so I had the names all done to perfection for the home bridge-hc2 link

<fibaro> bedroom 1 - Side Light....which matches the <HomeKit> bedroom 1 - Side Light

<fibaro> bedroom 2 - Side Light....which matches the <HomeKit> bedroom 2 - Side Light

<fibaro> bedroom 2 - Side Light....which matches the <HomeKit> bedroom 2 - Side Light

in Alexa all I get is

side light

side light

side light

there's no rooms coming out so how the heck are you meant to distinguish!!

Well got around to trying the new 'Skill' and it does not work, nothing is discovered.....I think i'll just go back to developing my 'Pi' based bridge device, at least I know its stable and works.

As much as I like the Echo, its concept of doing everything over the 'cloud' to and from local devices is really not a great idea and prone to many issues.

On 24 April 2017 at 6:28 AM, Tonyb_AU said:

I'm going to give this a try tomorrow and see how it works.....on a side note I am almost finished developing a complete solution based on a Raspberry Pi, that will give you connectivity to an Amazon Echo (locally) not using cloud services, along with iOS HomeKit integration and Harmony Hub all in once device, that will find all devices and allow you to specify Fibaro Devices/Scenes that can be published to Echo, and also find Harmony Hub's their activities and automatically add them to Fibaro directly (auto-creation of the VD, with direct control of the Hub, again not via the Logitech cloud service)...if anyone is interested in it ?? Plug it into your network and then perform a few simple config steps and away you go.

I would be interested in this too.. Was waiting for Dot connectivity to HC2 but not expecting miracles from Fibaro!!!

Tried linking this today, had issues with it finding my devices ...... doesn't seem to find any, are a lot of you also having the same issue? 

I have installed and it worked straight away. No problems with any of the names as reported.

Its slower to respond than HA bridge sadly, a couple of seconds slower I would say.

I also have no scenes discovered, is that to do with the new "alexaprohibit" text as reported on page one? Mine are old scenes so I doubt have this.

• Topic Author
  • 16 minutes ago, M4T VW said:

I have installed and it worked straight away. No problems with any of the names as reported.

Its slower to respond than HA bridge sadly, a couple of seconds slower I would say.

I also have no scenes discovered, is that to do with the new "alexaprohibit" text as reported on page one? Mine are old scenes so I doubt have this.

Hi @M4T VW

Access to control scenes will be support throught the Custom Skill which is not available yet ...

13 hours ago, M.Baranowski said:

@pwadan, you may want to take a look here:

Thanks M.Baramowski, I can confirm that I have the latest HC version and a Fibaro ID account with HC added.... tried disabling the skills and re-enabling that hasnt worked either... the skill links with my HC its just that it cant find any of the devices... 

Same issue here.... correct use of Fibaro ID, Version 4.120 on both my HC2 and HCL.  Able to add FIBARO Smart Home Skill, but cannot find devices, either locally or remotely.

Guest fat
    4 hours ago, sitaylor said:

Same issue here.... correct use of Fibaro ID, Version 4.120 on both my HC2 and HCL.  Able to add FIBARO Smart Home Skill, but cannot find devices, either locally or remotely.

Same here although I am away on holidays currently and am trying to do it remotely which could be causing issues

ine question for those that have it working is your Fibaro ID cloud username and password the same as your admin username and password? Mine is different and I am wondering if that is the issue

On 24.4.2017 at 10:21 AM, darren-mc said:

oops its got them all 179 devices....oh what a mess...so I had the names all done to perfection for the home bridge-hc2 link

<fibaro> bedroom 1 - Side Light....which matches the <HomeKit> bedroom 1 - Side Light

in Alexa all I get is

side light

side light

side light

there's no rooms coming out so how the heck are you meant to distinguish!!

Same here

• Topic Author
  • 4 hours ago, fat said:

Same here although I am away on holidays currently and am trying to do it remotely which could be causing issues

ine question for those that have it working is your Fibaro ID cloud username and password the same as your admin username and password? Mine is different and I am wondering if that is the issue

Hi @fat

I couldn't get mine to discover remotely

It was only when I was on my local LAN that it seemed to be able to find this

It could be great if Fibaro could clarify if they expect the skill to be able to discover locally or if it should work remotely through fibaroID

On ‎26‎-‎4‎-‎2017 at 9:12 AM, M4T VW said:

I can confirm this.

I tested this at a friends house, HA works within a second, fibaro ALEXA  takes a couple of seconds. it takes that look we actually thought it doesn't work.

So he decided (also on my advice) to use HA bridge (and no fibaro cloud worries)

Edited by akatar

@akatar I got the same results when testing the Echo plugin and the HA.. the HA was way faster and "smoother" when communicating commands.. anyone thats worried about open security issues with the HA, the latest version now has new layer of authentication via password protection.    

• Topic Author
  • 12 minutes ago, matt1981 said:

@akatar I got the same results when testing the Echo plugin and the HA.. the HA was way faster and "smoother" when communicating commands.. anyone thats worried about open security issues with the HA, the latest version now has new layer of authentication via password protection.    

Hi @matt1981

Is the invocation the same between the HA solution and the native fibaro solution ?

5 hours ago, fat said:

The same.