Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro / Alexa Integration plans ...

AutoFrank

4 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

Hi @matt1981

Is the invocation the same between the HA solution and the native fibaro solution ?

@AutoFrank the HA solution just feels more natural.  you don't have to say; "alexa tell fibaro to ____" etc.  instead its a more fluid communication, without having to remember specific commands. with the HA, you can create customized commands that you'll remember.   for example; I only have to say "alexa, turn on ___" vs without the HA i have to remember a specific command ei; "alexa, tell harmony to ____" 

i hope that helped explain it a little bit more..

• Topic Author
  • 24 minutes ago, matt1981 said:

@AutoFrank the HA solution just feels more natural.  you don't have to say; "alexa tell fibaro to ____" etc.  instead its a more fluid communication, without having to remember specific commands. with the HA, you can create customized commands that you'll remember.   for example; I only have to say "alexa, turn on ___" vs without the HA i have to remember a specific command ei; "alexa, tell harmony to ____" 

Thanks @matt1981

1 minute ago, AutoFrank said:

I have HA solution but I now have new devices created for Fibaro on Alexa.  Frank I just say, "Alexa, turn on Uplighter" and Alexa, "turn off Uplighter".  It works for me but yes it is slower than my experience with the HA solution

I have done the test with a Fibaro RGBW unit and also a AEON Labs wall plug

L

• Topic Author
  • 28 minutes ago, lennypenny said:

I have HA solution but I now have new devices created for Fibaro on Alexa.  Frank I just say, "Alexa, turn on Uplighter" and Alexa, "turn off Uplighter".  It works for me but yes it is slower than my experience with the HA solution

I have done the test with a Fibaro RGBW unit and also a AEON Labs wall plug

L

Thanks @lennypenny, what about the invocation for scenes like "Good Night"

18 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

Thanks @lennypenny, what about the invocation for scenes like "Good Night"

Hi @AutoFrank,

I can only run block scenes at the moment. None of my LUA Scenes are "found"  Even then it seems somewhat erratic.  I think naming conventions will play a big role (perhaps) in how easily this thing works

I say "Alexa, turn on "extra lights on""

Alexa says:" I have found several devices with that name, which one do you want"     which is just rubbish

I say:  "Extra lights on"

So it is a 2-step effort to get a block scene running

L

• Topic Author
  • 9 minutes ago, lennypenny said:

I think naming conventions will play a big role (perhaps) in how easily this thing works

@lennypenny

I 100% agree, naming will be critical for usability

10 minutes ago, lennypenny said:

I can only run block scenes at the moment. None of my LUA Scenes are "found"

@lennypenny

Is this for HA or the new Fibaro Skill ?

11 minutes ago, lennypenny said:

I say "Alexa, turn on "extra lights on""

Alexa says:" I have found several devices with that name, which one do you want"     which is just rubbish

I say:  "Extra lights on"

@lennypenny, Is this for HA or the new Fibaro Skill ?

3 hours ago, AutoFrank said:

Hi @matt1981

Is the invocation the same between the HA solution and the native fibaro solution ?

Yes, use it just the same as the HA solution. Can't remember if she says "ok" or not though.

3 hours ago, boerremk said:

The same.

When i signed up for my fibaro ID i went through the process of setting up the remote logging etc and it changed my normal admin account details to my new fibaro ID account details. My old admin account no longer exists so maybe this is your problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I coul'd not connect Alexa to Logitech Harmony Hub with Alexa Harmony skill. It seems to be blocked for users outside of US. At last i've found an app called

Please login or register to see this link.

which doesn't require any additional hardware and works seemless with Philips Hue, Logitech Harmony and many other devices. See the

of supported devices.

Edited by Bodyart

• 2 weeks later...

if the skill isn't available on the German Amazon yet, you just have to wait till they release it for that language.. your only option would be to change your account settings to the US site to get the skill in english. there isnt any trickery or secrets to get it in German.. 

you have the option of changing your language settings on the echo in your aws account settings.  then, you can have the skill "right now."

And I have found an app HOME REMOTE   

It acts as an universal multi remote controller.

It is said it can integrate with Alexa (I do not have one to try yet) and tons of other products including Fibaro.

I could import list of devices and scenes from my HC2, it paired with Logitech Harmony and Netatmo weather station.

Unfortunately the list of devices of Fibaro were not distinguished between rooms so if I have device Light in Room 1 and device Light in Room 2 I could not differentiate them in this app (or maybe I did not dig enough deep in the settings).

• 1 month later...

the alexa skill is not reliable first it is slow 3-4 sec response vs run the ha-bridge locally.   I have also sold all my amazon echo and switch to google home.   Google home allow you to define shortcut so I no need to remember long sentence and google home is more flexible