Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Flood Sensor dosen`t report alarm !

Bogdan Munteanu

Question

Hello , I don`t understand why my flood sensor doesn't send FLOOD ALARM, I have HCL Version 4.120.If I try to make a scene who send PUSH notification it work.I don`t want to make a scene to recive information about FLOOD. I want to recive an alarm state or something like this.

Please login or register to see this image.

Whitout scene I don`t recive any alarm or message if this sensor is flooded..

I try to reset and resync my sensor and install on HCL older version.

Give me some ideea!!!

Edited by Bogdan Munteanu

15 answers to this question

Same problem here!

I have installed several smoke and flood sensors on HC2 FW 4.120 and when any of these sensors are breached nothing really happens. No alert in web-ui, IPhone or IPad Fibaro apps. 

I also thought that by default there is an alert system for this sensors which should monitored and armed 24/24. 

According to Fibaro presentation videos we should have receive an alert on mobile devices.... 

Do others encounter the same problem?

Hi,

I was also surprised when I started with my HA journey with HC2 that there is no any alarm panel for flood or fire like there is for burglar alarm. Nowadays I don't use even burglar alarm panel but all solved with scenes and VD. HC2 users can check this topic:

HCL users just need to build two separate scenes triggered by this flood or fire sensors to send notification and activate some sounders. One scene to send notification and turn on sounders when one of sensors is breached and another scene to turn sounders off when all sensors are safe.

Or you can send interactive push message with which you can then choose to disarm sounders on not.

• Inquirer
  • I think this function is a must. We wish to have this function by default or possibility to turn on/off from ALARM PANEL.

Thanks

Please login or register to see this link.

!

It seams obviously that smoke / flood/ gas sensors to be by default implemented as alerting devices for the apps without any kind of special scenes, like motion and door/windows sensors , except that this special sensors to be armed by default 24/7 no matter of the other sensors arm status. 

On their marketing videos they clearly show that when fire or flood is detected the apps show alert screen.

Did previous versions of HC or smartphone apps worked like that or was just a "marketing gimmick" to make this system more interesting for potential clients?

6 minutes ago, smprofx said:

"marketing gimmick" to make this system more interesting for potential clients?

This is my experience. Unfortunately, most people on here started life with the HC2 the same as you (and I), and we have been mislead. Whether Fibaro planned or plan to ever release that functionality I have no idea. As Sankotronic says though, you eventually forgive Fibaro (you've spent a lot of money right!) and just end up making your own scenes. 

As well as smoke and flood, tamper alerts are also not supported properly out of the box. You have to write a scene to get alerts of tampering too. 

Basically, expect everything has to be a scene and you won't go far wrong. Very disappointing that Fibaro marketing got away with this and it is too late once most owners realise as they have money invested in the system. 

Edited by Cameleon

I already reported it with some additional requests few weeks ago. Atleast with smoke detectors.

Edited by jakub.jezek

1 minute ago, smprofx said:

@Cameleon through a scene could I make it show that nice in-app pop-up alert and beep sound as shown on their videos? 

You can get quite close. @Sankotronic has some good write ups on pop-ups and push messages. Sure he will be along shortly to help out :) If you take a look at the scene he posted a few posts back, that is a good basis for an alarm which does nice notifications if I remember correctly. 

Edited by Cameleon

• Inquirer
  • 4 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

I already reported it with some additional requests few weeks ago. Atleast with smoke detectors.

Please login or register to see this link.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, smprofx said:

@Cameleon through a scene could I make it show that nice in-app pop-up alert and beep sound as shown on their videos? 

Nope you only recive a simple pop-up notification with some text.

Now I have set the Parameter 5 in Flood sensors to 0 - Alarm water frame and I have a water valve installed at the entrance point of the water pipe into my house. The water vale is controller by a FG-223 relay which is set to react at Alarm Water Frame.

This setup doesn't involve HC gateway as it is a kind of direct communication between devices so in case my HC freeze for 503 error (which is pretty frequent in FW 4.120) and scenes are not working .. at least I'm still protected against a possible flood.

A visual and audible alert as in their presentation videos would be more than handy... 

Remember how cool is showed the App that turns on the Iphone screen and show you the alert message and buzz sound? ... if that would be possible ...

• Inquirer
  • Hey, last night i have a flood in garage,I find my flood sensor  screaming  but i don`t reciv any notification. Also i want to know when my flood sensor have comunication problem or is  not comunicate with Z-Wave HCL.

Is there a way to recive notification about device status(Is Ok connected or not )?

How this option work "Mark if dead: YES" ? I don`t recive any notification.

I try to change wake-up interval more often but i don`t recive notification about device status (Connected/Disconnected, in range out of range no battery...) 

We need notification about flood and device staus by default...

• Like 1

+1

Status info is very important !!