Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SUBMITTED][SUGGESTION] - New Panel for buttons, labels, camera and scene execution

AutoFrank

Hi @T.Konopka

Could you ask the development team to review the following idea and it would also be good to get feedback from other forum users on it.

Create a full screen Panel that could be accessed in a similar way to the current dashboard (its not to replace the dashboard but be another option)

Users could configure this panel with just 4 elements

• VD Buttons
  • VD labels
  • Camera views (plugin)
  • Scene Play buttons

No coding would be allowed on this panel, you leverage what is done elsewhere.

It is simply drag and drop from a user perspective.

I think this would work for a large screen view for status display and some task execution, ideal for ipad pro and touch screens

Very basic mock up below, all elements arranged in vertical columns which would snap to grids (again similar to the dashboard but more flexible)

The idea would be to keep it simple and not over engineer or complicate the solution

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Feedback welcome

-f

+1

@AutoFrank, that is briliant idea.

One discussable idea from me as addition. Make this panel with classic dashboard as an app with user customizeable layout. Just very simple, where to have devices, sensors, scenes, etc. I know imperihome has this kind of "app", but sometimes i get lost in tablet app to get to right devices i need to control.

Hello,

I believe that introducing another panel similar to dashboard may create a bit of a chaos in managing the system. However, I think that adding new windows with VDs, etc in the dashboard may be a good idea. What do you think?

If Window for VD will show everything from a VD it would be nice. So if i have multiple VDs i would like to create multiple Windows in Dashboard.

• Topic Author
  • 1 minute ago, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

I believe that introducing another panel similar to dashboard may create a bit of a chaos in managing the system. However, I think that adding new windows with VDs, etc in the dashboard may be a good idea. What do you think?

Hi @T.Konopka

If the navigation was clear I think user confusion could be limited. In saying that, I think that adding extra flexibility the existing dashboard could achieve similar results to what I proposed.

Adding new windows with VD (that are "open", like the following ) would be a good start

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2017_04/58f87f0b19e3b_fullremote.PNG.53b6b9f8947e5a35da5a2ddf140551a7.PNG" alt="58f87f0b19e3b_fullremote.PNG.53b6b9f8947e5a35da5a2ddf140551a7.PNG" />

I think that the real power and flexibility would be realised if the user could pick and choose between different VD labels and buttons and scene play execution.

If the development team wanted to start with VD buttons and labels (and maybe VD headers, with title and icon) and camera view/plugin, I think that would be a great start. Scenes can always be executed with a VD button.

What's important is being able to drag and drop the various granular elements. It is very helpful that currently the VD header, label and button are all about the same vertical / horizontal size so arranging them on a screen should be easy for end user and the dev team. I also think its important to not complicate with lot of bells and whistles. I suspect the dev team is using scrum/spring methodology and we can always iterate the idea over a number of fw releases. Start with the basics and build out where there is benefit.

I like the dashboard idea but with the number of devices, VD and scenes I have in my system it is difficult to work with and get any real benefit.

I have some other ideas on the android and iOS apps but will post them separately.

I hope this help convey what I'm thinking 

-f

1 hour ago, jakub.jezek said:

If Window for VD will show everything from a VD it would be nice. So if i have multiple VDs i would like to create multiple Windows in Dashboard.

Well, this has to be thought through because many VDs with many buttons will use much space in this panel. But indeed, having all VD's buttons displayed in the web as in the app is a good idea.

46 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

I think that the real power and flexibility would be realised if the user could pick and choose between different VD labels and buttons and scene play execution.

If the development team wanted to start with VD buttons and labels (and maybe VD headers, with title and icon) and camera view/plugin, I think that would be a great start. Scenes can always be executed with a VD button.

What's important is being able to drag and drop the various granular elements. It is very helpful that currently the VD header, label and button are all about the same vertical / horizontal size so arranging them on a screen should be easy for end user and the dev team. I also think its important to not complicate with lot of bells and whistles. I suspect the dev team is using scrum/spring methodology and we can always iterate the idea over a number of fw releases. Start with the basics and build out where there is benefit.

I'll forward the suggestion and see what feedback I'll get.

25 minutes ago, T.Konopka said:

Well, this has to be thought through because many VDs with many buttons will use much space in this panel. But indeed, having all VD's buttons displayed in the web as in the app is a good idea.

I agree, that some VDs are very big in case of space. In CZ market it would be enough ;)

OK, Why not tu use a slider there. You can have lets say first 5 or 7 rows and slider on right side. Maybe not elegant, but functional. I see dashboard is relatively optimized for mobile devices and still needs some improvements for control Fibaro from mobile devices, but that is subject for different forum topic :).

Or show whole device on double click and hide it by double click on VDs name.

Then you will have space for other stuff.

--Sorry for bad english, written in hurry.

• Topic Author
  • Thanks @T.Konopka for submitting 

Lets wait and see what the development team think and we can build out from the there if its achievable

-f

I think this is a cool idea although I would rather see the basic device function improved first, such as full support for door locks, RTSP camera streaming, user developed plugins, categorizing of VD's and plugins, etc. Good thinking though!

22 minutes ago, devfern24 said:

I think this is a cool idea although I would rather see the basic device function improved first, such as full support for door locks, RTSP camera streaming, user developed plugins, categorizing of VD's and plugins, etc. Good thinking though!

From my sources h.264 should be first and then RTSP in camera improvements. But even god does not know when :D.