Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Skill now available in Alexa store

AutoFrank

Question

Hi everyone,

Exciting times ahead..:D:D .

.... @fat spotted that the official Fibaro Skill is now available in the Alexa store.

Hi @T.Konopka - Do we need a new hc2 fw release to be able to leverage this or is it usable straightaway ?

Feedback from anybody getting it successfully running most welcome...

Thanks

-f

PS - I'll be looking this later and will try and create a Tutorial 

PPS - Looks like we don't need new fw, anything after 4.112 will work...

Please login or register to see this attachment.

#

Interesting - activate VD through scenes

Edited by AutoFrank

• Inquirer
  • 21 minutes ago, smprofx said:

Sure!

Here is the attached print-screen from the web Alexa app. It's the same as on mobile version. 

As previously said, only some scenes are visible in the Alexa devices so I have copied a scene that was visible and changed to do something else and it worked.

Bellow is the LUA code from the that block scene that worked. 

--[[
    %% properties
    %% weather
    %% events
    %% globals
    DSC_Zone001
    DSC_P1_ArmedStatus
    DSC_Zone004
    --]]

local startSource = fibaro:getSourceTrigger();
    if (
     ( tonumber(fibaro:getGlobalValue("DSC_Zone001")) == tonumber("0")  and  tonumber(fibaro:getGlobalValue("DSC_P1_ArmedStatus")) == tonumber("0")  or  tonumber(fibaro:getGlobalValue("DSC_Zone004")) == tonumber("0")  and  tonumber(fibaro:getGlobalValue("DSC_P1_ArmedStatus")) == tonumber("0") )
    or
    startSource["type"] == "other"
    )
    then
        fibaro:call(173, "turnOff");
        fibaro:call(349, "turnOff");
        setTimeout(function()
            fibaro:call(511, "pressButton", "3");
        end, 2000)
    end

If I create a new scene from scratch ... it's not showing in the Alexa Devices neither after manual Device Discovery. 

Controlling devices seams to work pretty ok but starting scenes it's a bit tricky as you have to say a long phrase for commands and most of the times Alexa fails to understand the command or start the correct scene. It may also be that my english pronunciation is not quite "americanish sounding" 

@smprofx

It looks like the scenes that are displayed are all block ?

mine are all lua, should be easy to test

Hi,
    Thank you for the feedback, I’m glad that you all have started to use our new Alexa skill so fast.
    We are investigating all of reported issues.

At this moment we noticed that in some cases devices cannot be found by Alexa because one of the reasons:
    1) either your Home Center is not at the first place at remote access site (FibaroID -> Services -> Remote Access),
    2) either you have firmware version older than 4.112.

"Alexa tell Fibaro ..." - will not work till Fibaro Custom Skill will be available (we have started certification process in Amazon).

Edited by T.Konopka

• Inquirer
  • 25 minutes ago, M.Baranowski said:

Hi,
    Thank you for the feedback, I’m glad, that you all have started to use our new Alexa skill so fast.

At this moment we noticed that in some ceses devices cannot be found by Alexa because one of the reasons:
    1) either your Home Center is not at the first place at remote access site (FibaroID -> Services -> Remote Access),

"Alexa tell Fibaro ..." - will not work till Fibaro Custom Skill will be available (we have started certification process in Amazon).

Thanks @M.Baranowski

obvious query :-) do you know when the custom skill is expected to be available based on how long the smart home skill took to certify by AWS ? 

2 hours ago, M.Baranowski said:

We are investigating all of reported issues

Hi,

I ran discovery and some 30 devices and scenes were added. I managed to use one of my Fibaro relays to trigger my irrigation system.

Unfortunately, most showed "OFFLINE" in brackets

I wanted to rename devices because it was not convenient to use my old naming conventions.  I selected "FORGET" and then when I run DICOVERY again, I do not get the newly named devices back.

L

Edited by lennypenny
    clarification

@

Please login or register to see this link.

: yes, the scenes are all block created.

In my case the list of devices is updated immediately after I add a new scene or a new device and I press "Discover Devices"

Also renaming devices or scenes is immediately updated after pressing "Discover Devices"

Starting scenes it's been a hard task. 1 of 10 commands are actually correctly interpreted by Alex, the rest of 9 it doesn't understand what I mean ...
    I have tried both ways of statements: Alexa set the scene "scene name" and Alexa set the "scene name" scene ... Perhaps we should have also other version like" Alexa run the "scene name" or Alexa trigger "scene name" or Alexa execute "scene name" 

How it works on others with scene lunching through Alexa?

• Inquirer
  • 23 minutes ago, smprofx said:

@

: yes, the scenes are all block created.

In my case the list of devices is updated immediately after I add a new scene or a new device and I press "Discover Devices"

Also renaming devices or scenes is immediately updated after pressing "Discover Devices"

Starting scenes it's been a hard task. 1 of 10 commands are actually correctly interpreted by Alex, the rest of 9 it doesn't understand what I mean ...
    I have tried both ways of statements: Alexa set the scene "scene name" and Alexa set the "scene name" scene ... Perhaps we should have also other version like" Alexa run the "scene name" or Alexa trigger "scene name" or Alexa execute "scene name" 

How it works on others with scene lunching through Alexa?

Thanks @smprofx

I tried modifying a lua scene and as expect it was unsuccessful

Thanks @M.Baranowski

The custom skill was not available. It was not clear to me because there was information on the custom skill in

With your answer it is ok.

Many people think they have no access due to their region.

6 hours ago, M.Baranowski said:

Hi,
    Thank you for the feedback, I’m glad, that you all have started to use our new Alexa skill so fast.

At this moment we noticed that in some ceses devices cannot be found by Alexa because one of the reasons:

I got latest firmware and my remote is working fine but still cannot discover devices... Any other ideas?

14 hours ago, lennypenny said:

I wanted to rename devices because it was not convenient to use my old naming conventions.  I selected "FORGET" and then when I run DICOVERY again, I do not get the newly named devices back.

Now this is strange.  Before going to sleep, I ran discovery again and again I did not see any Fibaro items added.

This morning I found the Fibaro devices added, without running Discovery.

I will be doing tests today, by turning of Habridge server and also disabling the Hue "skill" in Amazon Alexa

Hi,

I had no problems linking the accounts and discovering the devices.

Also, after renaming most devices, the update in the Echo device list was automatic (after a few hours).

But what I do notice is a much increased delay before an action is taken.

With the HAbridge, commands were carried out almost immediately, but now, through the Fibaro Alexa Skill, it takes MUCH longer.

I understand that there is more cloud based communications going on, compared to when the HAbridge and the HC2 are on the same LAN, but still...

I hope Fibaro can reduce the latency somehow.

16 hours ago, AutoFrank said:

Thanks @M.Baranowski

obvious query :-) do you know when the custom skill is expected to be available based on how long the smart home skill took to certify by AWS ? 

We are expecting it in 3-4 days. Stay tuned.

10 hours ago, northyorks said:

I got latest firmware and my remote is working fine but still cannot discover devices... Any other ideas?

Can you confirm, that you have linked your previous (pre FibaroID era) remote account with FibaroID? If so, after going to FibaroID -> Services -> Remote Access, you should use "log in" instead of "Try logging in with your old USER NAME" and be able to see you Home Center.

• Inquirer
  • Just now, M.Baranowski said:

We are expecting it in 3-4 days. Stay tuned

cool :-)

19 minutes ago, M.Baranowski said:

Can you confirm, that you have linked your previous (pre FibaroID era) remote account with FibaroID? If so, after going to FibaroID -> Services -> Remote Access, you should use "log in" instead of "Try logging in with your old USER NAME" and be able to see you Home Center.

Hi

I have the same problem with Alexa not discover devices. I have checked all as you suggested and even removed and reinstalled my system in Remote Access.

This didn't fix the problem and I still don't have any devices in Alexa. You help would be appreciated in fixing this problem.

Guest mofawzi

Hi I have the same Problem Alexa does not discover any devices on HC2 

On ‎24‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 11:14 AM, AutoFrank said:

@shaunfrost.. looking good so.. :-)

Thanks @tinman

Great to hear that..

@jompa68

That's terrible, I'd hate to b in Greece when I could be at home 'working' :-)

That's very bad indeed ;)

Is it real that every light has to be named differently? It does not want to work for me if I have all lights named "light" and separated by the rooms. When I say - alexa - turn on the light in office  - it does not work. I had to name the light as "office light" ... But that makes very little sense, for what reason we have the room names? Or is this just something that will be fixed?

Otherwise it works great with lights and Popp valves. 

One thing, just some of my scenes got discovered. I have them all active, all in blocks, all visible in system, but for example just movie scene get discovered and "away mode" does not. As i said, both blocks, both active and visible. I tried yesterday and today again but it wont add it.

And one last thing - sensors are part of custom skills right?

Fibaro thanks for this anyway, finally it got rally smart with voice control.

On 26/04/2017 at 8:40 AM, M.Baranowski said:

We are expecting it in 3-4 days. Stay tuned.

Yes confirmed using new fibaro I'd and can log in fine.. But Alexa still can't find devices

Edited by northyorks