Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Skill now available in Alexa store

AutoFrank

Question

Hi everyone,

Exciting times ahead..:D:D .

.... @fat spotted that the official Fibaro Skill is now available in the Alexa store.

Hi @T.Konopka - Do we need a new hc2 fw release to be able to leverage this or is it usable straightaway ?

Feedback from anybody getting it successfully running most welcome...

Thanks

-f

PS - I'll be looking this later and will try and create a Tutorial 

PPS - Looks like we don't need new fw, anything after 4.112 will work...

Please login or register to see this attachment.

#

Interesting - activate VD through scenes

Edited by AutoFrank

Ok so today Alexa found 15 devices from my account which previously it was unable to...but all scenes missing? Any requirements for scenes to appear in Alexa?

I have had a play and made s new scene - this appears in Alexa.

Old scenes still not appearing..tried clicking save button on an old scene but this does not make it visible to Alexa..

Edited by northyorks

Hi everyone,

there are couple of issues and questions you reported here, let me answer to them. I will soon inform you about devices which will be available, and which will not.

1) Alexa couldn’t find any devices:

We optimized adding devices process in last few hours, please check, if that helped.

If not, make sure, that all of the points are checked:

a) Your Home Center is properly connected to Remote Access via FIBARO ID (not via old username method).

b) Your Home Center is first on the list of connected gateways on remote access (same case, Remote Access via FibaroID).

c) Your Home Center is updated to version 4.112 or newer.

2) What kind of scenes are available for Alexa?

After releasing custom skill, block scenes will be available to run with Alexa.

3) What exactly functionalities we will gain after adding Fibaro Custom Skill?

Turning the devices on and off, i.e. {{Alexa, tell Fibaro to}} turn/switch on/off the lights in [room name],

Using RGBW, i.e. {{Alexa, tell Fibaro to}} start/activate program [program name e.g storm] on [device name],

Using the lights, i.e. {{Alexa, tell Fibaro to}} set lights in the [room name] to [x] percent,

- Receiving data from sensors, i.e. {{Alexa, ask Fibaro}} are any of my doors or windows open {in [room name]},

- Running the scenes, i.e. {{Alexa, ask Fibaro to}} activate/set the [scene name] scene,

Using cameras, i.e. {{Alexa, tell Fibaro to}} take a snapshot of the camera in [room name].

5) Will there be any other language versions?

We are expecting to release German version soon.

6) Using Alexa with something called "HA bridge".

Pleas mind, that this skill is not supported by Fibaro.

7) Dependence between Alexa and Remote Access.

Using Alexa with remote access does not have any impact on its functionality.

3 hours ago, M.Baranowski said:

Hi everyone,

there are couple of issues and questions you reported here, let me answer to them. I will soon inform you about devices which will be available, and which will not.

1) Alexa couldn’t find any devices:

We optimized adding devices process in last few hours, please check, if that helped.

If not, make sure, that all of the points are checked:

a) Your Home Center is properly connected to Remote Access via FIBARO ID (not via old username method).

b) Your Home Center is first on the list of connected gateways on remote access (same case, Remote Access via FibaroID).

c) Your Home Center is updated to version 4.112 or newer.

2) What kind of scenes are available for Alexa?

After releasing custom skill, block scenes will be available to run with Alexa.

3) What exactly functionalities we will gain after adding Fibaro Custom Skill?

Turning the devices on and off, i.e. {{Alexa, tell Fibaro to}} turn/switch on/off the lights in [room name],

Using RGBW, i.e. {{Alexa, tell Fibaro to}} start/activate program [program name e.g storm] on [device name],

Using the lights, i.e. {{Alexa, tell Fibaro to}} set lights in the [room name] to [x] percent,

- Receiving data from sensors, i.e. {{Alexa, ask Fibaro}} are any of my doors or windows open {in [room name]},

- Running the scenes, i.e. {{Alexa, ask Fibaro to}} activate/set the [scene name] scene,

Using cameras, i.e. {{Alexa, tell Fibaro to}} take a snapshot of the camera in [room name].

5) Will there be any other language versions?

We are expecting to release German version soon.

6) Using Alexa with something called "HA bridge".

Pleas mind, that this skill is not supported by Fibaro.

7) Dependence between Alexa and Remote Access.

Using Alexa with remote access does not have any impact on its functionality.

Hi

Please login or register to see this link.

I have just tried to add devices to Alexa and have checked all items you listed but still no devices found. :-(

Edited by John9439

@M.Baranowski I'm not very familiar with how Alexa skills system works but do we have do take any action to update the skills in Alexa or it will be automatically updated each time Fibaro improve its? (I mean do we have to remove and reinstall the Alexa Fibaro Skill to benefit of the latest updates?)

I have changed nothing, but Alexa Fibaro Skill has now found my devices.

One would presume Fibaro made some changes last night. :-)

Guest fat
1 hour ago, John9439 said:

I have changed nothing, but Alexa Fibaro Skill has now found my devices.

One would presume Fibaro made some changes last night. :-)

I disabled the skill because it wouldn't work and installed the skill again last night. Nothing changed, but I woke up this morning and it found my devices. This even worked remotely while I am away on holiday

Getting there..... Found 5 of my devices on my HCL (in a remote location) and none of my devices on my HC2 (in the location where my Echo Dot is) even though I have the same type of device in both places....

It just discovered my relays and wall switch as Binary Switch. It didn't discover scenes and other devices. Checked all the prerequisites @M.Baranowski mentioned.

I've another question: Does the Fibaro skill discover non-fibaro devices as well?

• Inquirer
  • 4 minutes ago, AkilliYuva.com said:

It just discovered my relays and wall switch as Binary Switch. It didn't discover scenes and other devices. Checked all the prerequisites @M.Baranowski mentioned.

I've another question: Does the Fibaro skill discover non-fibaro devices as well?

I also have a few non fibaro devices that are on my discovered devices list but haven't be able to confirm operational as I have other issues with my system

On 4/29/2017 at 3:43 AM, fat said:

I disabled the skill because it wouldn't work and installed the skill again last night. Nothing changed, but I woke up this morning and it found my devices. This even worked remotely while I am away on holiday

agree - it looks like changes are being made

I can now 'rediscover' my devices remotely which I couldn't do at the beginning...

in my case echo dot still not discovering the devices.

today echo dot discovered devices and some scene also. Devices are triggering but with some delay (4-6 sec). 

echo discovered devices by voice command ("echo, discover devices")

I was trying to discover by app but noting done.

Edited by bpkurmi
    update

In my case - cannot even find the skill in the Alexa store!? Is that because I am German based...!?

In my case, it took a while for Echo DOT to discover the devices, but it did pick them all up after around 10 mins.. however, it's a bit of a pain that I have to go and rename the devices in Fibaro it seems to use generic names... what's the best approach for this?? For Sonos, I have used Yonomi to link that with DOT. Or if I go down the approach of using HA-Bridge, do I need to have raspberri PI or can I use my PC to do that??

@rajp the ha-bridge can run any device that can run linux.  a PC, synology, Rasperry pi, 

31 minutes ago, matt1981 said:

@rajp the ha-bridge can run any device that can run linux.  a PC, synology, Rasperry pi, 

Ahh.. thanks.. then I must be doing something wrong.. I have downloaded the files from the site and run it.. however, it is failing to find the Echo DOT. Not sure what config changes I need to make and not seeing any info on it..

Get ready for the 'New' Alexa:

Please login or register to see this link.

Good news.. "Fibaro Custom Skill" is now available on Amazon Alexa

Edited by John9439

yeah, it is, the major problem i have is, right after i activated custom skill my HC2 crashed and is not starting again. The HCServer service is not working:

now i do repair to 4.120 ( i was on beta 4.121 ) to check if HCServer is working again and if this is really custom skill related or not.

Whatever it was no idea, but now fibaro custom skill is working properly. It might be one of my developer modules which crashed the system while it was listing devices.

The custom skill however works only when the alexa app is set to english_us language, which is ok for now as i use anyway only the fibaro smart home skill (which works very good with german  any implemented language).

Edited by tinman

Hi!

I have enabled the Fibaro Customs Skills and linked with my Fibaro ID cloud. 

But I don't see anything related to Fibaro Customs Skills under Smart Home menu in Alexa account. 

Should I remove the Fibaro Smart Home Skills before adding the Fibaro Customs Skills or both of them can coexist?

I still would like to have the basic commands available from Fibaro Smart Home Skillks without using the Alexa tell Fibaro to ...