Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Skill now available in Alexa store

AutoFrank

Question

Hi everyone,

Exciting times ahead..:D:D .

.... @fat spotted that the official Fibaro Skill is now available in the Alexa store.

Hi @T.Konopka - Do we need a new hc2 fw release to be able to leverage this or is it usable straightaway ?

Feedback from anybody getting it successfully running most welcome...

Thanks

-f

PS - I'll be looking this later and will try and create a Tutorial 

PPS - Looks like we don't need new fw, anything after 4.112 will work...

Please login or register to see this attachment.

#

Interesting - activate VD through scenes

Edited by AutoFrank

171 answers to this question

Guest fat

Are any of you having issues with the Alexa skill giving an error? Every time I ask Alexa to turn a light on or off it gives me the is not responding error after a large delay. The light does turn off or on as requested but the delay is so long Alexa gives me the error message

On my side the Fibaro Smart Home skills works correctly, just that I don't see anything related to Customs Skills 

3 hours ago, fat said:

Are any of you having issues with the Alexa skill giving an error? Every time I ask Alexa to turn a light on or off it gives me the is not responding error after a large delay. The light does turn off or on as requested but the delay is so long Alexa gives me the error message

I have the same error and have reported this to Fibaro, but as yet haven't had a reply.

4 hours ago, smprofx said:

Hi!

I have enabled the Fibaro Customs Skills and linked with my Fibaro ID cloud. 

But I don't see anything related to Fibaro Customs Skills under Smart Home menu in Alexa account. 

Should I remove the Fibaro Smart Home Skills before adding the Fibaro Customs Skills or both of them can coexist?

I still would like to have the basic commands available from Fibaro Smart Home Skillks without using the Alexa tell Fibaro to ...

- both can coexist.

- you have not to use "alexa tell Fibaro to", simply run custom skill by telling "alexa launch fibaro", then you can use command like "Alexa activate xyz scene", etc. All that is described on the manual page -> 

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by tinman

@tinman thanks for clarify! I was expecting to see new options in th Alexa...

Any ideea how long Fibaro Custom Skills will remain activate once activated by voice command? 

Did you guys find out how to control scenes via Fibaro Smart Home Skills ? My Alexa discovered all devices, but not even one scene. I have block scenes mostly and some of them ale visible so as i understand should be seen by Alexa.

We can clearly see in manual that scenes could be enable not only by Custom Skill, but Fibaro Smart Home Skills also:

FIBARO Smart Home Skill:
“Activate/turn on [scene name]”

Or i missed something ?

Edited by ocollus

Same for me, don't understand how to control block scenes via Smart Home or Custom Skills... None of them are recognized by Alexa.

On 7.05.2017 at 2:54 PM, John9439 said:

I have the same error and have reported this to Fibaro, but as yet haven't had a reply.

We are investigating this, this might need to be optimized. I will let you know.

On 7.05.2017 at 5:00 PM, adamkorski said:

When are the expected German skills?

We are still working on it. I know, that you'd like to hear some details, but I really cannot tell anything else for now.

On 7.05.2017 at 10:10 PM, ocollus said:

Did you guys find out how to control scenes via Fibaro Smart Home Skills ? My Alexa discovered all devices, but not even one scene. I have block scenes mostly and some of them ale visible so as i understand should be seen by Alexa.

We can clearly see in manual that scenes could be enable not only by Custom Skill, but Fibaro Smart Home Skills also:

FIBARO Smart Home Skill:
“Activate/turn on [scene name]”

Or i missed something ?

First of all: did you add Fibaro custom skill?

Also, according to FAQ: Scene must be visible and active (Manual od Automatic in scene's settings). Magic and Lua Scenes cannot be used with Alexa. Can you confirm that your scenes fit to this description?

34 minutes ago, M.Baranowski said:

Also, according to FAQ: Scene must be visible and active (Manual od Automatic in scene's settings). Magic and Lua Scenes cannot be used with Alexa. Can you confirm that your scenes fit to this description?

Fibaro Custom Skill is installed

I try to activate block scenes that are on automatic mode in scene's settings.

But scenes are not recognized.

37 minutes ago, M.Baranowski said:

Yes i added Custom Skill, but do i need to install Custom Skill to control scenes via Fibaro Smart Home skill ?

Anyway scenes are: built on blocks, visible, active. I have over 100 scenes in a different configurations and none of them is visible by Alexa (but all devices are visible by Alexa).

To be more specific:

I created scene (made only from 2 variables) called "Temperature". After manual pressing this scene my Sonos reads actual temperature.

Now i'm pressing discover devices on Alexa app. It discovers all devices but no scenes at all.

When i say: Alexa activate "temperature" - alexa reads temperature in Seattle of course ;)

When i say: Alexa tell fibaro to activate "temperature" scene she says: "temperature" scene does not exist.

Edited by ocollus

7 minutes ago, M.Baranowski said:

@Brunanchon and @ocollus, can you please send me one or two examples of scenes not being recognized by Alexa? Screenshots would be perfect.

I only use lua scenes. So I created 2 block scenes as test.

You'll find some screenshots hereunder

• Inquirer
  • 4 hours ago, M.Baranowski said:

Magic and Lua Scenes cannot be used with Alexa

Hi @M.Baranowski

Will Lua scnenes be ever supported or is it just Block scenes that are planned to supported in the long term ?

Thanks

_f

@fat, @smprofx and others 

Hi,

I have enabled both skills

When I look at the output from my skills I can only see my devices.

I can also only see my smart home skill listed - Is this normal ?

I created a basic Block Scene (set to automatic) 

How do I discover my block scenes  and where should they appear ?

Thanks

_f

Edited by AutoFrank

@AutoFrank Same is displayed to me, only the Fibaro Smart Home Skill and no mention of the Fibaro Customs Skills. 

When I say to Alexa "Alexa activa Fibaro" it activates however starting a scene is pretty tricky as Alexa most of the time doesn't recognize which scene to run. (Success rate for me is 2 / 10 ... most of the time I give up and take my phone to lunch a scene..).

Controlling the lights like turn on / turn off / set light to works pretty ok,

Scenes should appear inbetween the rest of devices. After you create a scene you have to manually run the Discover Devices ... or wait up to an hour to appear in the list.

For unknown yet reasons not all the block scenes are discovered. Only some ... 

• Inquirer
  • Thanks @smprofx, all of my scenes are lua and it look like they only support block so to run a lua scene I need to block scene....