Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Skill now available in Alexa store

AutoFrank

Question

Hi everyone,

Exciting times ahead..:D:D .

.... @fat spotted that the official Fibaro Skill is now available in the Alexa store.

Hi @T.Konopka - Do we need a new hc2 fw release to be able to leverage this or is it usable straightaway ?

Feedback from anybody getting it successfully running most welcome...

Thanks

-f

PS - I'll be looking this later and will try and create a Tutorial 

PPS - Looks like we don't need new fw, anything after 4.112 will work...

Please login or register to see this attachment.

#

Interesting - activate VD through scenes

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by AutoFrank

1 hour ago, spazpeker said:

No they can be different

But after activating the skill i just login with the fibaro-ID (Mail-Address) and the MasterPassword.
I've read that there might be a problem logging in with the Mail-Adress. But how can i log in just as a normal user??

2 minutes ago, Basti said:

But after activating the skill i just login with the fibaro-ID (Mail-Address) and the MasterPassword.
I've read that there might be a problem logging in with the Mail-Adress. But how can i log in just as a normal user??

@Basti I'm logging in with my email address and there is no problem at all. 

7 minutes ago, AkilliYuva.com said:

@Basti I'm logging in with my email address and there is no problem at all. 

It seems that logging in (with Master-ID) does work, but there are no devices or scenes found  :-(

On 2017-07-01 at 4:48 PM, spazpeker said:

Have you enabled the fibaro skill in the Alexa App ?

Hi Spazpeker,

I did for a while and it found all my devices but since there is a huge delay when using Fibaro skill in Alexa, i uninstalled it and im still using HA Bridge for all my devices.

BR

On 30.06.2017 at 8:53 PM, northyorks said:

All my newly created scenes appear in Alexa but old ones that meet criteria don't?? Any ideas why?

Have you checked in devices, like I suggested before? Did you try to forget and discover all devices?

On 30.06.2017 at 9:23 PM, Basti said:

It seems that logging in (with Master-ID) does work, but there are no devices or scenes found :-(

Did you restart Home Center to re-discover devices?

2 minutes ago, M.Baranowski said:

Have you checked in devices, like I suggested before? Did you try to forget and discover all devices?

Did you restart Home Center to re-discover devices?

Hi, i think i found the issue:
I have had a second homeCenter (an older inactive HCL) in my home.fibaro.com-list (as second in list).
After deleting this second one, the devices where found :-)

Edited by Basti

Hello,

On 30.06.2017 at 4:24 PM, Alex said:

But the scene is listed in the device section and not in the scene section...  Good to know...

It's been fixed, tested and it will be released soon with one of the next releases ;)

• Inquirer
  • 6 minutes ago, T.Konopka said:

it will be released soon with one of the next releases

@T.Konopka

Next release of the skill or the HC2 firmware ?

Will lua scenes be supported through the skill at some future date ?

Thanks

_f

1 hour ago, AutoFrank said:

Next release of the skill or the HC2 firmware ?

Well, I might be mistaken, but apparently the fix is already live. Can you guys check? Scenes and devices should be in correct tabs.

1 hour ago, AutoFrank said:

Will lua scenes be supported through the skill at some future date ?

Unfortunately, they will not be supported. This was decided by Amazon itself. We cannot do anything about it. You can find this information here

Please login or register to see this link.

27th question.

• Inquirer
  • 1 minute ago, T.Konopka said:

Well, I might be mistaken, but apparently the fix is already live. Can you guys check? Scenes and devices should be in correct tabs.

Unfortunately, they will not be supported. This was decided by Amazon itself. We cannot do anything about it. You can find this information here

27th question.

Thanks @T.Konopka, I understand their concerns regarding security but a blanket ban on vd and lua scenes (which I assume is a fibaro decision) makes the integration very limiting. I only use lua scenes as they allow a lot of flexibility and I like others use them to control my lights and music and all things non security related.

Is there any way to allow use of lua scenes and vd's that still meets the directives set out by amazon ?

Question 27 to save people looking it up ...

For your safety Alexa service does not allow to control devices connected with security. Devices of types listed below and scenes that control such devices will not be discovered:
    • Cameras
    • Doorlocks (e.g. Kwikset, Shlage)
    • Intercoms (e.g. Mobotix, Helios)
    • Alarms (e.g. Satel, DSC)
    • Security sensors and barriers (e.g. motion sensors, door sensors)
    • Virtual Devices

Magic and Lua scenes are not supported!

Hi!

I've been using the Alexa skills for several months now, and it has worked well. But yesterday, things started to go wrong. Commands via the normal Fibaro Smart Home Skill resulted in "... is not responding" and no action was taken.

Commands to the Fibaro Custom Skill didn't work either, and got a "I wasn't able to finish the action" reply.

After a while, all (80) devices were "Offline".

I removed the skill, added it again, let it discover, restarted HC2, re-discovered again... nothing worked, none of the devices showed up anymore.

This morning, by some magic, the devices were back. I tried to turn on a light, it worked. But immediately after that, same problem, every command failed with "... is not responding".

So I now have a house full of Fibaro stuff and 6 Echo's, and they no longer talk to each other :-( 

Did something happen yesterday? Were the Fibaro skills updated to a new (problematic) version?

If so, it would be appreciated if there is a pre-warning of downtime, to avoid a terrible waste of time trying to figure out what is happening.

Thanks

Marc

Hi

I too have a similar problem, very new to all of this so dont yet fully understand however, had one dimmer controller working fine via alexa. Tried adding a new RGBW controller and things went wrong. All can be seen and working via the home controller but now alexa cannot dicover anything with same results as Marc. Tried removing alexa skills and devices etc. but no dicovery with either Fibaro skill.

Please can anyone advise with simply instructions ?

Thanks

Eboy

Guest fat
    6 hours ago, AkilliYuva.com said:

Anyone has performance problems? My commands takes 10 seconds to execute.

Yes I have the same problem

• Inquirer
  • 23 minutes ago, Bezan said:

That was main reason why I switched to RPI and node sonos http api :)

me too, I run the http-api and the HA bridge on one Pi