Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sankotronic

Sankotronic Lab - Universal Home Automation System (UHAS™)

Please login or register to see this attachment.

"Fibaro Home Center with UHAS will boldly go where no one has gone before!"

CURRENTLY WORKING ON - LAST UPDATED (28.12.2019)

Currently I'm working on notification center.

NEXT PLANNED WORK

- New lighting module

- add support for Netatmo presence outdoor camera and Netatmo thermostat

PREVIOUS WORK DONE - LAST UPDATED (28/12/2019)

Added support for

Please login or register to see this link.

(Coach). New scene and VD's support any number of the Coaches installed in users home.

Completely made new sets of Philips HUE VD. HUE Group VD now supports HUE scenes. User can select and activate any of the available scenes that are added using Philips HUE original mobile app, check spoiler for picture. AIO VD is now replaced with set of VD's that are suitable for use with bulb type. For example, dimmable bulbs have only brightness and transition speed sliders, while full color bulbs have sliders for brightness, hue, saturation, color temperature and transition speed. 

UPDATED (24/06/2019)

Added logo and new MOTO 

UPDATED (19/06/2019)

New added to UHAS is integration of

and

LIFX integration was demanding since LIFX LAN protocol utilizes UDP/IP communication with binary packets of data in little endian. First version of LIFX Color VD will not include effects support since effects are not available yet as programs, plugins or chunks of data available through API so have to be builded on software platform in this case as part of the LIFX Color VD. Weatherflow station becomes more and more popular for its possibilities and open API so UHAS integration is done. For now Weatherflow Air and Sky modules are supported fully! :-) 

I'm also working on integration of

and

! Due to some new exciting development with UHAS project there will be no time to make stand alone versions of this latest integrations except if there will be really great demand for that :-D 

UPDATED (26/04/2019)

Time flies! Development of UHAS is ongoing, but not at the speed I wanted. Due to my work and other obligations. Still it is time to show progress I made in more than 1 year.

Since pictures are worth thousand words I made new presentation (click to download):  

Here is short overview of UHAS modules:

• TRANSLATION MODULE
    • Global translation scene
    • Select language VD
  • SYSTEM MODULE
    • System Control VD
    • System Status VD
    • IconPreview VD
    • Advanced Battery Check VD
  • NOTIFICATION MODULE
    • HC User Setup VD
    • Message Center VD
  • SCHEDULE MODULE
    • Main scene FTBE
    • Sunrise & Sunset VD
    • Home Status VD
    • Home Timers VD
  • LIGHTING MODULE (in development)
    • VSL scene (In development)
    • VSL Setup VD (In development)
    • Philips HUE Preview VD (now supports HUE scenes for group of bulbs so users can test scenes that are made with Philips HUE original app) NEW 28.12.2019
    • Philips HUE VD (now supports HUE scenes) and different types of bulbs get different VD NEW 28.12.2019
    • Nanoleaf Aurora VD
    • Nanoleaf Canvas VD
    • LIFX Color VD
  • BLINDS MODULE (in alpha development)
    • VSB scene (In development)
    • VSB Setup VD (In development)
  • WEATHER MODULE
    • Netatmo Weather Station scene
    • Netatmo Main indoor module VD
    • Netatmo Outdoor module VD
    • Netatmo Additional indoor Module VD
    • Netatmo Rain sensor VD
    • Netatmo Wind Sensor VD
    • Netatmo Air Quality Monitor (Coach) scene NEW added 28.12.2019
    • Netatmo Air Quality Monitor (Coach) VD NEW added 28.12.2019
    • Weatherflow station scene
    • Weatherflow Air VD
    • Weatherflow Sky VD
    • Advanced Radiation Monitor VD
    • Air Quality VD
  • APPLIANCE MONITORING MODULE
    • Appliance Monitoring scene
    • Appliance Monitoring VD
    • Smarter Coffee (1st gen) VD
  • SECURITY MODULE
    • Still in design phase
  • SAFETY MODULE
    • Still in design phase
  • ALARM CLOCK MODULE
    • Still in design phase
  • PRESENCE MODULE
    • Netatmo Welcome camera scene
    • Netatmo Welcome camera VD
  • SLEEP MODULE
    • Still in design phase
  • IRRIGATION MODULE
    • In planning and hardware building
  • SWIMMING POOL MODULE
    • Pool Control VD
    • Pool consumption VD
  • ENERGY MODULE (tariff part collecting information)
    • Home Energy scene
    • Home Energy VD
  • REPORTS MODULE
    • In planning
  • MULTIMEDIA MODULE
    • Basic remote control VD
    • Sonos Remote VD
    • Sonos API Player VD
  • HVAC MODULE
    • Sensibo AC smart control VD
    • Moodo scent machine VD
  • AI MODULE
    • Can start work on it when all other modules are done

Here are pictures of the latest work:

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

My system at the moment has:

• 28 rooms in 3 sections
  • 104 z-wave devices
  • 78 virtual devices 
  • 67 scenes
  • 4 cameras

I started building my system in December 2015. UHAS idea was born in 2016 when I started sharing some of my work here on forum. Each script I wanted to share, first I had to change to suit other users so I started thinking why not write code that is universal. Serious work on UHAS started in 2017. In that time I was really optimistic that I can make it till the end of 2018. Unfortunately due to my job to which I have to give more than half of my life and also some setbacks either caused by Fibaro new releases or me and my lack of knowledge we are now looking at the end of this year, but more likely first or even second quarter of 2020. Last two months I have invested in rewriting most of the UHAS code due to some limitations of the current HC2. That is now done and I'm ready to continue to do the rest of the modules.Soon I will have to go to my work again for at least four to five weeks, but will continue to work hard on UHAS when I'm back home. 

Besides rewriting UHAS code I have made new Philips HUE VD family that now supports also scenes that are made on Philips original app. So no more HUE AIO VD (all in one) but now there is a family of VD's for control either group of lights with scenes or single bulbs depending on type Color & White ambience, White ambience and Dimmable only. Still HUE Group Control VD is the most advanced one that provides control of complete room or zone with HUE scenes.

UPDATED (04/12/2017)

This is older presentation left for comparison. Latest presentation is on top of this post (click to download): 

(OLD ONE)

Edited by Sankotronic
Latest update
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 6

@Sankotronic, my wife is mad at you already without knowing about this ;)

I for sure am going to enjoy implementing this AND learning from you!

The offer to test thing still stands!

Jim

• Like 1

Exciting news! Simplified installation of Time Based Events, VLS is welcomed especially with so many options to configure through the code!

Aiming high! Remember you have established a solid track record to defend!

• Topic Author
  • UPDATE

Weather State VD:

• Corrected weather icon table to show proper weather status. Expanded choice of icons that can be added. Icons can be easily set by new version of Icon preview VD.
    • Weather can be now retrieved from openweathermap.org and wunderground.com
    • Added 6 day forecast that can be retrieved from both openweathermap.org and wunderground.com
    • Added button for sending weather status notification (main scene can be setup to do that at selected times and days of the week)
    • Main code moved to refresh button which can be pressed by Main scene repeating VD function
    • Multi language support for 24 languages, all that are supported by HC2 plus additional languages selectable by user.
    • Weather Forecast VD added that can display forecast for next 6 days and can send forecast notifications activated by Main scene scheduled VD function

Netatmo weather station scene and VD's

• Further optimized code
    • Added multi language support for 24 languages, all that are supported by HC2 plus additional languages selectable by user.
    • Scene is now updating all VD's so there is no need for any extra code
    • VD's icons can now be set easily with Icon Preview VD

Main scene FTBE

• Optimized code to run synced with HC2 clock.
    • Added delays between scheduled and repeating scenes and VD's to even load on CH2
    • Added multi language support for 24 languages, all that are supported by HC2 plus additional languages selectable by user.
    • All global variables are now added automatically by Sunrise & Sunset VD

Sunrise & Sunset VD, Home status VD and Home Timers VD

• VD's icons can now be set easily with Icon Preview VD
    • VD is taking care of all global variables needed so user doesn't have to do anything about that
    • Global variables are now added under predefined variables panel so cannot be destroyed by SAVE button in variable panel any more.
    • Extended margin times and added fixed times for all periods of day.
    • Removed blinds time control since it will get it's own scene & VD

Translation scene & Select language VD

• Brings support for 24 different languages. Automatically translates scenes and VD's to language selected on HC2 or additional languages selectable with Select language VD. Easy upgrade or translation correction, user just need to copy/ paste and save. It auto runs and takes care that translations are corrected and selected by all scenes and VD's that support this feature.

Very Smart Lights™ scene

Looks promising!

First glance: Wow

I´m hoping that impression lasts when the you release this solution!

Edited by 1152

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, 1152 said:

Looks promising!

First glance: Wow

I´m hoping that impression lasts when the you release this solution!

@1152,

Me too :-) 

• Topic Author
  • Hi all, 

I'm a bit frustrated with Fibaro! It is really unbelievable  how VD's are displayed completely different on web GUI interface, iPhone app, iPad app and when it is open for editing!! Here it is what I mean:

First one is the best, but that you can see only when you open VD for editing. Second is normally opened VD on web GUI. Why can't be same as first one?! Third one is from iPad and it is just slightly better than last one from iPhone because used font is smaller and iPhone is DISASTER!!! 

BTW, on above pictures is Weather forecast VD. It is almost finished but I'm really struggling with what to display and what to remove. Forecast from Wunderground.com is even worse because they have nice but long description that just don't fit on iPhone OLD application with GUI from times when first iPhone came out :huh:

Below is the v2.0 on the Android app. 

Looks better then iPhone. Think that one needs some TLC

Jim

At this moment i'm glad to use android :-)

But agree with @Sankotronic, that the displays shoul'd be at least a bit similar otherwise some information (functionality) may become malformed. Let's hope the Fibaro guys are reading with us.

• Topic Author
  • 1 minute ago, jimicr said:

Below is the v2.0 on the Android app. 

Looks better then iPhone. Think that one needs some TLC

Jim

Hi Jim,

That is definitely much prettier than on iOS. I'm thinking to get one android for testing purposes. Nothing special, fancy shmacy and definitely not too expensive. Maybe some Chinese phablet :-P Do you have any recommendations?

BTW, is it possible that you are still running beta version of Weather State VD? o.O

Just now, Sankotronic said:

Hi Jim,

That is definitely much prettier than on iOS. I'm thinking to get one android for testing purposes. Nothing special, fancy shmacy and definitely not too expensive. Maybe some Chinese phablet :-P Do you have any recommendations?

BTW, is it possible that you are still running beta version of Weather State VD? o.O

Get any running Marshmallow at least. 

I am not running the Beta, I copied over the main loop when the stable came but forgot to change the name of the VD :roll:

And just notced when you pointed it out :)

• Topic Author
  • 1 minute ago, Bodyart said:

At this moment i'm glad to use android :-)

But agree with @Sankotronic, that the displays shoul'd be at least a bit similar otherwise some information (functionality) may become malformed. Let's hope the Fibaro guys are reading with us.

I really doubt that they really reading anything. I send PM to one of the admins with request for help with attachment quota being full and NOTHING! At the end I had to delete half of the content posted during the last year and it took me half of the night to do that. I had to go through all my attachments and posts one by one and every time with difficult decision to delete or not but I had to make some space for this new solution.

1 minute ago, Sankotronic said:

I really doubt that they really reading anything. I send PM to one of the admins with request for help with attachment quota being full and NOTHING! At the end I had to delete half of the content posted during the last year and it took me half of the night to do that. I had to go through all my attachments and posts one by one and every time with difficult decision to delete or not but I had to make some space for this new solution.

Maybe stupid idea, but you could use google drive of dropbox ect to host and just allow downloading and not editing...

• Topic Author
  • 6 minutes ago, jimicr said:

Get any running Marshmallow at least. 

I am not running the Beta, I copied over the main loop when the stable came but forgot to change the name of the VD :roll:

And just notced when you pointed it out :)

:-D:-D marshmallow? I like to eat them not run them :-D:-D 

Well, for this new version that is still cooking in my lab, you will probably be able to copy/paste code, but also you will have to add two buttons. Will try to make upgrade easy as much as possible and maybe make it possible to skip importing complete VD all over again.