Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sankotronic Lab - Universal Home Automation System (UHAS™)(PUBLISHED)

Sankotronic

Thanks. Was just wondering what your motivation was a do it this way :)

this sound awesome! I came here in order to update Main scene for time based events SCENE and I've got a big suprise!

I can't wait till Christimas :-( This is common with some "artists", they are not releasing their art until it is super finished, because they consider it is never finished... This is a common mistake, because we should enjoy your work sooner :-)

Maybe you can share step after step? even it's beta?

Anyway I would like to thank you a lot for sharing it with community!!

• Topic Author
  • Hello @dimae,

And thank you very much for support and kind words. I will do my best to get solution out as soon as humanly possible. But it is not only code that I have to make right, I will also have to explain how to use it and contribute if anyone would be interested. At the end, I have to do documentation even for my self because there is already thousands of lines of code that I have to get along with and it is getting harder.

Fingers crossed, I hope I will do 90% of the Pool State VD today. For those 10% I still have to include some devices and do connections in machinery room.

After that I'm going to have a nice holiday with my family and then back to developing system that I described here.

hello @Sankotronic and thanks for update and taking your personal time for explanations :-)

I am currently working today with your current scene and I like a lot, for that reason I decided to ask

I understand that you should make instructions because with some time you will forgot details, it is totally normal. It is happening to me

I don't have high level, but it this helps, I can try or test, not sure because you have a ton of supporters with higher level.

Have a nice holidays with your family and see you soon :-)

• Topic Author
  • Thank you @dimae and enjoy! :-) 

I will regularly post here as I progress with the system!

• Topic Author
  • Pool State VD is almost finished. There are some more things to be done regarding levels of chemicals and ventilation fan. I'm testing it for the pump Timer and Automatic mode. Pool light is already automated with other garden lights. Here are pictures how it looks now (subject to change for final version):

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2017_07/597b80d581a6b_PoolStateVDgui.jpg.a146c1ce229e2f22c735c38f5ff93f57.jpg" alt="597b80d581a6b_PoolStateVDgui.jpg.a146c1ce229e2f22c735c38f5ff93f57.jpg" />

Please login or register to see this attachment.

If you have any suggestions keep them for yourself since VD is almost finished :-D:-D Just kidding :-)

What scene are you using for your garden lights. At the moment I'm using vsl triggered by motion or gate sensors... unless you have something better tucked away in your ha cupboard...

• Topic Author
  • 53 minutes ago, Edb said:

What scene are you using for your garden lights. At the moment I'm using vsl triggered by motion or gate sensors... unless you have something better tucked away in your ha cupboard...

Hi @Edb,

There is nothing better than VSL scene :-) During summer our garden lights are triggered with sunset time to turn on and when we go to sleep then they are turned off. When weather get cold and we are not enjoying our garden anymore then we use scene controller to turn them on when needed. Our entrance outside lights are turned on with doors and for that one I already use VLS scene. :-) 

But when I finish new version of VLS scene that will be also adopted for outside lighting then I will use only VSL scene for all our lighting needs.

7 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @Edb,

There is nothing better than VSL scene :-) 

There nothing better than being proudone of ur work:)

Can't wait for the new version.. any ideas on whenergy it will grace our hc2''s

:)

• Topic Author
  • 36 minutes ago, Edb said:

There nothing better than being proudone of ur work:)

Can't wait for the new version.. any ideas on whenergy it will grace our hc2''s

:)

Patience is a virtue :-) 

3 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

Patience is a virtue :-) 

You know that's an interesting statement .. my dad always used to say it to me when I was a little kid... and now.. many years later ur comment .. just proves that I still haven't learned to master patience.. :).. so spill the beans.. HOW MUCH LONGER!!!!!!!!!!!.. I CANT WAIT ANY MORE!!!!!!!!! LOL

• Topic Author
  • Hello all,

Something is rolling behind the hill, might be stones :-) For those that are inpatient here is first part of the Main scene FTBE setup part to study:

Please login or register to see this code.

If you check above code carefully then you probably noticed settings for outside light sensor! Yep, that is additional feature coming with new system. I want to have it same as you do. I still have to finish implementing this feature since it requires some time to experiment with settings.

Also you can notice in SCHEDULED VD SETUP part that I have two VD's for weather forecast and I have setup four different times to receive forecast. Neat! :-) One forecast is from Openweathermap and the other is from Wunderground :-P 

Here is also a glimpse of VSL scene setup where you can see new possibility to setup different colors for HUE and RGBW lights for different parts of day. But also all of you that already use VSL scene can notice that most of the HUE settings is gone! Upsss.. don't worry, those settings are now moved to HUE virtual device so if you use HUE VD in its default arrangement then there is nothing more needed to setup. Everything what is needed like type of the HUE lamp or version, HUE VD will tell to VSL scene!

Also it will be possible to setup different RGBW programs for different parts of day for whole week and also different colors settings! Ok, here is that part of the code:

Core part of the system is of course Translation scene and VD. Here is introduction of that scene with listed supported languages and what predefined global variables are automatically translated when other language is selected:

Please login or register to see this code.

And here is picture of language selection VD:

597cdfa388dc4_SelectlanguageVD.jpg.ec9c111e7fbbc0f59364a5386eb04350.jpg

Of course this VD is to select languages which are not supported by HC2. If your language is supported by HC2 you will still need to install this VD since it is taking care to detect what language is selected on HC2 and then tells all other VD's to change language.

Even I still have to do some code cleaning and tuning these scenes are almost ready or ready for.... ready for.... ready for... posting:

SCENES

• Translation scene
    • Main scene FTBE™
    • Netatmo weather station scene
    • Very Smart Light™ scene
    • Universal Alarm scene
    • Alarm Clock scene
    • Appliance monitoring scene
    • Check Doors & Windows status scene
    • Power Failure Monitoring scene

VIRTUAL DEVICES

• Language selection VD
    • Sunrise & Sunset VD
    • Home Status VD
    • Home Timers VD
    • Weather Status VD
    • Weather Forecast VD
    • Netatmo Indoor Base module VD
    • Netatmo Outdoor module VD
    • Netatmo Rain sensor VD
    • Netatmo Wind sensor VD
    • Netatmo Additional Indoor module VD
    • VSL State VD
    • Philips HUE Setup VD
    • Philips HUE Color Ambience VD
    • Philips HUE White Ambience VD
    • Philips HUE Dimmable only VD
    • Alarm Clock VD
    • Home Energy™ VD
    • Appliance Energy™ VD
    • Pool State VD
    • Holiday Lights VD
    • VD Icon setup VD (former Icon Preview VD)
    • System Status VD

There is still a long way ahead for me, since there is still many thing to do, but about that some other time. It is time now to take a break.

Kind regards and enjoy! :-) 

Sankotronic

• Topic Author
  • 46 minutes ago, Bodyart said:

Hi @Sankotronic, teasing us, he?

Of course, check title of this thread :-D 

• Topic Author
  • 4 minutes ago, Bodyart said:

Hi @Sankotronic,

which sensor are you using for outside?

Hi @Bodyart,

if you asking about motion sensors then I plan to use Fibaro's FGMS-001 and/or Aeon MS6. They will be installed on place where no rain or direct sun can reach them. Cold weather is another problem, but I have installed Vision siren on such place that is for indoor use and it survived with no problem two winters. I also do know that battery capacity can drop on cold weather but I didn't have problems with Vision siren so I expect the same with this sensors. Besides in winter we have just a week of temperatures bellow zero and mostly is between 3 and 10ºC.

2 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

if you asking about motion sensors then I plan to use Fibaro's FGMS-001 and/or Aeon MS6.

Hi @Sankotronic,

regarding the battery usage, i woul'd prefer Aeon, because it can be powered by USB power supply instead of batteries....

• Topic Author
  • Just now, Bodyart said:

Hi @Sankotronic,

regarding the battery usage, i woul'd prefer Aeon, because it can be powered by USB power supply instead of batteries....

You are right about that, but usually there is no electricity available to connect USB supply on such places (except if you had renovation lately with sensors in mind). I can easily add cable at my barbecue place since roof is made of wood and I don't mind wiring be visible to our eyes, but at the entrance door and terrace that can be a problem and FGMS-001 seems to me like a better choice at the moment. Besides I really want to test it outside. :-) 

BTW

Keep in mind that USB powered sensors are dead when house power is down. So to have them running on some sort of UPS or big battery I have to change existing wiring which lead us to drilling and digging that I definitely don't want to do on my new house. This is the main reason why i have chosen Fibaro wireless system over wired one.

• 2 weeks later...
    On 31-7-2017 at 9:48 AM, Sankotronic said:

Keep in mind that USB powered sensors are dead when house power is down

Yes ofcourse, unless you power them by solar panels, hhh :P

• 1 month later...
  • Topic Author
  • Hello all!

Due to the summer vacation and my job progress on new universal HA system was slow. When I could find some time I was mostly busy with cleaning bugs and improving some small things.

At the moment I'm busy with making VD for Nanoleaf Aurora lights. I get one basic package with nine panels. I'm must write that I'm amazed how beautiful colors this lights have and all those effects and stuff. Open API seems quite easy and I hope that VD will be soon finished. There is only one catch, it will need Translation scene and VD to work. Also it will support and need Icon Preview VD for setting up icons.

Here it is how it looks now:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2017_09/Nanoleaf_gui_solid.jpg.15b5926b519382ccf6655e0550f017f9.jpg" alt="Nanoleaf_gui_solid.jpg.15b5926b519382ccf6655e0550f017f9.jpg" />

Nanoleaf_gui_effect.jpg.75b8feb09d041852d77d32552467a599.jpg

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Some of the features of the VD:

• Separated On and Off buttons
    • VD will refresh status of the light even it was controlled by some other app.
    • Automatic refreshing of the effects list. Any changes made to the list of effects in original app will be updated in this VD.
    • Possibility to loop through effects and activation of selected effect with Select button.
    • Using sliders for Hue or Saturation will automatically change Aurora to Solid color hs mode.
    • Using Color temperature slider will automatically change Aurora to Solid color ct mode.
    • Aurora can be turned on with brightness slider if value changed.
    • VD updates icon depending on mode. In hs and ct mode shows icon in 0-100% different brightness like Philips HUE VD or colorized icon if effect is running.

If you have any wishes or requests or suggestions please write them here. THANK YOU!

• Sankotronic changed the title to Sankotronic Lab - Universal Home Automation System (UHAS™)(PUBLISHED)