Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sankotronic Lab - Universal Home Automation System (UHAS™)(PUBLISHED)

Sankotronic

Hi @Sankotronic

I like to distinguish between "normal" effects and rhythm effects and also to be able to delete an effect from the VD.

How do you like Aurora the richness of the colours and the luminance?

In a later stage I would like to be able to define  (evt.) also some effects directly from VD and /or adjust some effect parameters. I can not specify the last whish since I don't have access to my Aurora at the moment. Will come back to it when I'll return from holiday

Hi @Sankotronic

I like to distinguish between "normal" effects and rhythm effects and also to be able to delete an effect from the VD.

In a later stage I would like to be able to define  (evt.) also some effects directly from VD and /or adjust some effect parameters. I can not specify the last whish since I don't have access to my Aurora at the moment. Will come back to it when I'll return from holiday

• Topic Author
  • 4 hours ago, Bodyart said:

Hi @Sankotronic

Hi @Bodyart,

I will eventually add difference between normal and rhythm effects when I get one of the Rhythm modules. Manipulation with the effects I don't plan to add to VD because this is not something that we will do daily and original app has everything that is needed. Not to mention complexity of this lights and their configuration. Don't forget that there is no way you can show orientation and configuration of the panels on HC web GUI and color selection palette. Is this what you thought with your wish or I have gone too far?

Hi @Sankotronic,

I meant mainly adjusting parameters of the effects like you can do in the app I. E. Speed, and type of effect like flood, explode etc....

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, Bodyart said:

Hi @Sankotronic,

I meant mainly adjusting parameters of the effects like you can do in the app I. E. Speed, and type of effect like flood, explode etc....

Ah ok, now I understand. Will look into it :-) 

• Topic Author
  • Hello dear Fibaro users,

As you know Fibaro introduced new so called "FEATURE" to Location services which forcibly reboots our homes if time or time zone is changed. This so called "FEATURE" also made Clock Sync VD unusable since it reboots our homes every time when tries to synchronize clock that still drifts due to an old and never solved bug by now obviously incompetent Fibaro development team.

Due to this nonsense introduced with betas 1.136 and 1.140 (yes, for me 1.140 is beta) I have now to spent more time finding solution how to sync clock on HC without reboot so all other work is put aside at the moment.

My work was also interrupted before by Fibaro development team. Just to mention bug with VD icons disappearing, limitations to LUA code length, limitations of global variables and inability to keep table formatted values that are natural for LUA programming language and other nonsense or bugs that are regularly introduced with each new firmware release.

If you are interested you can find more about my state of mind here:

• Topic Author
  • Hi @Bodyart,

Unfortunately Bugaro time is already for a long time and I was trying to get it working and mostly managed. But I'm getting tired of this bug factory.

Unfortunately it's buggy like MS Windows.... not a reliable system to have your home depend on it...... Will it ever become stable and reliable, or stay like micro$oft ?!?

• 4 weeks later...

Sankotronic, now, that Fibaro marketplace is online, I believe you gonna be famouse around the world for your work :)

1 hour ago, HomeSystem.sk said:

Sankotronic, now, that Fibaro marketplace is online, I believe you gonna be famouse around the world for your work :)

@HomeSystem.sk what marketplace are you talking about? did I miss something important ? :)

Please login or register to see this link.

Not sure if it is officially out, but probably yes as I got this info from two sources :D

Dnia 7.06.2017 o 17:40, AutoFrank napisał:

@Bodyart, @lennypenny, @Sankotronic

I'm incorporating some of this data into my HC2 resource VD

it's a quick change and should be done this evening..

I also have triggers to send messages if over threshold, It's a bit rough and wouldn't be forum quality plus it reuses some of another persons work but could PM it around if people want it...

looks like this..

Please login or register to see this attachment.

@AutoFrank could you send it to me?

Thank a lot!

On 21/07/2017 at 10:22 AM, Sankotronic said:

Hi @RubberDuck,

If everything goes well I hope it will be published before end of this year.

Morning @Sankotronic, can't wait for the new updates.. I am moving house before Christmas so my "Angelica" Powered by Sanktronic V1 needs to be boxed up and completely installed in a new house.. that is going to be extremley time consuming, I considered not bothering, but the wife tells me VSL in all rooms in a MINIMUM requirement in any house she now lives in!!

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • 7 hours ago, shaunfrost said:

Morning @Sankotronic, can't wait for the new updates.. I am moving house before Christmas so my "Angelica" Powered by Sanktronic V1 needs to be boxed up and completely installed in a new house.. that is going to be extremley time consuming, I considered not bothering, but the wife tells me VSL in all rooms in a MINIMUM requirement in any house she now lives in!!

Hi @shaunfrost,

You get me with "your wife minimum requirement!"  :-D 

Will do my best to get out with at least first part of the UHAS™ system which includes Translation scene and VD, FTBE™ scene with Sunrise & Sunset VD, VSL™ Scene with Philips HUE VD and Nanoleaf Aurora VD and Weather State and Forecast VD with Netatmo scene.

So there is no vacation for me when I came back home in a week time!

Cheers! :-) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, shaunfrost said:

Hey @shaunfrost, i am in the same boat. My system looks like a graveyard and "Medusa" is a very expensive timer to turn the light of the fishtank on and off :)

Jim

@Sankotronic

After having used another Z-wave controller due to a motherboard failure on the Fibaro HC2, I'm now back using the HC2. I had all kinds of issues with the other brand this summer. I'm using your VSL scenes, TBE and everything is now working beautifully.

I'm looking very much forward to test your new developments!

Thank you!

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • Hello all!

I have started with beta testing of UHAS™ system that I'm working on and some of it was described here. I'm looking for beta testers that can sacrifice some of their time to check and play with first part of this system.

Before you decide to be beta tester or even user of the UHAS™ System please read carefully following information that I share with you in good will:

UHAS system is based on my previous work, but it moves it further. Still, it is not entirely compatible with current versions of my scenes and virtual devices. This means that when you install for example UHAS Main scene FTBE with it's companion VD's it is possible that some other scene and VD'S that uses global variables from this list:

Please login or register to see this code.

Will stop work or will not work as expected. This is because UHAS translate all predefined global variables to the language that is selected on your HC2 or by Select Language VD which brings some more languages that are not by default available on HC2. This can be avoided if you do some preparations that I will explain during beta testing.

Also new VSL™ scene is not backward compatible so you will have to replace current scenes with UHAS version, but new version setup is simplified as much as possible. New VSL scene will also not work with current version of Philips HUE VD so you will have to replace all VD's with new version 3.0, but new version of Philips HUE VD is very simple to setup (only requires to set hue bridge user key and HUE bulb ID or HUE light group ID on ONE place). Setting up VD icons will also be very easy by using VD Icon Preview that allows now to setup icons to UHAS compatible VD's. Same set of icons can be copied to all other same VD's.

If you are user that have your system up and running and are happy with it there is no any advantage to migrate to UHAS™ System! Or maybe still there is... ;-) 

EDIT

UHAS (Universal Home Automation System for HC2) is now changed to not influence your current HC2 setup! Installation is completely independent and will not in anyway influence HC2 operability and functionality even if you use my current scenes and virtual devices!

If you are newbie user to Fibaro and are looking to setup your system with some ease and are not willing or have time to learn LUA, but still want to enjoy all benefits that LUA offers then maybe this is what you were looking for. Most of the UHAS scenes and VD's will be easy to install and setup. It will be automatically translated to your language, most of the necessary settings will be done automatically. Of course there are always some settings in code that will require your attention, but with provided help and examples that should not be a problem.

What UHAS may bring to you at this moment and near future?

• Automatic translation of all VD's, Scenes and predefined global variables to your selected language without any effort from your side
    • Basic scheduling for most important activities regarding time of day, month and year that is needed to better automate lighting and other actions
    • Automation of all lighting that supports dimmers, switches, wall plugs, Philips HUE, Nanoleaf Aurora with Ambilight scenes, known as Very Smart Lights™ scene or VSL™ scene.
    • Weather State and Weather forecast that uses openweathermap.org and wunderground.com services with popup and push messages
    • Support for Netatmo weather station
    • Support for Philips HUE lights, Nanoleaf Aurora lights
    • Support for Smarter Coffee machine
    • Fibaro HC system status with notifications
    • Home energy consumption (basic version at the moment) with Aeotec HEM
    • Devices battery status reports and notifications
    • Monitoring appliances (washing machine, dryer, etc.) status with notifications
    • Flooding alarm and notifications
    • Fire alarm and notifications
    • CO alarm and notifications
    • Doors and windows status check with notifications

What is planned for UHAS in the future (hopefully not too far one)?

• Alarm clock with multiple alarms and selection who to Wakeup with Wakeup lights and Wakeup Music
    • Notification center with short reminders sent as push messages or TTS messages
    • Burglar alarm with Present AT Home Mimicking or PATHM™ system (VSL™ scene is PATHM™ system ready)
    • Advanced Home Energy Consumption (AHEC™) system
    • Irrigation or watering system solely based on Fibaro devices replacing Sprinklers panel
    • Swimming pool control

There are more plans on my ToDo list, but even this is already above my head since I can work on the UHAS system only when I'm on leave (not working) which is half of the year. But I will also make possible for other enthusiasts to easily modify their work to be compatible with UHAS™ System on their request.

Thank you very much for your time and patience!

Enjoy your HA! :-) 

Edited by Sankotronic
    • Like 4

• Sankotronic changed the title to Sankotronic Lab - Universal Home Automation System (UHAS™)(PUBLISHED)