Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sankotronic Lab - Universal Home Automation System (UHAS™)(PUBLISHED)

Sankotronic

• Topic Author
  • 12 hours ago, 1152 said:

@Sankotronic End of 1st Q 2018 arriving and so is Easter. For those of us that is looking forward to the UHAS release  - would you be kind enough to update us on the status, progress and roadmap?

Best,

Hi @1152,

First three modules (Translation, Schedule and Lighting) are still ongoing beta testing. There are some issues that needs to be resolved which influence other modules development. Weather module beta testing is expected to be started at the end of this month together with some other parts of extra module.

The hardest part is to minimize user settings that is needed to be done inside the code. It takes more time than I anticipated due to some HC2 restrictions. Making such user friendly system that can work out of the box is not an easy task. I just hope that Fibaro will not make some drastic changes to the HC firmware that will require extra time to adapt code to the new configuration as it already happened with some upgrades in the past. Due to the above mentioned, I don't expect that UHAS will be published before end of this year. 

Thank you for your interest in my work and sorry if my answer is not satisfying to you.

I will do my best to make it sooner with invaluable help from many members of this forum and support form Fibar group.

• Like 1

@Sankotronic Thank you for the update. The timeline is not what we all hoped for, but I have no problem understanding that UHAS involves a lot of hard work. Happy testing!

• 4 weeks later...

@Sankotronic thank you for sharing all this personal effort with all! I'm a newbie on fibaro but you helped me a lot to understand the basics using your VD/Sences.

I understand that you want to keep it simple and focus only on the part of fibaro. I see that @Lambik build a basic NodeRED sence 

I played a bit with this scene and I found it is too easy to build very easy a bridge with multiple other apps/devices/services. Right now I use a very basic flow that receives messages from fibaro via http in node and triggers a RGB led or even Google Home /chromecast device for TTS actions.

@Lambik and @Sankotronic may build a HUGE ecosystem for all (fingers crossed)!

Please consider this chance guys and hope we all mortals get a Universal NodeRED bridge combined with UHAS. 

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Hi @korniza,

UHAS primary goal is to provide new users with simple to setup but advanced HA with HC2 without needing to learn programming in LUA. For that reason for now I'm keeping UHAS independent of other solutions that need at least basic understanding of building servers and buying additional hardware like raspberry PI or similar. That of course does not mean that UHAS will be closed system and it will be possible to extend it with solutions like @Lambik Node-Red or similar. 

Also, for those users that will be interested I will also make UHAS DevKit with some tools that will speed up making UHAS compatible scenes and VD's.

On 24-4-2017 at 4:19 PM, Sankotronic said:

UHAS presentation.pdf

@Sankotronic Can repost the document, please? The link is not working.

• Topic Author
  • 5 hours ago, Lambik said:

@Sankotronic Can repost the document, please? The link is not working.

Hi @Lambik,

I have uploaded again presentation and link should work now. I will make new presentation in two weeks when I'm back home from work to reflect latest development.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Topic Author
  • Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_01/UHASLOGO320pixBLACK.gif.6d47cad8cd1f77a9c607f5a4982aae42.gif" width="153" alt="UHASLOGO320pixBLACK.gif.6d47cad8cd1f77a9c607f5a4982aae42.gif" />

LATEST NEWS

Hello all!

Sometimes no news means good news! :-) Sorry for not reporting here more often, but I'm very busy with UHAS development and using all my spare time for it.

At the moment first four HUAS modules are still in beta testing (Translation, Schedule, Lighting and Weather module). This beta testing helped me a lot to see what problems can users encounter during installation, configuration and usage.  Here are some facts:

• INSTALLATION - Still the biggest problem during installation are icons. It takes just too much time to add all icons the way Fibaro make it. There are some solutions here on forum that gives possibility to download icons directly from some sever to HC2 and seems very interesting, but for UHAS it will have to be adopted. Plan is to have just one VD with scene which users will install and then use to select what UHAS modules they want to install and the rest will be automated. I have to do a lot of testing on this one so be patient.
    • CONFIGURATION - Configuration done inside code, specially if it is a bit more complicated like for Very Smart Lights™ scene can sometimes give a lot of problems to users that are not familiar with programming. Besides, when configuration is kept inside code then it can't be changed by other VD's and scenes which is pity. Since UHAS primarily goal is to bring automation to everyone I decided to mostly abandon configuration inside code and move it to VD that will store all configurations in global variables. This is achievable but I have to completely rewrite UHAS Lighting and Schedule modules which will in return postpone UHAS release date.
    • USAGE - I didn't received much of the complaints on UHAS functionality after configuration was done successfully. I still have to communicate with my beta testers to see code impact to overall performance of HC2. At the moment I'm working hard to greatly optimize code and have some really nice improvements like possibility to use common functions (chunks of code) among all VD's and scenes. Besides that, UHAS is also getting new System module that will enable users to either stop/restart complete UHAS or just one or several modules, and also turn on/off different levels of debugging messages in case that is needed to get help from UHAS support team.

Due to some big changes that I have to do I will soon publish updated UHAS presentation with some new information and roadmap. First roadmap was a bit too optimistic and was done on the calculation that code from that time is good enough. Due to some bugs that could lead to complete slowdown of HC2 I had to do optimization which lead to some more nice ideas and functionality that I just have to build into UHAS system.

Thank you all for patience and support.

Kind regards

Sankotronic

Here is the latest look and feel of the UHAS Weather module:

1000350017_UHASweathermodule.jpg.9cb109d7b4dadfc1a78b4f7a040ab337.jpg

• Like 6

Hi @Sankotronic

You are doing a great job. I have a lot respect for you because your share your knowledge!!

Indeed the upload of icons should be made easier. This is a very time-consuming proces, but what I don't understand is why a the people of Fibaro don't help you... THEY ALSO READ THIS FORUM! 

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Sjekke

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Sometimes RED 

Edited by Sjekke

Fibaro has a lot of nice stuff and an overall fairly nice GUI. A surprise then that the icons that make such an impact on the overall enduser experience are so limited in standard config and not better supported for upgrades and expansions. 

• Topic Author
  • Actually HC2 icon system is ok for some small systems done on HC2 itself, but for solutions like UHAS it is nightmare. What is the use of automatic installation if user still have to add manually big number of icons? But there is also solution for that just needs to be done correctly and will require extensive testing and I need to first setup server that will keep all files (code and icons) to be downloaded to HC2. There are some security issues that I need to handle properly first too.

I still prefer to have possibility to install UHAS from local source since there are users that don't like HC2 to be connected directly to internet for privacy and security reasons which I greatly respect!

4 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

Actually HC2 icon system is ok for some small systems done on HC2 itself, but for solutions like UHAS it is nightmare. What is the use of automatic installation if user still have to add manually big number of icons? But there is also solution for that just needs to be done correctly and will require extensive testing and I need to first setup server that will keep all files (code and icons) to be downloaded to HC2. There are some security issues that I need to handle properly first too.

I still prefer to have possibility to install UHAS from local source since there are users that don't like HC2 to be connected directly to internet for privacy and security reasons which I greatly respect!

You need to setup a real server or just some internet space?

Hi @Sankotronic,

You mentioned in your presentation that the System Status VD is part of UHAS. Is it me ... because I don’t see in it the Beta group.

• 1 month later...

Hi @wojtas810,

@Sankotronic mentioned preliminary end of 2018, but in general when it's ready. Currently some modules are undergoing beta testing already :-)

Edited by Bodyart
    • Like 1

• 5 months later...
    12 minutes ago, CrazyCreator said:

Without reading all content in this thread: Can i download this, or not?

No, not yet unfortunately.  The code is still going thru active development and BETA testing.

@Sankotronic will let us all know when its available. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Topic Author
  • I have published Nanoleaf Aurora VD, Philips HUE AIO VD, Weather State and Forecast VD and Advanced Radiation Monitor VD on 

Please login or register to see this link.

as a stand alone versions just to give a glimpse to the UHAS capabilities. These standalone versions are simple to configure and UHAS versions are even more simple thanks to interconnections between different modules and shared resources. Depending on future improvements of HC2 firmware this could be even more advanced that it is at this moment.

• Like 4
    • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

I have published Nanoleaf Aurora VD, Philips HUE AIO VD, Weather State and Forecast VD and Advanced Radiation Monitor VD on 

Please login or register to see this link.

as a stand alone versions just to give a glimpse to the UHAS capabilities. These standalone versions are simple to configure and UHAS versions are even more simple thanks to interconnections between different modules and shared resources. Depending on future improvements of HC2 firmware this could be even more advanced that it is at this moment.

Hi Sanko,

does the  new HUE VD 3.0 work with VSL 1.4.2 ?

Installed it a week ago for some Osram RGB Bulbs, but figured out that it seems not to be able to control the VD.

• Topic Author
  • 11 minutes ago, Basti said:

Hi Sanko,

does the  new HUE VD 3.0 work with VSL 1.4.2 ?

Installed it a week ago for some Osram RGB Bulbs, but figured out that it seems not to be able to control the VD.

Hi @Basti ,

Unfortunately new version of HUE VD does not work properly with VSL 1.4.2. I didn't have enough time to upgrade standalone VSL scene so for now it works only with UHAS compatible VSL scene. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Sankotronic changed the title to Sankotronic Lab - Universal Home Automation System (UHAS™)(PUBLISHED)