Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sankotronic Lab - Universal Home Automation System (UHAS™)(PUBLISHED)

Sankotronic

8 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @Basti ,

Unfortunately new version of HUE VD does not work properly with VSL 1.4.2. I didn't have enough time to upgrade standalone VSL scene so for now it works only with UHAS compatible VSL scene. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No problem, thank you.

• 2 months later...
  • Topic Author
  • 5 hours ago, Arnold said:

How is it going?

Hi @Arnold ,

It is going slower than I wanted, but I'm busy with UHAS and I'm investing most of my available time. I will give more information in April and hopefully have RC (release candidate) published to beta testers with most important modules finished.

• Like 2
    • Thanks 1

Hi @Sankotronic ,

I'm waiting for the UHAS and looking forward to it. For sure it will be brilliant. I'm using VSL and it is reallllllly great. Thankyou, thank youfor that :-).

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Sanktonic

Cant wait im sitting here with my HC2 so stuffed up that im going to start again but just waiting for this to come out? any chance for a paid beta test ? more then happy to pay some your way

I think we are quite a crowd eagerly waiting for the announced system to materialize. I doubt @Sankotronic will approach it the Fibaro way though...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • Working hard on UHAS since there is still a lot of work to be done. Unfortunately some modules like weather module I have to rewrite since there where some changes in availability of weather services. I have also added some new VD's to check air quality and radiation.

Lighting module I'm also rewriting from scratch to make it more easy to setup and to bring some more exciting lighting experience. Users that use my VSL scene know how difficult can be to set it up and that I want to simplify to the maximum possible extent.

I hope to give more information on progress in the following weeks!

Thank you very much for your interest in UHAS!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sankotronic said:

Working hard on UHAS since there is still a lot of work to be done. Unfortunately some modules like weather module I have to rewrite since there where some changes in availability of weather services. I have also added some new VD's to check air quality and radiation.

Lighting module I'm also rewriting from scratch to make it more easy to setup and to bring some more exciting lighting experience. Users that use my VSL scene know how difficult can be to set it up and that I want to simplify to the maximum possible extent.

hi,,

May I have the latest VD please. 

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
    On 4/10/2019 at 2:35 PM, Sankotronic said:

Working hard on UHAS since there is still a lot of work to be done. Unfortunately some modules like weather module I have to rewrite since there where some changes in availability of weather services. I have also added some new VD's to check air quality and radiation.

Best Sankotronic,

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for al the hard work you already shared with us! Because of your shares I made my choice to install Fibaro in my house! Your ideas how to automate a house are the same as me but only my problems is I'm not having the knowledge to program it with Lua.

In my Daily job I install domotica systems like Control 4, Crestron, Knx and wen I am finished the programmers are coming to install the brain.

With UHAS coming on his way I can finally have my own Homeautomation system instead of only installing it for my job!

I'm so excited to start up your UHAS!

Thank you and also all the other people who made it possible for us who don't have any Lua program knowledge to let us have a own homeautomation system!

Thank you!

Edited by liefzijn

Hi Sankotronic, if you have an EA version i would love to test it. 

• Topic Author
  • Hi All,

I have updated first post with latest status on UHAS and NEW PRESENTATION. You are welcomed to download and check. There is also updated roadmap.

Best regards

Sankotronic :-) 

• Like 2
    • Thanks 2

Dude! Its awesome! and I cant wait to try it out!

But I am wondering if this whole UHAS project will be ready ever? 

I mean, all those modules! It ALOT!

Chances are, by the time your at the last module something will break in the first module because of updates of Fibaro.

And you can start all over again...

Isnt it possible to release a basic set of modules as a sort of core modules, and expand the system over time?

What a great job, because Fibaro could sometimes cut off a slice of. ;)

If version 5 of the firmware appears, you probably still have to adjust everything.

My guess is yes, it comes the same UI as in the Home Center Software

Great concept, and already a lot of good work apparently! You have a lot of people waiting for this... I do understand that you like to test it extensively, and I do understand that a minimum of core modules has to be ready to launch it, but as pointed out it would be a shame if it ends up being to late...

PS A small error/double entry in your presentation on page 11 in pdf. Weather Forecast VD listed twice.

So keep up the good work, people are "starving"!!!

• Topic Author
  • Hi all and thank you for your interest in UHAS.

I understand your fear that UHAS will never be finished. In reality it will never be finished! :-) Thanks to code unification and using functions written in the way that can be reused, coding of UHAS is speeding up.

Still, writing universal code that can be used in different situations and still does not require users to do any settings or change in code is not easy task. This require a lot of prediction of different situations, planning, coding and testing that sometimes take, a lot of time.

Once modules are done, they can still be expanded with more code after publication. Of course I'm still looking for the best way how to distribute UHAS and updates. The hard part is icon installation. There are some solutions to download icons to HC2, but that is not enough for system like UHAS, since it must be possible to install complete set of VD's, scenes and icons at once.

I'm also working on UHAS SDK, a set of snippets (code parts) that users will be able to use to either quickly make new VD's and scenes or can modify existing VD's and scenes to be UHAS compatible and use UHAS advantages.

There is always chance that new HC2 update will force me to do some changes (it already happened in the past), but since I unified code for certain actions it will be easy to update. I also hope that Fibaro will enable few LUA functions that can be used to have common code shared among VD's and scenes because then development, debugging and upgrades will be even more simple.

• Like 5

@Sankotronic, Ahead of the summer, it may be worth revising the release date of the software for watering? Why will it be needed at the end of the fall?

Maybe because he has other development priorities. After all, he does that all generously free of charge, you should never forget that! @Sankotronic is not a fibaro employee, only a brilliant mind, sharing his skills with everybody in this community.

i am waiting for the UAHS since he first announced it, but I don‘t understand people pushing him all the time! If you think you can do it better, then do it and sell the product. I am sure many people would pay something to @Sankotronic for his awesome software!

• Like 2
    • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I like to ask @Sankotronic how easy for him is to add new modules on UAHS in case we build a standalone VD that has the same skeleton with other standalone VDs that where published

• Sankotronic changed the title to Sankotronic Lab - Universal Home Automation System (UHAS™)(PUBLISHED)