Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sankotronic Lab - Universal Home Automation System (UHAS™)(PUBLISHED)

Sankotronic

4 hours ago, FSE said:

I like to ask @Sankotronic how easy for him is to add new modules on UAHS in case we build a standalone VD that has the same skeleton with other standalone VDs that where published

Hi @FSE,

@Sankotronic will release with UHAS also a SDK + developers manual to make it easy for users to build UHAS components...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/4/2019 at 13:14, Sankotronic said:

Hola a todos y gracias por su interés en UHAS.

Entiendo tu miedo a que UHAS nunca se termine. En realidad nunca se terminará! :-) Gracias a la unificación de código y al uso de funciones escritas de manera que se puede reutilizar, la codificación de UHAS se está acelerando.

Aún así, escribir un código universal que se pueda usar en diferentes situaciones y aún no requiera que los usuarios realicen ninguna configuración o cambie el código no es tarea fácil. Esto requiere una gran cantidad de predicción de diferentes situaciones, planificación, codificación y pruebas que a veces llevan mucho tiempo.

Una vez que los módulos están listos, aún se pueden expandir con más código después de la publicación. Por supuesto, sigo buscando la mejor manera de distribuir UHAS y actualizaciones. La parte difícil es la instalación de iconos. Existen algunas soluciones para descargar íconos a HC2, pero eso no es suficiente para un sistema como UHAS, ya que debe ser posible instalar un conjunto completo de VD, escenas e íconos a la vez.

También estoy trabajando en UHAS SDK, un conjunto de fragmentos de código (partes de código) que los usuarios podrán usar para crear rápidamente VD y escenas o pueden modificar VD y escenas existentes para que sean compatibles con UHAS y utilicen las ventajas de UHAS.

Siempre existe la posibilidad de que la nueva actualización de HC2 me obligue a hacer algunos cambios (ya sucedió en el pasado), pero como unifiqué el código para ciertas acciones, será fácil de actualizar. También espero que Fibaro habilite algunas funciones LUA que puedan usarse para compartir código común entre VD y escenas, porque entonces el desarrollo, la depuración y las actualizaciones serán aún más simples.

Thank you so much for so much effort! you deserve heaven

• Topic Author
  • Hello from Sankotronic LAB! :-) 

I have just updated my first post with some exciting news! More integrations is done or will be done soon!

Latest UHAS integrations that become reality:

• Weatherflow station with Air and Sky devices
    • LIFX Color lights

UHAS integrations that are on the way:

• Moodo scent machine
    • Sensibo Sky AC smart controller

I know how waiting can be frustrating, but patience is a virtue said one old man :-) Exciting time is ahead of us so just be patient a bit more! :-) 

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

but patience is a virtue said one old man

Was it that old chinese with that very long moustache? :-D

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bodyart said:

Was it that old chinese with that very long moustache? :-D

"Good things come to those who wait" - and I expect this to be very good!

Hi @1152, i'm 100% convinced that UHAS w3ill be someting nobody has seen yet :-D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • Hello all,

Work on UHAS™ is ongoing and date 2nd July 2019 will be remembered as the milestone day for UHAS. Unfortunately I can't share more information with you at this time, but UHAS is going forward.

I know that developing of UHAS lasts almost "forever", but making Universal Home Automation System that will be out of the box solution for any user and any household is not an easy task. I also wish I can work on UHAS full time, but at this moment that is still not possible since I have to provide for my family.

On Tuesday (16th June) I'm leaving home for my work for 5 weeks. After I return home, work on UHAS will continue with faster pace. Will keep you informed about progress.

Thank you all for the understanding, support and help!

• Like 8

@Sankotronic,  

No doubts of the great progress of UHAS.

I am sure many are looking forward for future development.

Edited by gucio1234
    • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Topic Author
  • On 8/16/2019 at 2:02 PM, pnutp0wer said:

Any update about this so far? 

Actively working on UHAS

On 8/16/2019 at 2:02 PM, pnutp0wer said:

Also looking for BETA testers?

Not at this moment, but stay tuned.

On 8/23/2019 at 12:51 PM, Sankotronic said:

Actively working on UHAS

Not at this moment, but stay tuned.

Wow LIFX plugin......?

Hello all
    First of all a big thanks to Sankotronic@, for developing this. I have a HC2 for 3 years now and I programed all the scenes myself, but with Graphic Blocks. The system works but Isaw while reading this forum I am not using the complete potential of this system.
    I downloaded the Main scene FTBE v1.3.3. but I can't get to install it. In the manual says that I need to create a new LUA scene and then copy and paste the code from the file Sunrise_&_Set_v1.4.0.vfib to the scene. Every time I try to open the file in notepad or word and paste into LUA editor it only pastes one long line.
    Sorry for the stupid question, but I really can't get past this first step.
    Any help would be very appreciated.

Edited by Borismatris

• Topic Author
  • Hi @Borismatris ,

File Sunrise_&Set_v1.4.0.vfib is virtual device that needs to be imported to HC2. Instructions how to import virtual devices is explained in User Manual on page 7 chapter 3. In short you first click on Devices button on top of the HC2 home page. Then on the left colum on top you have to click on Add or remove device. On the opened window Add Device you click on button Choose file under the section Import virtual device and then browse to folder where you save virtual device and click twice on it to import it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • Hello from Sankotronic LAB™!

I'm very busy with UHAS coding. Thanks to some new information I was lately busy with rewriting all UHAS existing modules to adapt to new situation. This is almost finished and then will continue to work on notification center and new lighting module.

I uploaded new standalone version of Weather State & Forecast module which is actually product of work on UHAS. Standalone version is missing UHAS integration, but can give you nice example of what to expect form UHAS.

Philips HUE AIO VD, Nanloleaf Aurora VD, Nanoleaf Canvas VD and some other work are also products of work on UHAS. Of course UHAS versions will have some more advanced options. I might even publish standalone version of LIFX VD. What do you think about that?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

Hello from Sankotronic LAB™!

I'm very busy with UHAS coding. Thanks to some new information I was lately busy with rewriting all UHAS existing modules to adapt to new situation. This is almost finished and then will continue to work on notification center and new lighting module.

I uploaded new standalone version of Weather State & Forecast module which is actually product of work on UHAS. Standalone version is missing UHAS integration, but can give you nice example of what to expect form UHAS.

Philips HUE AIO VD, Nanloleaf Aurora VD, Nanoleaf Canvas VD and some other work are also products of work on UHAS. Of course UHAS versions will have some more advanced options. I might even publish standalone version of LIFX VD. What do you think about that?

Thank you so much for all what you are doing for us, UHAS is the reason why I wanted Fibaro in my home, can’t wait to see it works!!

8 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

Hello from Sankotronic LAB™!

@Sankotronic you are wetting our appetite, but remember we are already hungry, some may almost be at the brink of starvation ...

• Topic Author
  • 5 minutes ago, 1152 said:

@Sankotronic you are wetting our appetite, but remember we are already hungry, some may almost be at the brink of starvation ...

Yes I know, that is the point :-) To starve before feeding :-D 

• Topic Author
  • Hi all,

LIFX Color VD is now finalized. The only missing feature is control over groups or zones. Some of the features:

• Easy setup. Just setup IP address and TCP port of the LIFX bulb to control on VD advanced tab and it is ready to use. There are also some default settings that can be changed under the Effect/Alert button. Icons can be easily setup with Icon Preview VD
    • VD is updated with the current bulb state if LIFX is controlled by another app
    • Additional Transition slider that can be used to smooth transition of brightness and color
    • If bulb is turned off it will turn on with change on any slider or button
    • Process button provides remote control of the LIFX Color VD. Scene can first send settings of all sliders and then turn on bulb with that settings
    • Effect/Alert button provides remote activation by sending brightness, color and other effect settings to VD
    • Toggle ON/OFF button is provided for easy control without needing to expand VD. It will turn on bulb to the last brightness and color set by VD or external app

Know issues:

• In rear occasions when changing slider value it is possible that is not accepted due to refresh cycle of the VD. Refresh cycle is by default set to occur every 10 seconds. That means that if external app has changed bulb state it is possible that VD will show that change in longest time after 10 seconds. This can't be avoided at this time since main loop code that is doing refresh cycle doesn't know if user is using sliders.
    • Support for groups and zones is not implemented at this time. LIFX Color VD is using LAN UDP/IP protocol in little-endian data byte order format which makes it a bit more difficult to code. I had to wrote several special functions to make it happen since all function that I could find on internet where almost helpful but not entirely suitable for this VD.
    • If effect is activated by external app VD will not show effect icon. Documentation on LIFX developer site is OK, but as always not that helpful and some things developer still must find by trial and error.

LIFX Color VD in expanded view with main VD icon showing effect activated:

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

OTHER UHAS NEWS

Next I will work on upgrading Philips HUE AIO VD. I have noticed that in current setup VD sometimes does not properly change color. Biggest problem is that for each change of brightness or color separate commands are sent. To avoid this HUE AIO VD will also get Process button. That will improve responsiveness of the VD and also enable external control from scenes or other VD's to be done in only one step instead by changing each slider separately. This will also make sliders and buttons code very simple since all control will be actually moved to Process button.

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

LIFX Color VD is now finalized.

From where we can download ? :)

• Sankotronic changed the title to Sankotronic Lab - Universal Home Automation System (UHAS™)(PUBLISHED)