Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sankotronic Lab - Universal Home Automation System (UHAS™)(PUBLISHED)

Sankotronic

On 4/25/2017 at 2:19 AM, Sankotronic said:

Last Twinkly firmware upgrade breaks integration!

Hey Zoran

Do you have version numbers for these firmware versions that do/don't work?

• Topic Author
  • Hello @clowg ,

I really don't remember exactly, but firmware 2.7.x and above does not work with Twinkly LED lights anymore. Didn't yet installed latest version 2.8.4

I've just brought 4x 250 RGB strings, so I'll have to see what version they have when they turn up.

Happy New year @Sankotronic!
    Hope you had a great time and wish you all the best for 2022!

Besides my curiousity about the release of UHAS I have one question about the presence detection in UHAS. Right now I use a combination of Movement detection and (using my Ubquiti Unifi setup) a check if some phones are or aren't connected to WiFi.
    How is this implemented in UHAS? 

Thanks, can't wait to try UHAS!

Edited by BrbuggyB
    typo

• Topic Author
  • Happy New year @BrbuggyB ,

UHAS presence currently can use original Fibaro geofencing, then Geofency mobile app and Geofency user on HC2 that can only change state of the Presence VD and Netatmo Welcome cameras with geofencing feature. But any other solution can be easily integrated to UHAS.

Fibaro geofencing is not reliable while Geofency app is working 99,9% of the time. Netatmo is working around 95% of the time. Another problem with Netatmo presence is that it needs camera to see you before setting home presence to home so geofencing is working only when you leave home.

Most of the UHAS modules are done and I'm testing them for some time already, but still have to finish lighting since Philips has changed their HUE API and the old one they plan to remove so I have to build new integration and also modify ALC.

• Like 3

Happy New Year @Sankotronic

I have a question in anticipation of the UHAS release ... how can we prepare / arrange the elements of the system for implementation. I mean the naming of the elements and their distribution in the rooms in CH2. From what I can see from the pictures of your system, you do not have your system divided into rooms ?  You have all the elements in one room name Devices and only VD UHAS you have arranged / grouped by "floors and rooms" names in HC2

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

The thing that I am still very interested and developing the topic of geofency with face recognition by netatmo camera deployed at the entrances to the house, because other cameras I do not foresee to mount inside the house. After recognizing a person through the camera, the system will greet them by name and provide information through the Sonos system about the temperature outside, inside, weather, etc. using the Sonos API Player VD standalone solution. 

.... and finally, what exactly netatmo cameras I have to buy to work with UHAS ? what is the best model ?

Edited by tomisoft

• Topic Author
  • Happy New year @tomisoft ,

Thanks for the questions. Here are some answers.

3 hours ago, tomisoft said:

how can we prepare / arrange the elements of the system for implementation. I mean the naming of the elements and their distribution in the rooms in CH2.

The screenshot is from HC2 that I use for developing UHAS and there I used rooms as UHAS modules. My HC2 that is controlling our house has of course two sections "Our garden" and "Our House" that then contain all normal rooms and some special rooms. For example "Our garden" is divided to "Main entrance", "Terrace", "Swimming pool", "Barbecue  place" etc, and same is for "Our house". I do have some additional "rooms" e.g. "Scenes" where I put all scenes which are not related to the specific room and "Settings" room which contain all VD's that are used only for configuration. I will provide Installation manual which will explain details.

3 hours ago, tomisoft said:

The thing that I am still very interested and developing the topic of geofency with face recognition by netatmo camera deployed at the entrances to the house, because other cameras I do not foresee to mount inside the house. After recognizing a person through the camera, the system will greet them by name and provide information through the Sonos system about the temperature outside, inside, weather, etc. using the Sonos API Player VD standalone solution. 

That is already available in UHAS. UHAS supports Netatmo Smart indoor camera (former Welcome) and Smart outdoor camera (former Presence), but only Smart indoor cameras has facial recognition. UHAS has its version of Sonos API Player and ANC (Advanced Notification center) that supports Fibaro notifications (push, popup and e-mail) plus Pushover, Telegram, Groupme and of course TTS. Users will be able to either use predefined notifications as they are or change them as needed. Of course that you can also always add additional notifications sent directly to Sonos API player VD, or I will also provide instructions how to make scene or VD that is UHAS compatible and uses ANC to send notifications.

4 hours ago, tomisoft said:

.... and finally, what exactly netatmo cameras I have to buy to work with UHAS ? what is the best model ?

As already mentioned UHAS works with both Netatmo cameras, indoor and outdoor. Netatmo Smart indoor cameras are integrated with UHAS and used for presence.

Since UHAS uses its own naming for global variables it should not conflict with your current setup. That means that you can install UHAS and gradually replace some of your code, or keep your current setup and gradually make it working with UHAS. I will do my best to provide all necessary information on global variables and how to use them within your own code, etc. I will also provide some of the basic code that can be used to expand UHAS as needed, or just to make coding more simplified. e.g. all necessary code is already there and you have just to add your part to do some specific action.

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Sankotronic

I can't wait for your solution.

When will beta testing finally start? I can't wait for it.  
    I have purchased a netatmo indoor camera for testing. 
    I am also curious about the module for roller shutters and the solutions added there.
    I personally have external blinds on all windows and automatic curtain rails in a couple of rooms. 
    The day starts with unsealing the blinds (15%) around 6:30 am in rooms where people sleep and then opening them 20 minutes after sunrise to 75%. 
    In other rooms, the blinds are opened immediately to 75% at 6:30.
    I have already seen solutions based on lighting, rain and wind data. 
    But coming back to the most important question can you give some info when you will make UHAS available for testing? ? 

Best regards  @tomisoft

Edited by tomisoft

• Topic Author
  • Hi @tomisoft ,

Currently I'm working on new Philips support due to API version change so that I can finish ALC. Also need to finish few more things and then write installation and user manual. I hope to have it ready in few weeks if something does not popup again like this Philips HUE API change or me getting call for the next job.

I'm a bit worried with memory usage which increases to the limits after 100 VD's installed. I have spent almost a month in code optimization which improved CPU utilization and faster response, but memory usage didn't drop much. I'm running now UHAS on my working HC2 with 103 VD's and 50 scenes installed and it works great even there is only between 13 to 15% free memory left and 15% cache, but I still need to install around 20 VD's more and few scenes to make it complete. At the moment I'm using finished Philips HUE VD family which uses HUE API v1 and modified VSL scenes to control lights. Also it is important to mention that my working HC2 has extended RAM memory to 2Mb instead of original 1Mb memory. That is why I'm also testing UHAS on another HC2 which is with original RAM memory. For now looks good, but still didn't install all modules. It doesn't really matter how much memory is left free if system is working fast and without problems, but I still have to test that.

Regarding blinds and curtains, can you share what devices do you use to control curtains? Fibaro or something else? If something else do you use VD or scene to control them?

Best regards

Hi @Sankotronic

In waiting for UHAS I upgraded the ram in HC2 to 4GB. 
    I purchased and added a netatmo weather station and an indoor camera at the entrance to the house. I installed your VD COVID19 ... the data for Poland updates daily ... it works so far.

The weather reports that come in by email are for the current day only. Is it possible to change this so that the forecast also comes for the next, for example, 3 days? 

Regarding blinds and curtains.... all blinds and curtains are under the control of fibaro moduls (roller shutters3).

BR @tomisoft

Edited by tomisoft

• Topic Author
  • Hi @tomisoft ,

Currently I'm adding garbage collector to VD's main loop code to speed up freeing of memory usage immediately after used data tables are not needed anymore. LUA does automatic memory management, but in my experience it cleans memory too slow. Will need few days to upgrade all VD's and some scenes.

To get Weather forecast as it is seen on VD, you have to setup notifications in Weather Forecast VD to send e-mail since complete forecast is sent only to e-mail in standalone version.

Hi @clowg ,

If I remember correctly motherboard in HC2 accepts 2 x SODIMM DDR3 1066MHz 2Gb memory to get maximum 4Gb of RAM. See picture:

Hi @clowg

I used RAM from an old laptop DDR3 Samsung 1333Mhz 4GB. 

Originally this GOODRAM was installed in HC2 1GB DDR3 W-MEM1066S31G-F22

Information about the motherboard installed in HC2 can be found here -- 

Please login or register to see this link.

BR @tomisoft

That's brilliant @tomisoft! Thanks for the links & photos guys.
    Will have to see if I can procure one of these RAM modules here in NZ.

Hi @Sankotronic

I have next question, this time about the security alarm system you have installed in your house and integrated with HC2 ? Satel Integra or another? I'm in the process of buying and am wondering about the best option. In Poland Satel integra is the most popular. I know that there is no problem with its integration with Fibaro, but will it work smoothly with UHAS?

I would then like to use wired and wireless motion detectors and door, window detectors as trigers for lights and other activities and scenes.

BR @tomisoft! 

Edited by tomisoft

• Topic Author
  • Hi @tomisoft ,

I do not have any security alarm besides Fibaro devices and have solution solely based on Fibaro. Still there should be no problem to adapt any other solution and integration to work with UHAS.

At the beginning of UHAS project I had big help from Fibaro and even started cooperation with them to do some more integrations, but then my contacts left Fibaro and their successors when silent. I guess this is because they are not motivated to do any more improvements to HC2 and for HC3 they hope will have bunch of enthusiasts to create integrations and QA for free, so no additional costs for them ;-)

So, do you have some kind of Satel integration with your HC2 and what do you use plugin or VD,scene?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • Hi @tomisoft ,

Working everyday all day on UHAS, but will not give any decisive date yet. After successful memory optimization I'm now again exporting all done modules and installing on HC2 that I use for testing.

I hope to start writing user and installation manual before end of this week.

• Like 4

I think I will do a fresh installation of my HC2 when UHAS is released. I have added so many devices (almost 60 Z-wave devices) and have so many devices that did not install 100% lately. It will take me a long time to rebuild everything....?

• Sankotronic changed the title to Sankotronic Lab - Universal Home Automation System (UHAS™)(PUBLISHED)