Jump to content

Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

 

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

 

As a member you can:

  •     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

 

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team


Sankotronic Lab - Universal Home Automation System (UHAS™)


Sankotronic

Recommended Posts

@Sankotronic

 

sounding great.

 

Here is a thought for a future feature either here in VSL or as separate feature.  Your comment about a VD reading all the lights' status etc in a room reminded me.

 

I have a very crude VD  from early days that stores the current light settings for the room the VD is located in.   I used a pretty basic approach with a separate global variable named after the room plus ...  a Morning, Day, Evening and Night suffix to hold versions.   

 

This meant I have a simple "preset" for lights controlled by the VD for each room.   This means my family can arrange lights and decide to save as a preset - high WAF as they say.

 

  I have always planned to map into into VSL or the control living automated light solution.  And ... current solution is lots of manual work that could be automated nowadays! e.g. creating one GV with JSON structure or even adding presets to jtable solution we prefer to use now.

 

Given your skills with Lua,  I'd love to see it re-interpreted to work with VSL?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Topic Author
  • Hi @ipsofacto,

     

    That is exactly my goal, to make setting up easy. But as I mentioned before, to make Setup VD that can cover all the settings that can be achieved with VSL scene requires time and skills and time. I manage to remove great deal of settings especially related to global variables and some other things, but there is still a lot of settings that can, but don't have to be done in VSL scene. It really depends on what you want to achieve with it. Some hallway definitely doesn't need too complicated setup so most of the settings can be left in default. Living room, study room or some other will require some more time to setup, but with all possibilities that will new version provide I believe that in the end will give great satisfaction :-) 

     

    I will definitely continue to work on VSL scene after publishing new version, and I'm always open for suggestions.

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    14 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

     

    Hi @Edb,

    Feature that you ask for is already implemented!

    hi sankotronic, thanks i though it was i just wasnt sure if you were going to replace it with a time out function. so in your script is it also easy to say turn on extract fan in bathroom if someones been in there for xxx time or humidity reaches xxx ?

    Hows the cooking going then?Ed

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

  • Topic Author
  • 24 minutes ago, Edb said:

    so in your script is it also easy to say turn on extract fan in bathroom if someones been in there for xxx time or humidity reaches xxx ?

     

    Hi @Edb,

     

    VSL scene can turn on extraction fan if it runs longer that defined time for turning it On but it can't turn on fan on humidity readings. You can setup any device to start like this:

    Please login or register to see this code.

    Depending on the value of the exDeviceValue you can give different commands:

    •  400 - this value will just turn on device - "turnOn"
    •  0 - this will actually turn off device - "turnOff"
    •  1 to 100 - this will turn on device with this value - "value" or will change device value if it is already turned on
    • -1 to -100 - this will set value for device and then turn it on which means that first value will be set and then "turnOn" command executed.

     

    You can also setup scene to press button on VD, start another scene or change global variable. I was just thinking to add option so that scene can also turn off devices when it turns off lights and just before stop running?

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

  • Topic Author
  • UPDATE (05.06.2017)

     

    • Main scene FTBE and Sunrise & Sunset VD - I removed user location tracking from Main scene because this is going to be separate solution. Since I get some questions regarding seasons and time of day that have very much sense I started with implementation of some more possibilities. I already changed the way Darkness and time of day are changed. Fixed times for time of day are already introduced, but I also changed that Darkness is still changed at sunrise and sunset margin times regardless of morning and evening starting times. I still have to introduce possibility to select when seasons will start. This is quite complicated matter since different cultures use different ways to calculate how seasons change. I will for now try to keep it simple by just introducing choice to change seasons according to astronomical or meteorological calendar. Hopefully this will be satisfying for most of the users.
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    23 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

    UPDATE (05.06.2017)

     

    • Main scene FTBE and Sunrise & Sunset VD - I removed user location tracking from Main scene because this is going to be separate solution. Since I get some questions regarding seasons and time of day that have very much sense I started with implementation of some more possibilities. I already changed the way Darkness and time of day are changed. Fixed times for time of day are already introduced, but I also changed that Darkness is still changed at sunrise and sunset margin times regardless of morning and evening starting times. I still have to introduce possibility to select when seasons will start. This is quite complicated matter since different cultures use different ways to calculate how seasons change. I will for now try to keep it simple by just introducing choice to change seasons according to astronomical or meteorological calendar. Hopefully this will be satisfying for most of the users.

    Looking very good, just one question: Is setting darkness possible with an outdoor lux sensor?

    example sunset at 20:00,

    today bright and clear weather and starting to "look" dark at 20:30. 

    tomorrow rain and heavy clouds "looks" dark at 18:45.

     

    And please take a break  from working HA and make sure you enjoy your family and they enjoy your company :)

     

    Jim

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

  • Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, jimicr said:

    Looking very good, just one question: Is setting darkness possible with an outdoor lux sensor?

    example sunset at 20:00,

    today bright and clear weather and starting to "look" dark at 20:30. 

    tomorrow rain and heavy clouds "looks" dark at 18:45.

     

     

    Hi @jimicr,

     

    In new version of Main scene FTBE it will be possible to setup one or several light sensors and level at which scene will change Darkness to Light or Dark value and then sunrise and sunset is not used. If light sensors are not set then scene uses sunrise and sunset times to set Darkness and that time is now separated from time of day times if set to fixed time. When using light sensor darkness can be set to dark even at noon if dark clouds cover the skies, but then it is dark isn't it? :-) 

     

    2 hours ago, jimicr said:

    And please take a break  from working HA and make sure you enjoy your family and they enjoy your company :)

     

     

    As it seems, next week I'm going to work and then I will definitely have to take a break from HA for next five weeks. And also this days I have to close some personal things before I leave home so I'm afraid that i will not manage to publish this new system. I was trying my best to do it, but even most of the code is ready to be published I still have to write some introduction and explanations and even setup is simplified some instructions.

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

  • Topic Author
  • UPDATE (07.06.2017)

     

    • Complete system - due to some problems with new firmware version (4.130) with icons and their refreshment on web GUI I had lost quite some time with debugging. I had to change how VD's handle main icon change and also improve updating. I still have to test importing of VD's since they are all made on HC2 and not imported. Already did some tests and still have to improve checking of global variables and handling with multiple VD's.
    • System status VD - I just had to make it before I leave home for work. This VD displays status of the system and sends notification if free RAM memory falls bellow some limit. If free memory fall bellow second limit then sends interactive message and asks if you want to reboot system. When free memory falls bellow critical level then sends message and reboots HC without questions :-) Oh, it has icon that shows status of the memory. I still like to know when and why my HC rebooted.

    System_status_gui.jpg.16d37aafd468b83045b6518285d6296b.jpg

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Hi @Sankotronic,

    on that picture the system disk and recovery disk... is that used space, or free space?

    Edited by Bodyart
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

  • Topic Author
  • Just now, Bodyart said:

    Hi @Sankotronic,

    on that picture the system disk an recovery disk... is that used space, or free space?

     

    Hi @Bodyart,

     

    On above picture is free space. After I already did picture I added that user can select to show either free or used memory and disk space :-) and it is indicated on the VD.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I have the following situation to save space, i put both used and free on one line :-)

     

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

  • Topic Author
  • 24 minutes ago, Bodyart said:

    I have the following situation to save space, i put both used and free on one line :-)

     

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

     

    Looks nice! I might borrow this VD arrangement from you! :-) 

    How did you calculate CPU percentage from those numbers?

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    3 hours ago, Bodyart said:

    I have the following situation to save space, i put both used and free on one line :-)

     

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

     

    Very nice @Bodyart

     

    I'd like a copy or that if you're okay to share.

    I have a basic one that I'll gladly throw in the bin and replace with your cool one :-)

     

    _f

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    2 hours ago, Bodyart said:

    Sending you the code in PM

     

    I should appreciate a copy myself if I may be as bold.  Perhaps best to publish it here to save you a lot of me too me too me too <grin>

     

    L

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    7 minutes ago, lennypenny said:

     

    I should appreciate a copy myself if I may be as bold.  Perhaps best to publish it here to save you a lot of me too me too me too <grin>

     

    L

     

    Ditto..

    definitely publish , its a great solution... :-)

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Hi @AutoFrank,

     

    it is not my own production and i can't recall the original place, where i found it. That's why i do not dare to publish this for ethical reasons.

     

    Yes! Hooray, i've found the original, so i can post the link now!

     

    Here is the link:

    Please login or register to see this link.

    Edited by Bodyart
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

  • Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, Bodyart said:

    Hi @AutoFrank,

     

    it is not my own production and i can't recall the original place, where i found it. That's why i do not dare to publish this for ethical reasons.

     

    Yes! Hooray, i've found the original, so i can post the link now!

     

    Here is the link:

    Please login or register to see this link.

     

    Thanks for sharing.

     

    There is a bug in the code of main loop line 13 and button code line 12. It should be like this:

    Please login or register to see this code.

    But this is used memory only, buffered and cached part is not calculated.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Reply to this topic...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...