Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sankotronic Lab - Universal Home Automation System (UHAS™)(PUBLISHED)

Sankotronic

34 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

But this is used memory only, buffered and cached part is not calculated.

But at least it calculates processor load :-)

Thanks for pointing out the bug in the code! It was discussed on french forum, but i forgot to mention it.

Edited by Bodyart

Just now, Bodyart said:

But at least it calculates processor load :-)

@Bodyart, @lennypenny, @Sankotronic

I'm incorporating some of this data into my HC2 resource VD

it's a quick change and should be done this evening..

I also have triggers to send messages if over threshold, It's a bit rough and wouldn't be forum quality plus it reuses some of another persons work but could PM it around if people want it...

looks like this..

Please login or register to see this attachment.

4 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

Dying to see the result

L

6 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

@Bodyart, @lennypenny, @Sankotronic

it's a quick change and should be done this evening..

I also have triggers to send messages if over threshold, It's a bit rough and wouldn't be forum quality plus it reuses some of another persons work but could PM it around if people want it...

looks like this..

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Ver very nice! please count me in.

Jim

3 hours ago, jimicr said:

Ver very nice! please count me in.

Jim

Looks like there could be a run on this model

I'd better make a few of them..... :-)

Edit - sorry for hijacking the post

distributing via PM now

Edited by AutoFrank

3 hours ago, Bodyart said:

then i shoul'd be beautiful?

I could not possibly comment.  Thanks for the code.

L

• Topic Author
  • UPDATE (10.06.2017)

Thanks to user @domin12 pointing out that current version of Weather State VD stops working after using SAVE button I did test myself. Only what I can say is CATASTROPHE! After I pressed SAVE button in variable panel my complete system crashed!!!

Everything stopped working, from Main scene to latest System status VD due to destroyed table values in predefined global variables. I had to delete all those global variables to make my system work again.

So, unfortunately I have to postpone publishing new versions until further notice.

I remember that this was not the case on one of the earlier firmware versions! When I made my HomeTable it was first saved as table in normal variable and thus destroyed after pressing SAVE button, but I remember clearly that when I move table to predefined variable it survived SAVE button. I never tested this again since I didn't want to loose older version of Sonos remote VD from Krikroff since it can't add global variable any more due to some crappy changes made in REST API most likely. New version has one problem that I didn't like but now I have to use it.

So, Fibaro is definitely just a crappy toy and definitely not for serious HA. it is clear to me now that I was completely wrong in that matter. I will keep it until I find more serious home automation but next one will not be wireless any more, maybe KNX or something similar.

50 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

So, Fibaro is definitely just a crappy toy and definitely not for serious HA. it is clear to me now that I was completely wrong in that matter. I will keep it until I find more serious home automation but next one will not be wireless any more, maybe KNX or something similar.

Hi @Sankotronic,

reading here these kind of messages on daily basis, I'm really glad, that my home doesn't depend on Bug-aro. In bought Bug-aro in december and adopted only some light's until now, which can be still controlled the old fashion way (manual switches). Actually the only lights working properly are the HUE lights.

I started with firmware version 4.110 and was (I still am) hoping that, Bug-aro wil become stable and also documented, but recent releases convince me of the oposite situation. It's getting worth and worth. Maybe some cosmetics were improved, but the system as whole.... I do not trust it anymore.

It seens that Bug-aro team isn't able to handle the known bugs anymore.

I still do believe in wireless (z-wave) HA, due to its versatility, reliability and scalability, except the home security ofcourse, which i woul'd NEVER do wireless, since i've seen the simplicity of hacking Z-wave on Youtube....

I've invested many thousands Euro's to HA (most Bug-aro) components. Throwing them away woul'd keep me off HA, but maybe I'll try another Z-wave gateway, which is at least a bit reliable.

Edited by Bodyart

• Topic Author
  • Hi @Bodyart,

I have Bug-aro for more than a year now. Since I also invested nice amount of money I just didn't want to accept that I actually make mistake. I like to rush things, thats my problem, so I just run into it without really giving myself enough time to investigate more.

I had two disasters already with my HC2, one was when system just for no obvious reason deleted almost half of included devices! I just rebooted HC and after that... almost half of devices gone! 

Next disaster was also after upgrade and reboot, but then almost all devices were reported as not configured. I had plenty carton boxes on my home page and of course nothing was working any more.

Luckily for me in both cases restoring backup helped so I didn't have to do complete recovery. Even now I think that I actually should do that. Complete recovery and then again include all devices. In that time i had about 40 of them.

This two events did wake me up, but I still didn't want to admit that I spent money on TOY, and this is really expensive toy. What kept my hope that this can still be usable HA system was LUA language and possibility to write some sophisticated code. But after hitting few of the limits that I mentioned before now there is nothing left for me to keep hope that this can be anything more than just expensive toy.

All this HA seems to me that still need more time to mature. Fragmented market with so many different protocols and approaches doesn't really help in that.

My new system is based on my belief that table values can survive innocent pressing of Save button in variable panel. I realize now that there is no safe place for table variable values on HC2 so my system is not safe and can be so easily crashed with only one click on Save button. I just can't release such system because my goal is to make simple and effective HA and not some crap.

The best thing is that LUA is strong with tables so it is so unbelievable for me that HC can't store tables anywhere! What a crap!

16 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

All this HA seems to me that still need more time to mature

Hi @Sankotronic,

the maturity is the key... Following the developments Zigbee is growing Thread also and other protocols as well. Ofcourse the industrial systems like KNX are mature enough, but kinda expensive...

Let's see what comes on market later this year. I have Also Homey speaking Z-wave, RF, Zigbee, IR etc. It's cheap, but a young product still in diapers and only block scenes possible, but there are many developers making plugins and it seems to be reliable until now.

I sure want to have some scripting possibilities, in order to achieve extended control. So for now i stay using Bug-aro and Homey together and wil see later this year what to use in future. B.t.w. Homey supports Bug-aro components nicely. The main disadvantage is, that it understand and speaks only English and Dutch for now. As I understood, German language is comming soon and later other languages depending on number of users in paricular countries.

We'll see what the future might bring :-)

Edited by Bodyart

@Sankotronic, 

That issue with crashing variables happens when you click on the save icon on the right edge of the screen ?  Then what ? Re-run Home Table scene to recreate variables ?

On my HC2 v4.120 I don't want to try as I'm not sure what would happen but I added recently some predefined variables without any issues. Just used save button inside new variable window.

Edited by karolek75

• Topic Author
  • 3 hours ago, karolek75 said:

@Sankotronic, 

That issue with crashing variables happens when you click on the save icon on the right edge of the screen ?  Then what ? Re-run Home Table scene to recreate variables ?

On my HC2 v4.120 I don't want to try as I'm not sure what would happen but I added recently some predefined variables without any issues. Just used save button inside new variable window.

Hi @karolek75,

Yes, disaster happens if you press Save button on right side when you are in variable panel. I never used this Save button because you don't need it to add or delete variables. Save button is only needed if you want to change value of the global variable, but since that way of changing value will NOT trigger scenes there is no use of it. I did test yesterday because I get information from users that some of my VD's stop working if Save button is pressed in variable panel.

What to say, disaster! Everything stopped working because all of my new scenes and VD's are now using table format and that is completely destroyed with Save button. I had to delete them all and then recreate to make everything work again. That part I will recode so that VD's automatically recreate destroyed variables if Save button is pressed accidentally. Only when I can make that then I will be ready to post my new solutions.

To be honest it is ridiculous that HC destroys table values when LUA has powerful functions to work with table data! Table data is native to LUA! Serious HA you can get only with support for table data or databases and HC2 doesn't support either of them! :-(

On 13/06/2017 at 2:27 AM, Sankotronic said:

Hi @karolek75,

Yes, disaster happens if you press Save button on right side when you are in variable panel. I never used this Save button because you don't need it to add or delete variables. Save button is only needed if you want to change value of the global variable, but since that way of changing value will NOT trigger scenes there is no use of it. I did test yesterday because I get information from users that some of my VD's stop working if Save button is pressed in variable panel.

What to say, disaster! Everything stopped working because all of my new scenes and VD's are now using table format and that is completely destroyed with Save button. I had to delete them all and then recreate to make everything work again. That part I will recode so that VD's automatically recreate destroyed variables if Save button is pressed accidentally. Only when I can make that then I will be ready to post my new solutions.

To be honest it is ridiculous that HC destroys table values when LUA has powerful functions to work with table data! Table data is native to LUA! Serious HA you can get only with support for table data or databases and HC2 doesn't support either of them! :-(

I encountered same situation - loosing lots of devices after a reboot.

Restore recovered most of my system. Why ?

• Topic Author
  • 11 hours ago, jasonway said:

I encountered same situation - loosing lots of devices after a reboot.

Restore recovered most of my system. Why ?

Hi @jasonway,

Yes but your problem is different. Problem with loosing devices is even worse. Are devices deleted or reported as not configured after reboot?

I had both situations with my HC2, deleted devices and reported as not configured. In both cases restoring latest backup solved problem.

On 18/06/2017 at 8:08 PM, Sankotronic said:

Hi @jasonway,

Yes but your problem is different. Problem with loosing devices is even worse. Are devices deleted or reported as not configured after reboot?

I had both situations with my HC2, deleted devices and reported as not configured. In both cases restoring latest backup solved problem.

I have everything back to normal again after assistance from Fibaro Support. My HC2 was reporting it wasn't primary controller so I couldn't add any of the devices I lost. Support was quick and efficient but I question why it occurred. A big thank you for all your posts, very helpful information and code.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • Hello all!

I'm writing this just to let you know that I didn't forget on my promise! At the moment I'm not at home so development of my new HA system is on hold but only temporarily! Despite some problems with HC2 in the past I have good news!

My Angelina is up and running for 21 days without any problems, hiccups and trouble. I find that very satisfying and encouraging. Memory usage seems stable and CPU usage is regular with same repeating chart values. My wife is very happy with Angelina, having coffee ready every morning and all other basic stuff working fine, like lighting, blinds, TTS messages, forecast messages, etc.

Angelina would be now running for more than a month if we didn't have one longer power disruption 21 days ago. But she did everything right! She send us notifications about power loss, she switched off some devices that are connected to UPS to get batteries work longer. She turn off herself gracefully just before UPS battery was depleted! And when power came back she wake up (booted up) correctly and set to default color and then turned off all HUE bulbs (31 of them), adjusted cameras and notified us that power is back and she is back and ready to serve us :-) 

I can remotely connect to my Angelina even on this not so good internet connection that we have here were I work! Of course there are some problems with web GUI refreshing, but I can still check up on my Angelina which is GREAT!

I will return home in about 10 days time, but then I promised my family a nice holidays. I plan to continue to work on new HA system from mid August. Will keep you informed with progress!

Now I wish all of you pleasant and happy summer holidays and ENJOY LIFE! :-) 

Hi @Sankotronic,

i help you hoping that your beloved Angelina will stay stable and your beloved wife (and you ofcourse) will stay satisfied and you will have good mood to continue your extremely valuable development after your holiday :-)

I wish you beautiful holiday and pleasurable time with your family.

Edited by Bodyart

• Topic Author
  • Hi @Bodyart, and thank you. I don't really mind for the heat wave since we have pool and sea to cool down plus nice cold beer :-) 

• Sankotronic changed the title to Sankotronic Lab - Universal Home Automation System (UHAS™)(PUBLISHED)
    • T.Konopka featured this topic