Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sankotronic Lab - Universal Home Automation System (UHAS™)(PUBLISHED)

Sankotronic

I've heard this mornig, about temperatures in Croatia about 38 degrees centigrade.... Oh gee.....

If i was there now, i woul'd be probably hanging in the pool whole day...

Edited by Bodyart

21 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

Now I wish all of you pleasant and happy summer holidays and ENJOY LIFE! :-) 

@Sankotronic

I've been throttling back a little on HA development as we are spending more time outside with weather being good (for ireland)

Enjoy the well earned break :-)

• Topic Author
  • Finally I'm going home and if everything goes nice with helicopters and flights tomorrow I'm back to leisure :-) 

Actually not really leisure because it seems that I will have to make swimming pool automation before expected. Original automation start failing. Luckily I have already received Aeon heavy duty switch that will replace current faulty automation. Since I already have installed one waterproof Dallas temperature sensor I have all hardware that I need.

Scripting should be more or less easy. This original automation has Automatic mode where pump running time is determined with pool water temperature. Higher the temperature longer the running time. There is also timer mode where pump is running according to time schedule and can have up to 6 different times in one day like pump is running from 06:00h to 09:00, 10:00 till 13:00, 14:00 till 17:00, 18:00 till 21:00 and 22:00 till 23:00 or of course any other combination of times. And of course it has manual ON and manual OFF.

I'm thinking to make one VD that I can use for settings, for controlling and for displaying status of the swimming pool pump. Does anyone have any similar solution or any suggestion?

During winter swimming pool is covered and pump is disconnected from power with circuit breaker. I just wonder can Aeon heavy duty switch be left without power for several months without any impact to the HC2 system? Switch will be installed in waterproof casing from the old automation so humidity will not be a problem.

Thank you in advance for any suggestion and tips! This VD will of course became a part of the new system I'm working on so as such will be shared when is done and tested!

Cheers! :-) 

• Topic Author
  • Finally at home! :-) 

Angelina is working now without glitches for 31 days! Memory usage is stable and still have 24 - 25% free. That means that my new system has proven to be stable and efficient. I'm happy. Only what I have to do is change code to avoid problems if global variables are destroyed or scrambled by pressing SAVE button in variables panel thanks to Fibaro development team! I also want to add some more automation to the code to make setup even more easier thanks to REST API.

But first things first. It is time to include Aeotec heavy duty switch and make script for my swimming pool. Disadvantage of this switch is that it doesn't have local switch to turn it On/Off locally/manually. It is possible to control it only trough gateway so if Angelina get sick then my pool can turn into a swamp. I will have to add some more hardware to kick in if Angelina fails. Due to this problem, our vacation is postponed for one week.

If you have any suggestions or requests please let me know! Thank you!

• Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, RubberDuck said:

This looks awesome, when you will release it?! I want it, NOW :)

Hi @RubberDuck,

If everything goes well I hope it will be published before end of this year.

• Topic Author
  • 4 minutes ago, RubberDuck said:

This sounds great :)

I cross my fingers that this will a happy gift for christmas ;-)

I will do my best! :-) 

2 hours ago, RubberDuck said:

This sounds great :)

I cross my fingers that this will a happy gift for christmas ;-)

Oh please NO, well before or after christmas. My wife will be mad as hell if I'm playing with the HC2 again this year at christmas ;)

Jim

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, jimicr said:

Oh please NO, well before or after christmas. My wife will be mad as hell if I'm playing with the HC2 again this year at christmas ;)

Jim

Well then, if I manage to publish it before 13th December then will be before Christmas, otherwise due to my work schedule will be next year.

Hi @Sankotronic,  hope you had a nice holiday and now your back in the swing of it all again.. like you never left :>

i was wondering... when you are redoing the VSL script is it possible to be able to have different colours for hue lights at different points of the day. In our dining room we have nice warm colours during the evening but durning the day it would be nice to be able to make then cooler without having to run another copy of vsl to change colours at different times. hopefully its not to hard to sort out.

thanks

Ed

• Topic Author
  • Hi @Edb,

here is a part of code from new version of VSL scene:

Please login or register to see this code.

As you can see from above code it is already implemented possibility to have different colors for each part of the day and for each HUE or RGBW light when they are turned on or dimmed down. This I can still change but this feature will remain in new version. :-) 

3 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

@Edb

As you can see from above code it is already implemented possibility to have different colors for each part of the day and for each HUE or RGBW light when they are turned on or dimmed down. This I can still change but this feature will remain in new version. :-) 

either your a very quick programmer or your way ahead of me :).. cant wait to see it. hows are the new scripts working at home and is your hc2 behaving itself?

Ed

im guessing somewhere in there, theres the option to control the white ambiance as well

• Topic Author
  • 31 minutes ago, Edb said:

either your a very quick programmer or your way ahead of me :).. cant wait to see it. hows are the new scripts working at home and is your hc2 behaving itself?

Ed

im guessing somewhere in there, theres the option to control the white ambiance as well

Hi @Edb,

haven't you read my previous posts. Angelina was working without glitches for more than a month. I rebooted her yesterday after including some new devices because memory usage always go up during learning mode. So, yes, for now I can confirm that my new code is working nicely. Of course I still have to do some improvements which I already mentioned in my previous posts.

that ct=30 is actually for white ambience, so yes white ambience can also change color during day! :-) 

3 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

that ct=30 is actually for white ambience, so yes white ambience can also change color during day! :-) 

I guess like everyone else I cant wait :)

On 7/20/2017 at 6:10 PM, Sankotronic said:

Finally at home! :-) 

Angelina is working now without glitches for 31 days! Memory usage is stable and still have 24 - 25% free. That means that my new system has proven to be stable and efficient. I'm happy. Only what I have to do is change code to avoid problems if global variables are destroyed or scrambled by pressing SAVE button in variables panel thanks to Fibaro development team! I also want to add some more automation to the code to make setup even more easier thanks to REST API.

But first things first. It is time to include Aeotec heavy duty switch and make script for my swimming pool. Disadvantage of this switch is that it doesn't have local switch to turn it On/Off locally/manually. It is possible to control it only trough gateway so if Angelina get sick then my pool can turn into a swamp. I will have to add some more hardware to kick in if Angelina fails. Due to this problem, our vacation is postponed for one week.

If you have any suggestions or requests please let me know! Thank you!

It's funny how Fibaro development sometimes just don't get it. The number of collective hours,days, weeks, years even!!! the Fibaro supporters have lost due to the ridiculous save "feature" on the variables panel is atrocious. 

Fibaro support, why can you not do something about this?

Ok, I am going to spend less than 10 seconds thinking about this now.... how about you update the variables panel so that if someone hits save and a variable has changed that you ask a questions... "changes to variable values have been made are you sure you want to save the/".

I am sure with a bit more thought a better solution is out there, but 5 years on and this problem persists.

• Topic Author
  • Hi @amilanov,

This atrocity with global variables get worse after one of the updates. I'm not really sure after which one, but I clearly remember that predefined variables kept table values intact even after Save button is pressed on one of earlier firmwares. I need to search through forum to find posts where that was mentioned. That was main reason why I changed my HomeTable from normal to predefined global variable.

It is only after some people had problems with WeatherState global variable that I finally check on 4.130 what is going on and find out that now even predefined variables don't keep tables anymore when that dreaded Save button is used. After pressing Save button I had disaster on my HC2 and everything stop working sice I use tables to store data since tables are kind of native to LUA. I will have to cause one more system wide failure to find out what is really going on and how to prevent it since it seems that Fibaro team is not going to do anything about that problem.

• Topic Author
  • I can't believe how time really flies when I'm at home.

Swimming pool automation is finally replaced yesterday.

First failed Aqua Technopool3 dosing system that takes care of water quality. Due to bad quality chlorine dosing nozzle get stuck and after that pump stopped working. That is now replaced with Aqualux Rx dosage pump. Since Tchnopool3 was also responsible for pH and dosing we had to install Aqualux pH dosage pump that Aqualux have as separate device. Since Aqualux doesn't use level switches for chemicals I can now connect them to UBS so I can get notification when we need to order new canister. So this I consider as improvement but I still have to install it.

Secondly Aqua T control 1 that control pump and light also failed. First it stopped reading water temperature making Auto mode unusable. But just when I came home also failed timer electronics. I removed PCB and installed Aeotec heavy duty switch leaving inside only LED light driver for pool light. I kept casing because it is waterproof so it should protect Aeotec switch! Since Aeotec can handle heavy resistive loads up to 40A and my pump is 1kW motor so with cca 4A nominal current and 20A inrush current I expect that it will survive many switchings.

Now I'm busy writing Pool State VD but it is so difficult to sit by the computer when weather is so nice, pool and bbq is just calling :-P 

This VD will include measuring of:

• Pool water temperature
    • Machinery room temperature and humidity
    • Pump state and current consumption
    • Light state
    • Level of chlorine (Rx)
    • Level of acid (pH)

Control will include:

• Change state of pool "Open", "Closed" or "In use", "Closed"
    • Control pool cover "Open", "Closed"
    • Control pump running mode "Off", "On", "Auto", "Timer"
    • Control light state "On", "Off"
    • Control machinery room ventilation fan

Used material:

• Fibaro door/window sensor for machinery door
    • Fibaro UBS device for measuring water temperature and chemical levels
    • Fibaro double relay module for ventilation fan (and change over control to standard timer)
    • Aeotec heavy duty switch for pump
    • Aeotec MS6 for machinery room temperature and humidity

Planned automation:

• Pool status "Closed" will disable pump control and opening of pool cover.
    • Pump control in Auto or Timer mode
    • Turning On/Off ventilation fan based on measured temperature and humidity in machinery room and outside
    • Turning on/off lights at sunset/sunrise and depending on SleepState and PresentState
    • Control of pool cover depending on SleepState, PresentState and temperature of pool water and outside temperature
    • Sending notification when chemical level is low and needs to be refilled.
    • Sending notification if pump is turned on but there is no consumption registered
    • Sending notification if humidity in machinery room reaches 90% despite on ventilation fan status.

That's it! If anyone have any suggestions please come forward. It is really difficult to plan all possibilities at the beginning of project and also difficult to add them later in the project because those changes usually requires redesigning and code changing.

BTW, I know that in above list pool water heat pump is missing! I don't have at the moment that option so I'm not sure what to add to control such device. I was looking for some solution and there are some nice devices that can be used or even sun panels. If anyone have such solution I will really appreciate if can share with me how control is done with Fibaro. Thank you in advance.

4 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

Since Aeotec can handle heavy resistive loads up to 40A and my pump is 1kW motor so with cca 4A nominal current and 20A inrush current I expect that it will survive many switchings.

Hi @Sankotronic, just curious. Do you plan to have meter the energie consumption of the pump?

I personally would have chosen a motor relay like this: 

Please login or register to see this link.

And switch the relay with a normal fibaro switch. This has a thermic protection for the pump, but you know all of this.

Just curious why you've chosen this approach :)

Jim

• Topic Author
  • Hi @jimicr,

I was thinking to do it with motor protection relay and stuff, but then to have consumption I still have to buy Aeotec HEM with price high enough. Since it is one phase motor and it was controlled by 40A relay (removed automation) I decided that Aeotec 40A heavy duty relay will do the trick plus it has consumption measuring so have two things for one price :-) Also this three phase protection relay would not work with one phase motor except if all three contact are used in series connection so that current is passing through all three of them.

At first I was planning to install additional timer relay to have backup, but now I think that additional Fibaro relay associated to Aeotec relay will do the trick so that I can still manually turn on/off pump in case that Angelina stop working. Aeotec relay has on/off button but since I install it inside waterproof box it is not reachable so I need some solution. Aeotec heavy duty relay is piece of white box and it seems that it is meant to be installed near appliance or even behind it where is usually not reachable by hand, so it is pity that they didn't add connection for some kind of switch.

• Sankotronic changed the title to Sankotronic Lab - Universal Home Automation System (UHAS™)(PUBLISHED)