Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sankotronic Lab - Universal Home Automation System (UHAS™)(PUBLISHED)

Sankotronic

• Topic Author
  • Hello @aaromero and welcome to Fibaro forum!

Thank you for willing to participate in UHAS™ System beta testing! I will contact you by private mail.

Kind regards

Sankotronic

Hi @Sankotronic,

I'm also a candidate because I don't use the HC2 to it's maximum. But are there prerequisites for this testing besides owning a HC2?

Cheers

Sjekke

PS: Is there already a space available for your icons?

• Topic Author
  • Hi @Sjekke,

If you are not using any of my current scenes and VD's and global variables that I mentioned in previous post then you are ready to go.

If you are using Main scene FTBE or VSL scene and/or mentioned predefined global variables in other code then some modification to that code will be necessary to keep it running.

Other than that UHAS system does not require to have anything else but HC2 and some z-wave devices included.

Space available for my icons? What space do you refer to?

6 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @Sjekke,

If you are not using any of my current scenes and VD's and global variables that I mentioned in previous post then you are ready to go.

If you are using Main scene FTBE or VSL scene and/or mentioned predefined global variables in other code then some modification to that code will be necessary to keep it running.

Other than that UHAS system does not require to have anything else but HC2 and some z-wave devices included.

Space available for my icons? What space do you refer to?

1. Count me in
    2. Webspace where you put all your icons

• Topic Author
  • 1. Great! Thank you! Will wait until tomorrow to see if there will be more candidates and then will open private channel.

2. I'm still very busy with UHAC™ System so that will have to wait a little longer. But I will make available icons for UHAC in zipped format for easier download.

Dear @Sankotronic,

I do not want to place promises which I cannot fulfill so I am not telling I am volunteer for beta testing the  whole of your excellent new system - for which I am looking forward.

However you can count on me at least if you need beta tester of :

• Weather State and Weather forecast that uses openweathermap.org and wunderground.com services with popup and push messages
    • Support for Netatmo weather station

3 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

But I will make available icons for UHAC in zipped format for easier download.

Looking forward to it :-)

• Topic Author
  • 39 minutes ago, gucio1234 said:

Dear @Sankotronic,

I do not want to place promises which I cannot fulfill so I am not telling I am volunteer for beta testing the  whole of your excellent new system - for which I am looking forward.

However you can count on me at least if you need beta tester of :

• Weather State and Weather forecast that uses openweathermap.org and wunderground.com services with popup and push messages

Hi @gucio1234,

Latest version of Netatmo weather station scene, Weather State VD and Weather Forecast VD are part of the UHAC system and relay on it not only for automatic translation of the GUI part but also to automatically select weather state and forecast language.

Minimum prerequisites to use them is to install Global Translation scene with Select language VD and Main scene FTBE with Sunrise & Sunset VD since it uses global variable Darkness in new format.

Installation of Global translation scene and Select Language VD will not influence current system setup because all that they do is add some global variables for translations.

Installation of Main scene FTBE and Sunrise & Sunset VD will affect system if it is using listed predefined global variables since their values will be translated to selected language during installation. Still, since it is using only Darkness it is possible to adapt code to work without UHAS Main scene FTBE and Sunrise & Sunset VD, but that is recommended only for members that are comfortable with programming in LUA.

For now I don't have plans to make other versions but UHAS compatible ones, sorry.

17 minutes ago, Sjekke said:

My 50 cents ...

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Hi @Sjekke,

Thanks for sharing this beautiful icons!

Edited by Sankotronic

• Topic Author
  • 9 minutes ago, dimae said:

Could I offer my "super" help here???

count me too please! ;-)

Hello @dimae,

Thank you! I added you to the list. Will start tomorrow!

Hi @Sankotronic

We moved into our new house and renovation is at full speed :)

Not much is working atm, but am willing to try and help.

So I might be able to help very limited. If you want I can help out.

(Just to let you know how this "project is going: I planned to install the driveway lights today and drilled from the outside to the living room. Instead of getting a nice 12mm hole I had a little cave in and ended up with a 30x40cm window on the inside :).

So I spend the better part of the afternoon as a bricklayer... :D But all's good as I am blaming the wife because she wanted to move)

just wondering if it can run side by side with the "old" but great system?

Jim

21 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

Hello @dimae,

Thank you! I added you to the list. Will start tomorrow!

@Sankotronic For the avoidance of doubt, I am on the list right? I have ALL the stuff, and the stuff in the coming soon section!

15 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

Hello all!

I have started with beta testing of UHAS™ system that I'm working on and some of it was described here. I'm looking for beta testers that can sacrifice some of their time to check and play with first part of this system.

Before you decide to be beta tester or even user of the UHAS™ System please read carefully following information that I share with you in good will:

UHAS system is based on my previous work, but it moves it further. Still, it is not entirely compatible with current versions of my scenes and virtual devices. This means that when you install for example UHAS Main scene FTBE with it's companion VD's it is possible that some other scene and VD'S that uses global variables from this list:

Please login or register to see this code.

Will stop work or will not work as expected. This is because UHAS translate all predefined global variables to the language that is selected on your HC2 or by Select Language VD which brings some more languages that are not by default available on HC2. This can be avoided if you do some preparations that I will explain during beta testing.

Also new VSL™ scene is not backward compatible so you will have to replace current scenes with UHAS version, but new version setup is simplified as much as possible. New VSL scene will also not work with current version of Philips HUE VD so you will have to replace all VD's with new version 3.0, but new version of Philips HUE VD is very simple to setup (only requires to set hue bridge user key and HUE bulb ID or HUE light group ID on ONE place). Setting up VD icons will also be very easy by using VD Icon Preview that allows now to setup icons to UHAS compatible VD's. Same set of icons can be copied to all other same VD's.

If you are user that have your system up and running and are happy with it there is no any advantage to migrate to UHAS™ System! Or maybe still there is... ;-) 

If you are newbie user to Fibaro and are looking to setup your system with some ease and are not willing or have time to learn LUA, but still want to enjoy all benefits that LUA offers then maybe this is what you were looking for. Most of the UHAS scenes and VD's will be easy to install and setup. It will be automatically translated to your language, most of the necessary settings will be done automatically. Of course there are always some settings in code that will require your attention, but with provided help and examples that should not be a problem.

What UHAS may bring to you at this moment and near future?

• Automatic translation of all VD's, Scenes and predefined global variables to your selected language without any effort from your side
    • Basic scheduling for most important activities regarding time of day, month and year that is needed to better automate lighting and other actions
    • Automation of all lighting that supports dimmers, switches, wall plugs, Philips HUE, Nanoleaf Aurora with Ambilight scenes, known as Very Smart Lights™ scene or VSL™ scene.
    • Support for Philips HUE lights, Nanoleaf Aurora lights
    • Support for Smarter Coffee machine
    • Fibaro HC system status with notifications
    • Home energy consumption (basic version at the moment) with Aeotec HEM
    • Devices battery status reports and notifications
    • Monitoring appliances (washing machine, dryer, etc.) status with notifications
    • Flooding alarm and notifications
    • Fire alarm and notifications
    • CO alarm and notifications
    • Doors and windows status check with notifications

What is planned for UHAS in the future (hopefully not too far one)?

• Alarm clock with multiple alarms and selection who to Wakeup with Wakeup lights and Wakeup Music
    • Notification center with short reminders sent as push messages or TTS messages
    • Burglar alarm with Present AT Home Mimicking or PATHM™ system (VSL™ scene is PATHM™ system ready)
    • Advanced Home Energy Consumption (AHEC™) system
    • Irrigation or watering system solely based on Fibaro devices replacing Sprinklers panel
    • Swimming pool control

There are more plans on my ToDo list, but even this is already above my head since I can work on the UHAS system only when I'm on leave (not working) which is half of the year. But I will also make possible for other enthusiasts to easily modify their work to be compatible with UHAS™ System on their request.

Thank you very much for your time and patience!

Enjoy your HA! :-) 

hello if you want i can test it all using the italian language. let me know

• Topic Author
  • Hi @jimicr,

As I can see your hands are full with house renovation.

5 minutes ago, jimicr said:

just wondering if it can run side by side with the "old" but great system?

Well as I already mentioned several times, unfortunately since your current system is using listed global variables then it will not work side by side without modifying current setup. For example Darkness global variable needs to be deleted before importing new Sunrise & Sunset VD since it is normal global variable in upper part of the variable panel. New UHAS system need to add it in lower part as predefined global variable and translate values (Light, Dark) to selected language.

6 minutes ago, shaunfrost said:

@Sankotronic For the avoidance of doubt, I am on the list right? I have ALL the stuff, and the stuff in the coming soon section!

Hi @shaunfrost,

Yes I added you to the list, but are you sure that you want to tamper with your current system since you already have all the stuff?

4 minutes ago, Nexus said:

hello if you want i can test it all using the italian language. let me know

Hi @Nexus,

Thank you. I added you to the list of testers.

No problem. Rather have to change things when nothing is installed then modify a running system 

Jim

• Topic Author
  • 5 minutes ago, jimicr said:

No problem. Rather have to change things when nothing is installed then modify a running system 

Jim

Hi @jimicr,

In that case you are added to the list. Thank you!

12 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @shaunfrost,

Yes I added you to the list, but are you sure that you want to tamper with your current system since you already have all the stuff?

@SankotronicYeah, I am moving house in the next week or two, so might as well start from "sort of" scratch again :)

• Topic Author
  • Just now, shaunfrost said:

@SankotronicYeah, I am moving house in the next week or two, so might as well start from "sort of" scratch again :)

Well in that case you are also definitely added to the list. Since I can add only 10 members to private messaging that's it for now!

I will prepare first part and probably open beta testing tonight. There is no rush, I understand that all of you have before all families, then work and some of you also moved or will move to new houses so we take it easy and slowly for beginning.

Thank you all for support and wish you pleasant evening!

• Sankotronic changed the title to Sankotronic Lab - Universal Home Automation System (UHAS™)(PUBLISHED)