Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sankotronic Lab - Universal Home Automation System (UHAS™)(PUBLISHED)

Sankotronic

• Topic Author
  • Just added Sun Calc VD + Moon Calc VD + scene - This suite provides more information about movement and position of Sun and Moon. Sun Calc. besides sunrise/sunset time it also provides length of the day, solar noon and sun position. Also Moon Calc VD provides moon rise, moon set and moon phases.

Sneak-peak on ALC module

Working hard on new ALC (Advanced Lighting Control)

Here is a sneak-peek of new ALC Config. VD:

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

This VD should greatly simplify setting up lighting scenes for different time of day and occasions. Currently have 26 predefined lighting scenes that should cover most of the moments. :-)

After VD is imported and placed in room it will scan for all light devices available on the system (whole house or apartment), but will add to lighting scenes only those lights found located in the same room where it is placed. User can of course then add more lights from other rooms or delete some of the lights as needed.

All lighting scenes can be set to four different modes:

1. Auto - automatic mode that turn on lights on motion sensor or other devices or even global variables and uses countdown timer to turn off lights if there was no movement for the defined time duration. Still this mode can use other devices (power or binary) and global variable to keep lights turned on in special cases.
    2. Manual - scenes in this mode must be activated with any kind of possible remote, switch or other automation and will keep lights turned on until other lighting scene is set or any of the lights is manually turned off. One example is Watch TV lighting scene that can be triggered by TV remote or smart plug to which TV is connected.
    3. Timer - timer scenes have timer that can have multiple ON/OFF settings. Lights will turn on at specified time and turn off at specified time.
    4. Disabled - user can at any moment disable/enable any of the scenes either manually or by automation. For example user can disable time of day scenes (morning, day, evening, night) to force system to use simple awake/sleep combination for selected room.

ALC Learning system is one of the kind. User can turn on learning mode to prevent scene from running and then setup lights brightness, color and effects including relays, smart plugs, dimmers, RGBW modules and also using either original app or VD for Philips HUE, Nanoleaf light panels, LIFX lights and Twinkly LED lights and after is happy with lights setting save it to the selected lighting scene. After saving lights settings, scene will use that setting to turn on all lights included. There are two settings for each lights scene, one settings is for turning lights ON and another settings is for turning lights OFF (also includes dimming low :-) )

ALC system not only that makes lighting setup easier, but also provides possibility to change any lighting scene settings at any time and convenience. If user get bored with some settings or better half start complaining and asking to have different light settings, no problem, just do it. All you need is ?? and ?️. :-D:-D:-D

Now back to coding!

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Hi @Sankotronicif you say … all light devices, do mean also HUE, etc?

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, Sjekke said:

Hi @Sankotronicif you say … all light devices, do mean also HUE, etc?

Yes. ALC Config. VD first scans for all z-wave devices (switches, plugs, dimmers and RGBW modules that have "lights" category defined) and then also for devices integrated with VD (HUE, Nanoleaf, LIFX). All UHAS VD's automatically set their HC2 categories, but I also use system with roles and modules so that each scene or VD can find other scenes and VD's needed to preform specific action.

Usually search is done during start up of VD or scene. But if any new devices is added, changed or deleted, then there is button on the bottom of VD which can be used to preform searching and updating without needing to restart the HC2.

Same apply also to other core VD's like ANC Message VD which is used to configure notifications. After adding new VD or scene that sends notification, just need to refresh list with button on the bottom of ANC Message VD and then configure new VD or scene messages to whom will be sent and using what service.

BTW All messages in UHAS can be sent to all available services: push, popup, e-mail, pushover, telegram, groupme, TTS and LaMetric clock. If anyone has suggestions for any other notification services then please let me know.

6 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

Yes. ALC Config. VD first scans for all z-wave devices (switches, plugs, dimmers and RGBW modules that have "lights" category defined) and then also for devices integrated with VD (HUE, Nanoleaf, LIFX). All UHAS VD's automatically set their HC2 categories, but I also use system with roles and modules so that each scene or VD can find other scenes and VD's needed to preform specific action.

Usually search is done during start up of VD or scene. But if any new devices is added, changed or deleted, then there is button on the bottom of VD which can be used to preform searching and updating without needing to restart the HC2.

Same apply also to other core VD's like ANC Message VD which is used to configure notifications. After adding new VD or scene that sends notification, just need to refresh list with button on the bottom of ANC Message VD and then configure new VD or scene messages to whom will be sent and using what service.

BTW All messages in UHAS can be sent to all available services: push, popup, e-mail, pushover, telegram, groupme, TTS and LaMetric clock. If anyone has suggestions for any other notification services then please let me know.

Fantastic!

Whatsapp? 

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, Sjekke said:

Whatsapp? 

Whatsapp has business API as far as I know which is intended to be used by medium and big businesses and most definitely is not for free.

I did found Chat API which I suppose is using Whatsapp service, but is not part of the Facebook and Whatsapp. I get stuck during making my account since it requires to confirm application with mobile Whatsapp and web.whatsapp.com or what ever what I do not have on iPhone version. @Sjekke If you know something I don't know please share. Give me some useful links and I can add this service to UHAS before it is released.

Hi @Sankotronic, you’re right … the WhatsApp API is only for Business use and not free. I found 

Please login or register to see this link.

. It can run in Docker. I never used it, maybe other forum-users have experience with it.

• Topic Author
  • Finally (ALC) Advanced Lighting Control suite is done! :-)

Next add Blebox support to ALC and then finish some other configuration VD's for mutimedia, alarm clock and sleep mode suite.

Then comes blinds module and alarms in security and safety module.

I almost forgot to mention, I have also added UHAS compatibility code for Tasmota plugs that are controlled with Automation bridge added VD to HC2. Just main loop code needs to be added to each Tasmota VD and then can be controlled by ALC :-)

• Like 2
    • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find download links; is UHAS publicly available? If so,do I need, prior installing UHAS,  to remove from the system already installed standalone VDs and scenes of Netatmo Weather, Forecast, Emojis and so on?

• Topic Author
  • Hello @_Marcin_ ,

I'm still working on UHAS to finish what is marked with (IN PROGRESS) in the list in my first post so it is still not available for download. I expect to finish it before end of this month and then will need few users to help with test before final release which I expect at the beginning of December and definitely before Christmas.

Standalone version of VD's and scenes can coexist with UHAS during UHAS installation, but can be deleted later since all standalone VD's and scenes has their counterpart in UHAS.

• Like 5
    • Thanks 1

16 godzin temu, Sankotronic napisał:

Hello @_Marcin_ ,

I'm still working on UHAS to finish what is marked with (IN PROGRESS) (..)

Standalone version of VD's and scenes can coexist with UHAS during UHAS installation, but can be deleted later since all standalone VD's and scenes has their counterpart in UHAS.

Thanks for explanation. I'm not sure I'm capable of doing tests but let see at first, whether I'll have some spare time... ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • Hello ALL!

Currently I'm moving new UHAS from my developing HC2 to my working HC2 for further testing and cleaning of some bugs and also to finish those parts that are still marked (IN PROGRESS).

More info is in my first post!

Thank you!

• Like 5

@Sankotronic I´m impressed! If UHAS shines - like it looks like it is going to - it will be the most important and welcome xmas  gift Santa could bring this year for most of the HC2 users!

• Topic Author
  • Hi @1152 ,

It will be a real miracle if I manage to publish it on time before Christmas. Still so much to do. I have installed NEW UHAS on our working HC2 and modified VSL scene to work with new UHAS until I test new ALC.

VSL scene is actually working very nice with new UHAS and I think I will make it available too for users that have no problem with playing with settings in code. ALC main advantage is that most of the settings is done with VD and therefore settings can be easily changed with phone siting in sofa :-)

Something like Fire and flood alarm which are ready to be used immediately after installation since all sensors are automatically found and added to the scene. User can then just setup who and on which service will receive notifications using ANC. It is also possible to add additional sirens and valves to be closed.

But OK, back to work. Time flies.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Please login or register to see this link.

? Merry Christmas ? and ? Happy New Year.?
    We look forward to receiving your ??? presents ??? under the Christmas tree ;).

• Topic Author
  • @tomisoft

Thank for the best wishes.

Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

Regarding UHAS. For last two weeks I was busy optimizing code. During coding on development HC2 everything looked very good, but after moving UHAS to our working HC2 I had some problems with responsiveness and memory so had to do some changes on 40 scenes and 102 VD's.

This helped and responsiveness is now great. Scrolling through data on VD's is without delays, lighting is working without delays. I still have some problems with memory, but have to test it also on another HC2.

I'm also busy with new HUE API v2 and have to do smart combination of scene and VD's to get it work nicely since VD's does not support HTTPS calls.

My goal is to make system that just works, repairs itself in case of any problems and is simple to install and setup. Some limitations from Fibaro side does not make it easy and I had to change code and adapt it every time when I reached some undocumented or not predictable limitation.

Fingers crossed! ?

• Like 1
    • Thanks 2

• Sankotronic changed the title to Sankotronic Lab - Universal Home Automation System (UHAS™)(PUBLISHED)