Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sankotronic Lab - Universal Home Automation System (UHAS™)(PUBLISHED)

Sankotronic

Hi @Sankotronic, Thank you for the info.
Super news "UHAS for HC2 will be published before end of September even if some things will still not be finished".
I hope some workaround can be found for the upcoming netatmo problem. Maybe using raspberry pi as an authentication server.
BR Tomis

• Topic Author
  • 29 minutes ago, tomisoft said:

I hope some workaround can be found for the upcoming netatmo problem. Maybe using raspberry pi as an authentication server.

Will deal with that when Netatmo make next step, but it might be more easy than it looks now.

• Like 2
    • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • Hi all,

sorry for long silence. I'm investing all my spare time to write UHAS Installation and User manual. Progress is steady, but not fast as I want. It is amazing how much functions, options, possibilities has to be mentioned and described.

87 Virtual devices and 46 scenes, optimized and rewritten at least 4 times after hitting some HC2 limitations that I was not aware of since were never documented.

At this moment UHAS installation package is 42Mb in size after compressed. Manual is growing in size and at this moment is 21Mb in compressed size.

Luckily for me we are going to have few rainy days, so I can mostly work on manual :-)

• Like 2
    • Thanks 4

• Topic Author
  • Just updated my first post :-)

It seems that only Burglar alarm is still missing from the long list. I have just added Very Smart Blinds suite to the UHAS and now hard work on manual. Burglar alarm can be finished and added later so as many other solutions.

Fingers crossed ?

• Like 2
    • Thanks 4

• Topic Author
  • Still writing manual. Now busy with lights module :-)

• Like 2
    • Thanks 1

Hi!

Is there any manual for using special characters in the VD label values?

For example:

If in your code you're using this label=' \240\159\143\160 '..variable

...and it shows like the attached screenshot.

What are these codes: \240\159 etc? I assume these are some codes for icons. Where could they be found?

Thank you!

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Topic Author
  • Hi @krizso ,

In the past there were some problems with Unicode characters such as this Emojis when I was writing LUA code in my editor so I made Emoji VD and I used this numerical coding which I get from Character Viewer on my Apple Mac.

In the mean time and with several upgrades of my LUA editor this problem was solved and now I can use Emoji by just pasting them directly to my LUA code.

Here is how it looks:

? house building - home
    Unicode: U+1F3E0, UTF-8: F0 9F 8F A0 = \240\159\143\160

Here is document that I made in the past with many Emojis and their Unicode and UTF-8 hexadecimal and decimal representation that you can download: 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

How Emoji are presented highly depends on the operating system and internet browsers.

You can check that here:

Please login or register to see this link.

I decided to use Emoji to make my work look more clear and appealing, also to be able to show more information on one label so to reduced size of Virtual devices and also to reduce need for translations.

• Topic Author
  • Just finished writing lights module in manual. 253 pages!

I will not manage to finish manual till tomorrow 30. September, but will do my best to publish it first days in October.

This week had a course to do and that took most of my time.

Still what is left to do 200 pages more ?

• Like 4
    • Thanks 1

• Sankotronic changed the title to Sankotronic Lab - Universal Home Automation System (UHAS™)(PUBLISHED)
  • Topic Author
  • UHAS IS PUBLISHED and is available for download here:

Please login or register to see this link.

I want to BIG thank to @clowg for helping me with translations and manual these last days! THANK YOU!

I also want to thank many of you who helped during testing of UHAS beta versions and with translations! @clowg, @Bodyart, @jimicr, @gucio1234, @jompa68, @Sjekke, @robw, @rbhun, @lennypenny, @FunkFib, @MarcoT, @Orgli, @MarcoTorino71 and many others. Your help is greatly appreciated ?.

I also want to thank gurus of this forum @petergebruers, @jgab, @cag014, @SmartHomeEddy and others for help with coding in LUA.

And of course a BIG thank to Fibaro for providing Home Center 2 and Home Center 3 for developing purposes!

• Like 6
    • Thanks 5

Hi,

I was waiting this moment for years but I just bought HC3 few days ago ?

Looks like I'm gonna stay some more time on HC2 ?

Great work for all  ?

Thank you.

• Like 2

• Topic Author
  • 17 hours ago, silvinnio said:

I was waiting this moment for years

I wish I could to it faster, but my job and family took most of the time in this last 5 years of UHAS for HC2 development. I hope that HC3 version will take much less time in total :-) If everything goes as planned then I should start working on HC3 version in January next year.

Thank you for choosing UHAS!

@Sankotronic I'm happy to see that all the hard work you have put into this project now is officially released! I can't thank you enough for the work you've done and released to the community over the years, making the HC2 a wonderful system. Thank you! Also, many, many thank's to the friends here that have helped testing UHAS!

• Like 2
    • Thanks 1

@SankotronicAmazing amount of work. Thank you, congrats!

I started UHAS implementation, so far so good. I only have one unexpected error, the same occurring in both Maine scene FTBE and Good night scene, from the very beginning after I added the scenes: 

[DEBUG] 16:51:02: 2022-10-09 16:51:02.684020 [ fatal] Unknown exception: /usr/share/lua/5.2/json/decode/util.lua:35: unexpected character @ character: 1 0:1 [T] line:
    [DEBUG] 16:51:02: T

I own a HC2 4.630. Any useful hints?

• Topic Author
  • Hi @MihaiC ,

For now just comment out code lines 25 to 27 in FTBE:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_10/2016799318_ErrorjsondecodeFTBEandGoodnigtscene.png.a9f0b62e1abf564c732630bfe5634a7d.png" />

and line 57 in Good night scene and let me know if that works.

• Topic Author
  • @MihaiC ,

Please check if you have global variable HomeTable added to your HC2 and what is holding there. Is it a numerical value or it is predefined variable with several values available? Instead of commenting code lines as suggested you can also just change name of the HomeTable variable to something else like MyHomeTable in code. If you change name then you will have to change it in other scenes where it is used including Home Table scene which is used to make it, see in manual chapter 18.7

Thank you Sankotronic. My HomeTable was there, but it was somehow corrupted. In the end I managed to rebuild it and now everything works as expected (I eliminated the comments of those lines too).

• Thanks 1

• Topic Author
  • Thank you @MihaiC  for reporting back. This helps to make UHAS even better!

I really appreciate every feedback, good or bad!

Hi Sankotronic,

first of all, thanks for your amazing work you have done over the last years working on UHAS. I think it will take some time to get an overview over all the possibilities you put in there :)

I am setting UHAS up for the last 3 evenings. Everything looks fine till now, besides one litte typo in the German Translation Scene that made the Script stop. But that was easy to find out an fix.

Right now I'm struggeling with the Philips Hue integration process.

In your Download-Package you are offering the Hue Preview VD v 1.0 which works fine so far.

But in this version group IDs are not supported.

In the manual Hue Preview VD v1.4 is shown, where Hue Groupe IDs are available!

Can you please provide the latest Hue Preview VD, so that I can continue with the Hue Goupe VD where the group IDs are required.

Thanks!

Regards

Andi

13 minutes ago, Andreas Lederhofer said:

Hi Sankotronic,

first of all, thanks for your amazing work you have done over the last years working on UHAS. I think it will take some time to get an overview over all the possibilities you put in there :)

I am setting UHAS up for the last 3 evenings. Everything looks fine till now, besides one litte typo in the German Translation Scene that made the Script stop. But that was easy to find out an fix.

Right now I'm struggeling with the Philips Hue integration process.

In your Download-Package you are offering the Hue Preview VD v 1.0 which works fine so far.

But in this version group IDs are not supported.

In the manual Hue Preview VD v1.4 is shown, where Hue Groupe IDs are available!

Can you please provide the latest Hue Preview VD, so that I can continue with the Hue Goupe VD where the group IDs are required.

Thanks!

Regards

Andi

Found the latest Hue Preview VD (v1.4) in the Philips Hue Bridge 1 installation folder... ;)

Maybe this will help someone else who is implementing your Hue VDs