Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Swiid inline cord switch issues

AutoFrank

Question

Hi @tecmatic, @stevenvd, @joamlin, @cuprum, @acasanova @UrSv

From what I read on the forum all or some of you have experience with this device

I really liked the look and they are perfect for lamps and as such I have 7 of them and have been mostly happy with them.

I have always has a few issues where they appeared dead but since 4.120 this seems to have gotten much worse and an exclude/include doesn't seem to resolve

I'm running fw 1.82 on the cord switches

I looked for templates but couldn't find them and the advanced tab didn't have a section to all manually

is anybody else experiencing these issues and are they are any suggested solutions ?

Thanks

-f

8 answers to this question

With the latest HCL firmware I don't have any issues anymore, before they appeared dead once in a while and had to remove it from the power for a minute and everything was ok (for some time). I never excluded/included them after they appeared dead, only remove them from power.

• Inquirer
  • 16 minutes ago, boerremk said:

With the latest HCL firmware I don't have any issues anymore, before they appeared dead once in a while and had to remove it from the power for a minute and everything was ok (for some time). I never excluded/included them after they appeared dead, only remove them from power.

Thanks @boerremk

Any idea why this happens.

Do you know of any other way to resolve this "dead" issue other than a manual power on/off ?

Edit

I have one lamp

Currently showing as "Communication problem" withe the big white X

If I force communications "Do you want to connect to dead node" - OK

I click On and the light comes on but I get Transfer failed and it goes back dead again

If I try a soft or full reconfiguration on the slave it fails..

If I try and reconfiguration on the master it also fails

The only way to recover this is to literally sit the swiid in-line cord switch on top of the HC and try and include exclude which has a 50/50 change of passing.

TBH - I'm close to throwing these in the bin except a) they are not cheap and b) there is nothing like them out there 

Edited by AutoFrank

7 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

Thanks @boerremk

Any idea why this happens.

Do you know of any other way to resolve this "dead" issue other than a manual power on/off ?

Hi @AutoFrank,

Never figured it out, replaced the lamp, used different outlets, but always with the same result. One of them is used for a lamp in one of my kids room and automatically turns on if he goes to bed, so if that didn't happen he knew what to do... :)

• Inquirer
  • Just now, boerremk said:

Hi @AutoFrank,

Never figured it out, replaced the lamp, used different outlets, but always with the same result. One of them is used for a lamp in one of my kids room and automatically turns on if he goes to bed, so if that didn't happen he knew what to do... :)

Thanks @boerremk

It sounds like it more of a quirk of the device as opposed to my system..

Old thread, but I'm picking it up again as I encounter the same with my 7 Swiid Cord Switches.

Did you troubleshoot this issue any further? Did you resolve it?

I'm getting tired of the big white X with "Communication problem", but as you mentioned, they're too expensive to throw away, and there is nothing like them as far as I know.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I have had two of these switches for years - and yes from time to time they go dead. Apparently the fix is still to remove power and then reconnect it again. One of several quirks with z-wave devices that make me reluctant to install a HC2-system with my old parents.

My two switches behave the same way. Especially one of them. I have tried everything. Only removing them from power works.