Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

to many instances

Mats Even

Question

Can someone explain me why this scene gives me the warning of to many instances. I have several similar looking scenes that sometimes gives the notification of to many intances. Max running instances is set to 2

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Mats Even

11 answers to this question

Because it always ask if device "fibaro eye" is under some value, when value changes. So please, set max running instances on 10. Then it shouldn't show this.

Edited by jakub.jezek
adding some words for better understanding of my thougts

@jakub.jezek: If one eye is permanently asked, there's one instance of the scene running, right ? What causes the other instances and why it should be rated as high as 10 (and not only 4 or sth. like this)? I rose the number of instances (step-by-step with trial-and-error) in only some of my scenes to 4, but I'm still missing the understanding of how instances are caused and counted. Pls, can you give me an explanation ?

@Orgli, glad you asked.

Lets tell it on @Mats Evens scene. I think it is lux sensor in condition there.

Everytime when value of lux changes and it is under value in condition (11000), then new instance starts counting to 300. That's why it shows max. running instances message. Looks like sometimes it stops dropping the instances.

I attached a document that sums it up. It's made by Fibaro.

• Inquirer
  • The point with scene is if the lux is measured for more then 11000 for 300 seconds my blinds are closed. Is it done right? It seems to work fine but sometimes I got the message of to many instances 

I changed it to max 10 instances but it still gives notification about to many instances 

Edited by Mats Even
    Tested the solution advised

@jakub.jezek: thx a lot ! 'I like to sing "I can see clearly now...the scene has gone" :-)

@Mats EvenSorry, silly question, but are you sure, it is the right scene ?

Do you have other scenes which trigger the "too many instances scene" ?

• Inquirer
  • Hi. @Orgli

What do you mean with last post? If it is the right scene?

I also have some other scenes that trigger "too many instances"  And I dont understand why. What is wrong with the scene i mentioned earlier. @jakub.jezek

It is suppoes to close my blind when the lux is measured for more than 11000 for more than 300 seconds

@Mats Even: Sorry, just wanted to be sure that the screenshot is from the error-causing scene

• Inquirer
  • Yes it is from the actual scene. But I still don't know why the too many instances are mentioned 

23 hours ago, Mats Even said:

Yes it is from the actual scene. But I still don't know why the too many instances are mentioned 

Always when you have some delays / waiting processe triggered by header you can have this issue.

trying to rewrite this scene without delays / waiting and triggering by header values - via infinity loop. 

• Inquirer
  • Made the scene with no valu for delay and it is working. But what I want to the scene to do is if the lux have been more than 11000 for more than 300 Seconds it will Close my blind. Can I do that in another way?

@Mats Even, sorry i did not replied earlier.

How often you LUX sensor changes values? If it change 11 times it start 11 new instance of this scene. If you have there big time (300s) in a condition, then every instance starts to count 300s after lux changes. I don't know what can be wrog there, it looks fine. Please, look at pdf a posted. there it is told hot max. running instances behaves. Ponts 2 (Scenes with one triggering device) and 3 (When do we need more  more instances?) can help you with it.