Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeotec MS6 configuration parameter optimisation

AutoFrank

Question

Hi,

I have a 14 of these multi sensors around my house and I am trying to configure them as best as I can.

All of my devices are USB powered and were included under usb power. All are running 1.7 fw

I am also trying to rule out these devices as a potential root cause for what looks like busy zwave traffic / slow responses.

I looked at the parameters and there would seem to be options that can be tweaked. For example i can switch off reporting for UV as all my devices are internal.

I was wondering has any user changed specific parameters, why they changed them and what was the impact/benefit.

Thanks

_f

Edited by AutoFrank

• Inquirer
  • 6 hours ago, chaicka said:

Gosh...I wish there is an ability to consolidate a sticky post somewhere which links up all those threads about devices which cause z-wave network going gaga. Yours is not the first but a useful one for many other people stepping into home automation.

I avoided most unreliable makes for awhile now. Even popular makes like Aeotec, not all their devices are properly designed and behaves correctly in accordance to z-wave specifications too. There are others I had to return and stop purchasing their products too (under UAT or Return list in my signature).

@chaicka

I agree 

The other use is there are product gaps in some of the major players. For example the fibaro smart plug isn't made with a UK type plug. The swiid inline cord switch is a nice solution for a bed side lamp but no other manufacturer makes anything like it.

58 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

@chaicka

I agree 

The other use is there are product gaps in some of the major players. For example the fibaro smart plug isn't made with a UK type plug. The swiid inline cord switch is a nice solution for a bed side lamp but no other manufacturer makes anything like it.

Lots of gaps, no NZ/AU fibaro plug option, no fibaro over 2.5kw option...

Isnt singapore same plug configue as AU/NZ?

Edited by Jamie mccrostie

8 hours ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

Lots of gaps, no NZ/AU fibaro plug option, no fibaro over 2.5kw option...

Isnt singapore same plug configue as AU/NZ?

Nope. Singapore is using UK plugs, given its early days before and after independence, no surprise most of the standards here follow the British's.