Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Door and window check before arming

jimicr

Question

@matt1981,

Here you go

This one checks when arming while home, in my signature you'll find the arm scene I use.

I have more door and window check scenes that I'll post when finished (like for the netherlands a rain alert and a reminder if there is a door left open by the kids or you forgot to close the garage door)

*Edit* removed my mistake, thanks @Sankotronic for pointing this out

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by jimicr

8 answers to this question

@jimicr

i don't see the link in your signature for the alarm setup. I am still trying out to find a good alarm solution for me to activate by badge, information who has entered, etc.

would you mind to share the link and what system you use and if you are happy with it?

thanks and best regards

ronnie

1 minute ago, jimicr said:

@matt1981,

Here you go

This one checks when arming while home, in my signature you'll find the arm scene I use.

I have more door and window check scenes that I'll post when finished (like for the netherlands a rain alert and a reminder if there is a door left open by the kids or you forgot to close the garage door)

Perfect! i'm still slowly learning LUA coding, but it's coming along, slowly. those weather alerts will surely come in handy btw!!

my wife and i spent 2 week  traveling through the Netherlands by train, "during winter." it was painfully cold and windy, but a gorgeous country. We  couldn't wait to get back to italy and get away from the wind! lol  the Netherlands is definitely a very unique and interesting location

• Inquirer
  • 2 minutes ago, DonQuichopp said:

@jimicr

i don't see the link in your signature for the alarm setup. I am still trying out to find a good alarm solution for me to activate by badge, information who has entered, etc.

would you mind to share the link and what system you use and if you are happy with it?

thanks and best regards

ronnie

@DonQuichopp I only have a simple rfid device from China that activates a UBS so no info about who armed/ disarmed.

this is my arm scene:

(most updated versions) .

Hope it's to any use for you or anyone else .

Just now, matt1981 said:

Perfect! i'm still slowly learning LUA coding, but it's coming along, slowly. those weather alerts will surely come in handy btw!!

my wife and i spent 2 week  traveling through the Netherlands by train, "during winter." it was painfully cold and windy, but a gorgeous country. We  couldn't wait to get back to italy and get away from the wind! lol  the Netherlands is definitely a very unique and interesting location

Thanks, I am learning aswell. 43, a 3 and a 5 year old and no history in programming :) But I'm enjoying myself!

The rain info comes from buienrader.nl a live rain website, not sure if it works outside of the netherlands.

Jim

43 minutes ago, jimicr said:

*EDIT* the scene is an adaptation of @Sankotronic doorwincheck so I used his code to name the doors/ windows. You'll need to enter a description:

Hi @jimicr,

That is not necessary any more since new version of Check Status of doors and Windows scene v1.1 uses room and device name. I thought that you were working with this never version of code!

• Inquirer
  • Just now, Sankotronic said:

Hi @jimicr,

That is not necessary any more since new version of Check Status of doors and Windows scene v1.1 uses room and device name. I thought that you were working with this never version of code!

Haha you are right :) It's not necessary. It's just one of those things that is stuck in my head I guess.

Sorry for the confusion!

Just checked and it is still version 1.0 on forum, but that change is implemented anyway. Why then I have version 1.1 in my library and not here? :huh: Must be that I forget to upgrade with so many things to do. In 1.1 I added support for @AutoFrank SMsgH scene and some requests from users. Ok, now just to add support for this new system I'm working on and then will be posted.

• Inquirer
  • 1 minute ago, Sankotronic said:

Just checked and it is still version 1.0 on forum, but that change is implemented anyway. Why then I have version 1.1 in my library and not here? :huh: Must be that I forget to upgrade with so many things to do. In 1.1 I added support for @AutoFrank SMsgH scene and some requests from users. Ok, now just to add support for this new system I'm working on and then will be posted.

I think you are overworked a bit ;)

take your time!

When kingsday is over and the kids are not sick anymore I'll post my adaptations of my versions if you don't mind 

1 minute ago, jimicr said:

When kingsday is over and the kids are not sick anymore I'll post my adaptations of my versions if you don't mind 

Hey, your solution will be mostly welcomed!!