Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Everspring On / Off Switch sends a message: [Power has been applied] several times an hour.

olav.martin.lid@gmail.com

Question

A relay flooded the notification center. A Everspring On / Off Switch sends a message: [Power has been applied] several times an hour. I had to made a scene that deletes the notification center once an hour, because the HCL hanged up from to many messages in the center.

Also having this issue on a HC3 which runs the latest version. 

Any additional suggestions? 

Kind regards.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I just installed my new HC3 today, updated to the latest firmware and installed several (5) Everspring AD147-2 in my home. It still generates an 'informational' notification several times per hour so the issue is not fixed.

The notifications pane is flooding with these messages after a single weekend! I have now excluded the devices from polling which is a very undesireable configuration.

@Fibaro: can this be fixed in an update for the HC3?

Edited by I v Wolferen

We have forced in template to disable this notification in the device, both on HC2/HCL and in HC3.
This was done some time ago, reconfiguration is required (code was changed in March 2020, version 1.3 of this module).

Device info:
 <productType>0004</productType>
 <productID>0008</productID>
 <zLibraryType>03</zLibraryType>
 <zProtocolVersion>04</zProtocolVersion>
 <zProtocolSubVersion>36</zProtocolSubVersion>
 <applicationVersion>01</applicationVersion>
  <applicationSubVersion>03</applicationSubVersion>

Unfortunately device may not accept request to disable this notification events, if it still happening we can't fix this using Z-Wave protocol commands.
This means that changing this behavior is possible only by ugly hack in Z-Wave engine code itself.

I will request this change but this is something that we just may not want to do - to make sure that we can even try to make it we need templates for all revisions of this product to correctly detect those modules.

The problem is still in HC3 and no news from Fibaro. They should have at least a way to "discard" notification...

Sorry, cannot resist this: Experienced Fibaro user should know by now that waiting for promised fixes is like Waiting for Godot. You have to enjoy the waiting even though we all know it will never happen.

Someone in Poland (or Italy) has obviously got the misconception that this will spur us all running to buy a HC3. 

Not. 

Problem is still not fixed as of December 2021. I have reconciled myself with turning off polling.

Edited by jodohl

So you need to wait for HC2 update, remember - device re-inclusion (or full reconfiguration) will be needed to apply changes.
Also we can't be sure that device supports disabling notifications, I hope so.