Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HEM - which slaves are correct ?

AutoFrank

Question

Hi,

I have successfully included my HEM.

The HEM has only one clamp and yet I am getting two sets of Volts/Amp/Power slaves that are showing values

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Does anybody know which set of slaves are the correct ones ?

Thanks

_f

9 answers to this question

Hi @AutoFrank,

I have same HEM with same problem. I monitored for few days measurement and compared measured voltage with my UPS and then selected the one that was showing same readings. It is second group of four that show up after inclusion.

• Inquirer
  • 3 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @AutoFrank,

I have same HEM with same problem. I monitored for few days measurement and compared measured voltage with my UPS and then selected the one that was showing same readings. It is second group of four that show up after inclusion.

Thanks @Sankotronic

I was noting the same and for me its also the second group

what have you don with the others, 

hidden or hidden and disabled ?

for the other group that is reading kw - I wonder does this contribute to the overall consumption ?

Just now, AutoFrank said:

Thanks @Sankotronic

I was noting the same and for me its also the second group

what have you don with the others, 

hidden or hidden and disabled ?

for the other group that is reading kw - I wonder does this contribute to the overall consumption ?

The rest of them I hid and disable first group that is also showing readings. Everything seems to be correct except reading on dashboard on the top of the web GUI page. Consumption panel is ok, have same values there as on @jompa68 consumption monitor.

• Inquirer
  • 2 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

The rest of them I hid and disable first group that is also showing readings. Everything seems to be correct except reading on dashboard on the top of the web GUI page. Consumption panel is ok, have same values there as on @jompa68 consumption monitor.

Thanks 

I'll do the same and keep an eye...

When I add back on all my software (scenes and VD) I'll also add in @jompa68 consumption VD and use that to monitor

I'm trying to get all my hardware sorted first. One UBS for my gate sensor is p[roving difficult but I'll get it sorted.

I also can't seem to get the Fibaro motion sensors or two fibaro door sensors included so I think I'll leave them out and replace with two UBS/regular contact switch solutions

When complete I should have nothing running batteries except for a minimote and 2 x ZRC90 which is where I wanted to be anyway. 

Amazon replaced my faulty MS6 and the new one arrived this morning. Vesternet has agreed to take back the Greenwave and give me a store credit which is great.

I also found two more motion sensors last evening I forgot so I'll need to add those back in as well or I might replace for aeotec multisensor

My wife is telling me it nice to use the light switches and music app again ;) but the house seems very quiet without Domino.

We hadn't realized how much the HC2 was doing for us and will be great to get it all back and running ....

22 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

Thanks 

I'll do the same and keep an eye...

When I add back on all my software (scenes and VD) I'll also add in @jompa68 consumption VD and use that to monitor

I'm trying to get all my hardware sorted first. One UBS for my gate sensor is p[roving difficult but I'll get it sorted.

I also can't seem to get the Fibaro motion sensors or two fibaro door sensors included so I think I'll leave them out and replace with two UBS/regular contact switch solutions

When complete I should have nothing running batteries except for a minimote and 2 x ZRC90 which is where I wanted to be anyway. 

Amazon replaced my faulty MS6 and the new one arrived this morning. Vesternet has agreed to take back the Greenwave and give me a store credit which is great.

I also found two more motion sensors last evening I forgot so I'll need to add those back in as well or I might replace for aeotec multisensor

My wife is telling me it nice to use the light switches and music app again ;) but the house seems very quiet without Domino.

We hadn't realized how much the HC2 was doing for us and will be great to get it all back and running ....

This automation thing is a rod for our own backs ;) I have got almost all lighting covered except the guest bedroom, and it amuses me watching the wife walk into the room and struggle to understand why the lights are not automatically on.. its so nice to see how quickly the automation appears invisible to the household, and yet we rely on it instinctively.

• Inquirer
  • 26 minutes ago, shaunfrost said:

its so nice to see how quickly the automation appears invisible to the household, and yet we rely on it instinctively.

well said @shaunfrost

For me its nice to see it reap real benefits for my household (apart from being Daddy's hobby) but from reading the posts and seeing the passion on this forum I am definitely not alone :D

Hi @AutoFrank,

I'm glad that you will soon sort out your automation. I can only imagine how much job has to be done when you have again to include all devices.

One of my Fibaro motion sensors get berserk so I replaced it with Aeotec ms6 and I'm happy with it. BTW what USB power supplies did you order for your ms6 sensors? For this one I used one small with USA plug that came with one gadget because it fits nicely in wall junction box. I ordered one more ms6 and I will need more of those small USB power supplies. 

I have also faulty Fibaro swipe and I decided to replace it with Remotec ZRC-90. That controller seems to be ok. What is your experience? Is there anything I should worry about or it is working nicely with Fibaro?

1 hour ago, AutoFrank said:

47 minutes ago, shaunfrost said:

This automation thing is a rod for our own backs ;) I have got almost all lighting covered except the guest bedroom, and it amuses me watching the wife walk into the room and struggle to understand why the lights are not automatically on.. its so nice to see how quickly the automation appears invisible to the household, and yet we rely on it instinctively.

I know exactly what you mean. When I try to replace TTS service my family throw stones at me asking me to return Angelina's voice back. If something doesn't happen as it should because I'm busy writing new code, my wife or kids immediately shout at me that what the hell I'm doing with Angelina :-) 

Ok, going back to coding. Still need to finish new Weather State/Forecast and then back to the drawing board to plan next step. But as I see it now, next step will be TTS service and data logger because they will be present in every piece of code I do next.

• Inquirer
  • 3 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

BTW what USB power supplies did you order for your ms6 sensors?

Hi @Sankotronic

I've used a variety of power sources.

Some I just had around like the samsung one or the apple 10w one

For my upstairs sensors I put a ring of these in my attic and brought the cables down through my ceiling though airtight caps

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2017_05/5910b80897dd3_usbsockets.jpg.11eb28a83df1e88dde981cb89b44b4dc.jpg" />

For downstairs and the garage I used these 

5910b82052abd_usbpower.PNG.87d32b8676b5fcc01a9b13973646b6d1.PNG

I got the above locally but also available on amazon

The lower ones I got on amazon but neither fit into a wall plate unfortunately

Did you try amazon for the small ones ?

3 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

I have also faulty Fibaro swipe and I decided to replace it with Remotec ZRC-90. That controller seems to be ok. What is your experience? Is there anything I should worry about or it is working nicely with Fibaro?

The ZRC90 has worked without issue for me for about 8 months and I actually have 2 now

The swipe didn't really suit my needs ....

To be honest I may not use the ZRC90 a lot going forward as I have dusted off my echo Dots and have started playing a bit with them and I think I'll be using them more often 

Edited by AutoFrank

Hi @AutoFrank,

Thanks for replay. I will check on eBay if they have some small USB supplies so I can hide them in boxes.

Unfortunately I can't use Echo so for now I will stick to several remotes. I have one Fibaro swipe that is working very good so I keep it for now in our bedroom, but for kitchen and living room I will use Remotec ZRC-90 since it seems nice and simple. One is on the way already. :-) 

If you decide to sell yours ZRC-90 then I'm interested in buying them.